4. Spirit Dance
5. Voices of Helium
6. Distorted Angel
7. Rise and Shine
8. Outside This World
9. Music Machines Shall Inherit The Earth
10. Easter Hymn

a77Ox3e.gif

Actual footage of Hans getting coffee in the morning after releasing album.

Clementz is Hans Henrik Clementz and he's from

*checks notes*

nPWVLFd.gif

Norway?  Really?  I know during this global pandemic we've been quarantined away (well, most of the world because the dumb ass Americans apparently think the virus just disappeared because they wanted a f*cking haircut), but Norway is kind of on quarantine all the time isn't it?  Tucked away in a corner of the world you don't really hear what's going on over there.  What are they known for other than beautiful scenery, polar bears, and the northern lights?

Actually that's enough.  Well add goa trance excellence to the list because it ain't just Ra form the snowy north anymore.  Kretslop (how come I can't make that f*cking o with the damn line through it!?!) means circuit in Norwegian I believe.

This first half of this album is extremely intense.  Acid, layers, and big booming kicks.  Æ-Re-Stu is a fantastic opener illuminating how vast and potent this music is going to be.  Big Rip is certainly has all of that.  Huge and powerful it also has its delicate touches making this the ultimate banger.  Inner Core harnesses the same energy and is relentless, and even though Spirit Dance allows you to catch your breath in spots, it has a very danceable melody.  Infectious really.  But if you thought you were going to have a break, well that myth is shattered by the absolutely bombastic Voices of Helium.  Even though it's the shortest track on the album it's got layers of spirals and power to make this an instant anthem. 

Like the Suntrip promo says they focus more on the melody side of things during the second half.  Outside This World feels like a bit of a let down.  Remember in junior high dancing to the jam and then the dj plays a slow song and the people mostly leave the floor?  Kinda like that.  Well, Music Machines and Easter Hymn brings them back with their very bouncy melodies.

Congratulations to Hans for a very good debut album and one of my favorites this year.  Highly recommended!

Suntrip Bandcamp

• Like 1

I very much enjoyed most of the the album till Voices of helium. All of the tracks before it had great interesting ideas and executions, unfortunately the latter sounded more fillerish to me and I had a hard time enjoying any of the melody work.

On a high note: Spirit Dance is incredible. Amazing celestial mindsphere type melody that trancends you into heavens. It's surprising the widely used sample he used didn't even bother me. It was all so well executed.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 10:26 PM, Penzoline said:

On a high note: Spirit Dance is incredible. Amazing celestial mindsphere type melody that trancends you into heavens. It's surprising the widely used sample he used didn't even bother me. It was all so well executed.

Yeah, that one is really very good. Great melodic work and very lush and deep atmosphere.

Gotta check the rest of the tracks asap.

• 2 months later...

Hi there everyone,

I've been wanting to do video reviews for a while now, my hope is that it will bring more hits to the music and somehow add to the scene. 

Any way self-righteous ramblings aside, this is my first attempt, I hate it, but need to start somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2020 at 6:20 AM, Tsotsi said:

Hi there everyone,

I've been wanting to do video reviews for a while now, my hope is that it will bring more hits to the music and somehow add to the scene. 

Any way self-righteous ramblings aside, this is my first attempt, I hate it, but need to start somewhere.

This is cool :) Go for it! I watched it with pleasure :) Can I post it on facebook? :)