The essential Israeli Goa Trance compilations

HolyLight

Inspired by the discussion in another thread, and after searching and not finding a suiting thread, I decided to create this one. I would like to compile a list of the must-haves including the rare lesser known gems. What I'm looking for is the psychedelic melodic side of what came out in Israel between 1994/1999ish. Before it became darker and less melodic. There are of course exceptions to this, and there came out some sweet new melodic stuff later, as well as retro compilations with music from the mid 90's that was re-released in the 2000's.

What I've enjoyed so far and would  like something similar to, is the Goa Vibes series, the Psychedelic Vibes series, the Trance Mix/Trance Mixim series as well as other compilations from Melodia Records. Destination Israel, the compilations on Trust In Trance Records, like Eternal Trance, and the Israel's Psychedelic Trance compilations. What other labels were there focused on these type of releases? I've been going through the review sections covering these years, and it has led to some interesting finds indeed, but it's a bit of a mess as some threads have had very little activity, and the review year sections are by no means focused on a specific country. Perhaps there is some nifty function on discogs to sort/find releases fitting within the narrowness of the criteria that I've defined within this tread?

This thread could be of use to those interested in getting more familiar with the style that arose in that era within Israel. My intention is to learn more about how and when some of the hallmark stylistic features came to be, and who one might trace the earliest examples to. For example it has been very interesting listening to Yan-Iv Haviv's early output on: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Trance-Mix-3/release/257184  in order to see if I could discern some antecedent to what later became the signature sound of Astral Projection.

VA - FullOn for sure. Cybel and Xerox & Freeman, amazing. Also The Forum and Tripout. Hyperion - Sunflower is such a beautiful track.

Shiva Space Technology Israel and Over The Sunrise if you like that kind of early nitzhonot. I used to listen to them alot in the late 90's.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, staffan said:

VA - FullOn for sure. