4. Alien Artifact
5. X-Files (Pleiadians Remix)
6. Magnetic Fields
7. Spacecrafts
8. Cosmic Trigger

6MDALWa.gif

Oh come on.  Why would you do this? 

Why? 

You guys are f*cking legends of old school goa trance.  There's you at the top and then... the rest.  You could spend your life playing the old stuff for hippie burn outs at any club you want.  Knee deep in 20 year old girls with daddy issues and an insatiable will to please.  Live on the beach and be drunk all day and eventually become a shaman.

I mean I get it.  You're artists.  You like to create and you still feel you have more to offer.  So who the hell am I to tell you to stop making new stuff.  Just because I don't like it I'm sure there are some psytrance fans can look past the tepid full-on bass lines and weak melodies.  Surely there will be people out there that will buy it just cause you slapped your moniker on it. 

Legendary artists like these are always in a sh*tty  no win position.  Keep doing what made you a sensation and they'll say you can't evolve.  Do something different and people will say, "Damnit, the old stuff was better."  But...wasn't the old stuff better than this?   It's like you jumped in a time machine and instead of going back to 1997 you said, "Aw f*ck it, 2004 had the Incredibles and Martha Stewart went to jail, it was lit!"

I even tried to pretend it wasn't you.  Like maybe if I take them out of the equation the music could stand on its own mer-

F*CK NO IT CAN"T! 

This is snoozetown.  Simple, uninteresting full-on.  But hey, I will never stop thanking you for IFO.

15E for a digital album. You're joking right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

Wow, what an entertaining opening review! I laughed. I nearly cried. I don't think I peed which is good because we just got a new area rug for the house.

I just became aware of this album today (on YouTube) when searching for DAT Records triple IFO classic with remixes album. 

This wasn't it! Initially I could hear the Goa influence, but MINIMALLY SPEAKING, track after track. The approach is SAFE and RISK-FREE via FULL-ON. 

You can make dance friendly Goa songs without sticking to a basic formulaic structure, beat, and bass line, but this does exactly that. 

There are hints, traces of decent to fairly good (relatively catchy) synth work here and there. Trying to be objective, if I didn't know this 

was Pleiadians and it came on the dace floor, I'd think some of it was pretty cool, alright. But IT'S PLEIADIANS!!! They're so much more talented, creative, 

imaginative, and innovative than this... Or are they? They could have taken the time to produce something truly wonderful and divine, but I suppose the 

inspiration for a super album is not there anymore. They're just producing to stay relevant (I imagine) at this point for the fans and name they still have. 

We live in a time when the magical years are behind us, and YET THE ESSENCE of the Golden Years of GOA is TIMELESS, meaning we are approaching that timelessness

as we move towards the expanded realities that await our consciousness as the vibration continues to rise. This is not the end or we wouldn't be conscious here and now!

Acknowledging the SILVER-LINING, OLD-SCHOOL PLEIADIANS is a testament for what's to come (not necessarily from these artists though anything's possible) because of it's magic and timelessness.

For instance--

This true timelessness goes BEYOND GOA to what inspired minds to produce gold! So if you catch my meaning, I'm speaking consciously, not about the 2019 album at this point and am simply thankful that we got IFO and whatever else you enjoyed from them, because the best is yet to come, even if it's not in the form of a new Pleiadians in this lifetime here and now.  Just remember, where the mind goes, energy flows. Gratitude for what we love and forgive everything else. This is a way to THE WAY :) 

PS:  Alien Artifact and a few others are pretty cool via Goa influences in the second act albeit fairly minimal before unfortunately returning to the predictably bland full on baseline in Act 3. The album has its LIGHT Goa inspired moments and aspects if you can forgive what the album is NOT, whether you like any of it or not. I'm beyond hating at this point. Negativity is draining. I hope the artists and their families are well, and if they get inspired to produce something more PASSIONATELY IMAGINATIVE, COMPLEX, and IMPRESSIVE > PURE GOA-ESQUE that isn't so formulaic/Full On at some point, I'd be thrilled, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Thanks 1