If you are a music producer, CAUTION!

nihalar

Please don't say Thomas Vitali. Say Psynina! The guy was suspicious to me since almost 6 years...

Sorry I just need to quote myself now:

heh ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Interesting thread, shouldn't it be moved to the general section instead? And to think that our psynews mascot NHJO wanted to marry this? :ph34r: Hope he don't scam NHJO-boi! He has a lot of killah tunes in his vaults!

PSYNINA IS REAL, YOU NEED TO BELIEVE!

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2020 at 5:43 PM, AstralSphinx said:

Interesting thread, shouldn't it be moved to the general section instead? And to think that our psynews mascot NHJO wanted to marry this? :ph34r: Hope he don't scam NHJO-boi! He has a lot of killah tunes in his vaults!

PSYNINA IS REAL, YOU NEED TO BELIEVE!

there is a story on reddit too...

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2020 at 10:22 AM, nihalar said:

(Quote removed by Admin)

Who made that track then?

I remember there were some other tracks in similar style, also a collab with E-Clip (not sure E-Clip would collaborate with someone who is obviously shady, though it was 10 years ago)

Edited by RTP
Quote removed by request

I think this would fit very well in the general section indeed, it's very psytrance related. And could help people make important decisions, and perhaps share some positive, negative or neutral experiences regarding this.

The thread could perhaps fit in the spiritual zone as well if it derails, since nobody seems to know what's fantasy and what's real with this project. It would be fair as well if psynina chimes in with her side of the story. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 3:28 AM, recursion loop said:

Who made that track then?

I remember there were some other tracks in similar style, also a collab with E-Clip (not sure E-Clip would collaborate with someone who is obviously shady, though it was 10 years ago)

A decade ago, the Internet was not as transparent as it is today, I guess many respected artists believed in this person because of the names of the labels he purchased which used to be great names when former owners managed them. 

Taking into account such introduction, 10 years ago, some collaborations were already being made at a distance... I doubt very much that E-clip and Sunstryk shared the studio, and if they did, I guess the main work was made from E-clip. 

I'm sorry if the information about Sunstryk disappoints you, but this is reality. 

On 7/26/2020 at 5:06 PM, RTP said:

Please don't say Thomas Vitali. Say Psynina! The guy was suspicious to me since almost 6 years...

All right then hehe

1 hour ago, nihalar said:

I'm sorry if the information about Sunstryk disappoints you

Not really, as I said I kinda liked some of his (his?) tracks but never was a real fan or anything.

I heard several tracks credited as Sunstryk which sounded similar (definitely like they had been made by the same person) but  maybe it was just the same ghost producer. Interesting why he/she never showed up then.

10 hours ago, nihalar said:

Obviously as Santa Claus!

Yes haha :D I still remember vividly, that many people really hoped she was real. By now it's like the Yeti of psytrance lore. When you think about it, it was a rather clever move, since female producers are so rare within this scene, or atleast was in the 90s/2000s. Nowadays I have no clue. :) 

So it was bound to make an impact and get people curious. I just don't understand how the person behind the project thought that live shows could be omitted from the equation? I mean there's no psytrance project of any significance, that doesn't perform live/DJ. So that killed the longevity of the concept pretty fast I think, they should've actually hired a female DJ to front the project/play live. Because I suppose there never was a live show? There was always rumours or rather "legends" of someone knowing someone, who had seen her live. -_-

So taking all this into consideration, it was not just a ghost producer it seems, but also a ghost artist? (whoever the female on the photos is).

On 7/28/2020 at 12:33 PM, nihalar said:

admin @RTP,  Im agree with @AstralSphinx, can you help us to move the thread to general section??  :)

yes - moved by request!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

That's creepy dude :unsure:

Just some random image from google :) I googled psynina, and the printscreen showed up, no clue about the context. Nor who took it/or when. I think it might've been from the isratrance thread.

It seems from the printscreen that someone made a joke and changed their facebook name to psynina and changed their profile photo to her. :lol: And those comments are the reaction to this "practictal joke".

Kinda wicked that the isratrance psynina thread spanned from 2005 to 2017 and reached 82 pages lol. A 12 year psy mystery drama. 

