Why psytrance has NO future..

Open Source

@Bartzabel

Well articulated post ;)

@Open Source

I do not know much famous, new Psytrance or what I heard was not my taste.Seems Vini Vici mostly produces together with others..but here a track  which seems to be from him alone: (I pulled these tracks cause you named this band)

Maybe I am missing something but can you explain what is so great about it? It has even the ethno elements from old and cheesy samples ? Note not dissing the artist, it is well produced!!

Another one - even if track itself is good, but what you perhaps call vocals kind of destroy it. Also are you saying the people making darker stuff have no future and should stop and instead emulate the artists you named? Just curious ? So we have even more same sounding music? So the age old Indian "Namaste" or U.F.O. theme is the future or something new ? Trying to understand...

From a general perspective, I'm only 40 years old with 23 of those years in the music industry. Touring heavy metal bands from 1997-2005 who I sold my company & then making music for ads and tv. 

but people in general like their life to predicable & routine based. Like kids, it gives a sense of safety and control, which is a complete illusion as this year has proven no one has any control over anything and to think you do is just hilarious. 

therefore the average person likes predictable music. They like the baseline, beat and melody to follow a formula. Just like most people are happy to f#ck the same way as long as they cum. 

it is why actually talented musicians can cash in on writing predictable pop music. Ed Sheeran for example is one the most talented guitar players to ever exist, but he's not going to cash in playing for some black metal band wanking over the ashes of a burnt church while performing goat bukkake (I love black metal by the way musically but the aesthetics are just hilariously stupid).

so popular psy trance follows a very predictable formula, but people think it's edgy because of the cultural & religious appropriation and the slightly tripped out sounds. They will never listen to forest stuff, even Zenon makes them slightly uncomfortable.

the same applies to every genre. People are happy to listen to pop hip hop that talks of birches, Rape and murder as long as it has predictable and funky beat. Drop some NWA shit and they freak.

People will listen to Metallica, but drop Dying Fetus and they will freak. 

if you want to push musical boundaries, if you want to go full experimental, if you want to go full hardcore you will be never be popular, get lots of paid gigs or royalties.

that's why even the neo-goa rubbish sounds about as exciting as another night banging my wife the same way. It feels good in the moment but in the end it's about as satisfying as McDonald's. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Idk, I fell in love with psytrance because it had energy, trippy and spaced out sounds but also melody and emotion. Now it still has energy and spaced out trippy sounds, more than ever, but melody and emotion are very rare to find. I still kinda enjoy it because I've got an acquired taste to this aesthetics, but I think if I would have been first exposed to psytrance in 2020 and not in 2006 I'd unlikely have any interest to it. 

Kinda amusing thread, I'm not gonna bother viewing the video the thread starter made, since the whole topic/thread style feels way too click baity. The thread name makes me think of, somekind of self-proclaimed psytrance scene oracle. :lol:

The naming of the thread follows some formulas used for gaining attention/views online in general, pick a "controversial" topic, claim something that can't really be proved and which is sure to engage an often heated discussion, which commonly leads nowhere. Reminds me of trolling to be honest, as some of the reactions here seem to be in line with.

The purpose of the thread seems to be more about promoting a youtube channel than anything else really.

THIS IS A PROPHECY. 

• Haha 1

He makes some points - but he need to explain them more, so I am curious if the OP will come back and reply... or just drop a video link and is gone. OTH who cares if most people today hate dark psytrance (as he said), the ones making it do not want to be popstars anyway (I guess?).

@Bartzabel

I find it interesting that some (or even many) psytrance fans like some blackmetal (me too), perhaps one of the reasons is.. it is not that far apart musically. Bold statement? I explain, both styles use repetitions (eg. tremolo riffs or 303 patterns) and trance inducing sounds

On 7/5/2020 at 3:42 AM, Bartzabel said:

Haha haha

Interesting. A status on Facebook can't be longer than 63,206 characters, but this one is 491,519 characters lo long. ...On the OT video, I didnt listen or see through it all at all. I'll leave this here for moped lol 

Haha haha

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Multi-Media said:

He makes some points - but he need to explain them more, so I am curious if the OP will come back and reply... or just drop a video link and is gone. OTH who cares if most people today hate dark psytrance (as he said), the ones making it do not want to be popstars anyway (I guess?).

@Bartzabel

I find it interesting that some (or even many) psytrance fans like some blackmetal (me too), perhaps one of the reasons is.. it is not that far apart musically. Bold statement? I explain, both styles use repetitions (eg. tremolo riffs or 303 patterns) and trance inducing sounds

Yeah, seems like lazy spam, if there is no real discussion, and just dropping a link to ones own youtube and spotify lol. And the unnecessary "hahaha" is spam too (scroll-trolling lol), so I mean this would fit better in the offtopic section IMO.

Apologies I went off the deep end a bit... 

yes I like music with atmosphere, not necessarily having to have great composition or follow the rules of melody.

black metal fulfills that a lot, especially stuff like Wolves In The Throne Room (nicest guys on the planet btw), Mizmor, Wiegedood and many others.

anyway it was a crazy weekend my end for one for my kids but all will be good.

apologies for the insanity.

10 hours ago, Multi-Media said:

Fuck this shit, the OP trolled and is not coming back.

Btw. I noted he has a label: http://www.ghostlabel.gr
And made videos about how to become professional in music... (quite ironic eh)

What I'm currently looking for, is how to get better at scrolling? :D Any tutorials? I need to reach a pro level in scrolling. This thread needs a future, any predictions? Is it going uphill or downhill? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Veracohr said:

For fuck's sake guys! Couldn't you limit it to 100 "Haha"s instead of a million? :lol:

It's like they say, laughing is contagious. :lol: