Sign in to follow this  
astralprojection

Classic Goa Trance basses/leads/FX recreated in modern software

AstralSphinx    120

Maybe this new Eventide plugin Shimmerverb could be useful for goa, anyone tried it yet?

https://youtu.be/T9MCwivHN10

AstralSphinx    120
28 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

Ok :P I'll interpret the microdot as "haven't tried it yet" ;)

No I posted a video comparing the h3000 vs the newer software version. But then I had second thoughts cause the video itself was kinda cringy and the poster used his "singing" if you could call it that, as the sound source for comparison 

:D

No i haven't tried that plugin you posted :)

AstralSphinx    120
34 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

No I posted a video comparing the h3000 vs the newer software version. But then I had second thoughts cause the video itself was kinda cringy and the poster used his "singing" if you could call it that, as the sound source for comparison 

:D

No i haven't tried that plugin you posted :)

Aha haha, well I hope they someday release all ther best algos in a plugin, the ones used in the Eventide's most used in goa trance in the 90s that is. :) 

Hopefully this Eventide plugin can do atleast something slightly reminiscent of that. Although I'm not expecting too much. Atleast it seems Eventide are waking up and realizing that for example Valhalla is closing in on their turf.

Anyone has any experience/opinion on this Swedish plugin? Seems good for distortion on separate channels.

apparently thats exactly what they did with their new h3000 plugin

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/effects/pitch-delay-modulation-filtering/h3000-factory

but it lacks everything (imho) that made the original so good. now it sounds just like any stock plugin id say. no character, sound profile, or anything like that. it has no "mojo". in my opinion at least=) 

AstralSphinx    120
2 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

apparently thats exactly what they did with their new h3000 plugin

https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/effects/pitch-delay-modulation-filtering/h3000-factory

but it lacks everything (imho) that made the original so good. now it sounds just like any stock plugin id say. no character, sound profile, or anything like that. it has no "mojo". in my opinion at least=) 

Aha didn't know about that one been kinda out of the loop, gotta check it out.

its not great, i think you can do better with logics native stuff =) 

but it was very interesting to hear all those drastic differences, from the same manufacturer, with the same name-  and 20 something years later. but still sounds worse than the orignial.