*updated*

Yup photo/printscreen was from the isratrance forum:

F8A1E59E-C167-43C7-8952-121D32A68628.jpeg

http://www.psytrance.pl/artist/psyNina/

The photo appears on this polish psytrance site as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AstralSphinx said:

Just some random image from google :) I googled psynina, and the printscreen showed up, no clue about the context. Nor who took it/or when. I think it might've been from the isratrance thread.

It seems from the printscreen that someone made a joke and changed their facebook name to psynina and changed their profile photo to her. :lol: And those comments are the reaction to this "practictal joke".

Kinda wicked that the isratrance psynina thread spanned from 2005 to 2017 and reached 82 pages lol. A 12 year psy mystery drama. 

*updated*

Yup photo/printscreen was from the isratrance forum:

F8A1E59E-C167-43C7-8952-121D32A68628.jpeg

http://www.psytrance.pl/artist/psyNina/

The photo appears on this polish psytrance site as well.

Okay :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, recursion loop said:

What the story behind that Psynina?

I googled her, found quite a few tracks (listened to a couple, they sounded ok), few different photos of the same girl, few mentions on sites like discogs, psyDB etc and that long isratrance thread.

Why was it alleged that she wasn't real?

Here is an old thread from 2005 here on psynews:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AstralSphinx said:

Here is an old thread from 2005 here on psynews:

It redirects to the same Isratrance thread

Ok, I guess that's some inside joke or local meme from 15 years ago, not that I really care tho.

But now I know NHJO was already around in 2008 :) 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, recursion loop said:

Ok, I guess that's some inside joke or local meme from 15 years ago, not that I really care tho.

Exactly that is what it is - an old, kind of "Psytrance scene meme" ... in my opinion.
We actually had memes before that "meme thing" took off and conquered the whole internet. This was one of them. :)

So, that Psynina thing was a kind of mystery / meme / whatever... until some people did a bit of digging and found very significant signs that it's just Thomas Vitali. It was never fully proven, but neither disproven.
Thomas Vitali apparently was the first who in our scene came up with that "DJane that doesn't exist" idea ... that's how I see it.

Seems there was no real harm done with the Psynina thing ... the other stuff mentioned here might be worth the warning though...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, RTP said:

Seems there was no real harm done with the Psynina thing ... the other stuff mentioned here might be worth the warning though...

A while ago I read a case about "Psynina" which was booked in the past, including advances of money by part of the organizer, however this project never showed up on the place and date probably for very obvious reasons.

However, you are right that the post does not focus the attention to "Psynina", but to a current and more serious situation, which was discovered by many artists in the present, where there's even exist a private group of victims of such scam and such violations of author rights, that sum more than 100 artists who are completely aware of it, and this, without forgetting the hundreds of artists who are not even aware that their works have been damaged during more than 10 YEARS by this man and in several ways. You'd be surprised how many of those who are aware now, realized the situation many years later. This doesn't take long to explode and It's a pretty grim and bad situation for the responsible, unfortunately for him, but it is a situation that more than sure that will be pursued. In Beatport, for example, many of their record labels under Plusquam have already been banned and you won't find them anymore.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, nihalar said:

A while ago I read a case about "Psynina" which was booked in the past, including advances of money by part of the organizer, however this project never showed up on the place and date probably for very obvious reasons.

However, you are right that the post does not focus the attention to "Psynina", but to a current and more serious situation, which was discovered by many artists in the present, where there's even exist a private group of victims of such scam and such violations of author rights, that sum more than 100 artists who are completely aware of it, and this, without forgetting the hundreds of artists who are not even aware that their works have been damaged during more than 10 YEARS by this man and in several ways. You'd be surprised how many of those who are aware now, realized the situation many years later. This doesn't take long to explode and It's a pretty grim and bad situation for the responsible, unfortunately for him, but it is a situation that more than sure that will be pursued. In Beatport, for example, many of their record labels under Plusquam have already been banned and you won't find them anymore.

Very well written and a quality post for sure, this reminds us of of the gravity of the topic. I hope that the posts about the long-standing meme side of the psynina project, will not distract too much from the serious nature of the latest developments regarding this. Be sure to keep us updated, with how this unfolds.

• Like 1

• nihalar changed the title to If you are a music producer, CAUTION!