Do you think Youth talked about Goa trance with Paul MacCartney?

Ormion

Martin Glover aka Youth is a living legend of goa/psytrance. I mean his the founder of the first Goa trance label ever Dragonfly and he's still active today.

Apart from Killing Joke he has also collaborated with Paul motherfucking McCartney in the Fireman project. Their most recent album was released in 2008. 

So do you think Paul asked Youth:

-Hey bloke, what are you up to?' 

-Oh you know I helped in the creation of Goa trance.

-What's that?

-Here, have a listen.

I know it's kind of stupid idea for a thread, but the very thought that Paul McCartney is aware and possibly has listened to Goa trance blows my mind.

And of course the real question is? Would Paul enjoy it?

• Haha 1

The Fireman's second album is quite the journey. Fantastic album. =)) The first one is just remixes and the third one sounds more like McCartney than Youth, not that it's a bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeYR9eThq5Y

And yes, I believe Macca knows about us. He probably has been to the legendary Butterfly Studios, maybe even at Space Mountain Studios.

I definitely think he could enjoy it in the right context, for example during a studio session with Youth, perhaps in a micro-dosed state. ;) And yes if he has known Youth for quite some time, I would assume that he must've been exposed to it at some point of their friendship. Then again there's so much different goa made, one would hope that some of it might hit home with an older generation of psychedelic explorers. (Like in the case of Raja Ram). My bet would be that he would love some of the more downtempo psy stuff. Like Younger Brother or Shpongle perhaps. And yeah a collab between McCartney and Posford would be awesome of course.B)

And if we also take into consideration how much of a cultural shock the first goa wave was in the UK during the 90's, as it continued the issues the general public had with the raves since back in the acid rave days. Paul must've followed the phenomenon with curiousity. Since he as well has the experience of beeing part of a culture that wasn't entirely accepted by the "adults" in the beginning. And the parallels between the hippie era of the 60's and the 90s goa wave are of course there as an obvious aspect, which he surely could've reflected on, as it must've been quite a déjà-vu.

I can totally see Paul watching this on the TV in 1995: