Title: Party Animal Farm
Label: Nano Records
Date: October, 2019

1. Party Animal Farm
2. Kikkarapyllyt
3. Time Travel (With Mad Maxx)
4. Drunk On Milk
5. Heartbeat
6. Shakahama (feat. Sonic Species and KIN)
7. Computer Simulation
8. Radio
9. Mimosa Dosa (Menog Remix)

QcmUe9l.gif

"You're going on a trip now.  It's going to be rough.  It's gonna feel like it's going on for a long time, so it's going to be hard to stay alert.  It's going to be even harder to stay quiet.  But you have to do both."

If you keep including samples that describe your CD there isn't going to be a lot of work left for me.  I have always been a fan of Daniel Bernardo's work, but unfortunately it is no longer 2010.  Back in its heyday night-time full-on was a beast combining minor key eerieness with full power.  Labels like Timecode, Nexus Media, and Yabai brought some serious heat.  The music was so intense you had to catch your breath.  I even remember some crackers from Nano Records.  

But times change.  People's tastes in music change.  It is inevitable.  I still love this type of music, but if you're going to do it, you have to be all in.  While I enjoyed the power in some of these tracks, there isn't anything I haven't heard 10 years ago.  From Daniel himself.  Gone are the symphonic vastness, the storytelling, the industrial bent...The days of a kick and a galloping bassline for 32 measures are over.

I'm routing for you Daniel.  I am.  But you gotta come harder than this.

Psyshop

Menog Bandcamp

• 2 months later...

Hehe sadly I wont consider Menog among the group of night time full on producers. His music is well produced for sure but its missing those beautiful haunting melodies that were his signature.  His style now is .. well I dont know what call it but "Nano Records". Its kind of full on, kind of foresty. Sadly consistently engaging is not something I can call it. 

That being said - there were a few tracks i liked on the album - Computer Simulation, Kikkarapyllyt, Drunk On Milk - but on the whole, its not memorable. 
To each his own - Dani's been doing this for a long time and the man's a master - here is hoping he feels like revisiting his older works for inspiration in the future :)

• Like 1