New solo album from Simon Posford alias Flux and Contemplation

Guys, did you hear about this before without posting anything here...!!?? :huh::unsure:

Apparently it is being released tomorrow (or technically today where I am) 3rd of July 2020 according to Simon's (or Shpongle's) insta... A new album, just like that... I haven't heard any of it, so I have no clue what the style will be, but very interesting!

https://twistedmusic.com/news/#news-popup/1/

But who writes Twisted's promo texts?! Since when was Hallucinogen a dance project...!?? <_< that is just embarrassing.

• Haha 1

it's an ambient/dub album, and sounds great, simon really only communicates through facebook these days
i think twisted's stuff is out sourced these days, been so long since hallucinogen did anything, can't remember what style it was
oh hang on it's that boom boom dance music isn't it!

• Haha 1

He's posted a fair few clips of some very reggae/dub stuff on Instagram the last few weeks. Hasn't blown me away but early stages. I get a bit tired of the dub psy style. After almost 3 decades I'd think these folk could change it up a wee bit.

and I've dance to Hallucinogen hundreds of times when the gigs were worth the effort in the 90's. It's dance music aka music to dance to.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:41 AM, technosomy said:

it's an ambient/dub album, and sounds great, simon really only communicates through facebook these days
i think twisted's stuff is out sourced these days, been so long since hallucinogen did anything, can't remember what style it was
oh hang on it's that boom boom dance music isn't it!

Explains a lot, I almost never on facebook anymore or only for short burst at least... so miss most stuff there :lol:

But yeah, it must be something like that, but that seems quite lazy and unprofessional... But maybe it is just me, as an old-fart, having any issues with the dance-stamp, for me "dance" was a dark side of music history in the 90's :o:lol: the horrors! :ph34r::ph34r: but then again, some of the dance classics has merit too, such as Culture Beat -Mr Vain and so on :lol: 

On 7/3/2020 at 6:11 AM, Bartzabel said:

He's posted a fair few clips of some very reggae/dub stuff on Instagram the last few weeks. Hasn't blown me away but early stages. I get a bit tired of the dub psy style. After almost 3 decades I'd think these folk could change it up a wee bit.

and I've dance to Hallucinogen hundreds of times when the gigs were worth the effort in the 90's. It's dance music aka music to dance to.

When said in in reference to an 90'ies + early 00s act "a dance project" is something else entirely... what was considered "dance" was the likes of 2 Unlimited, Culture Beat, Aqua to maybe Tiesto (dance-trance?)... so a lot of the mainstream dance.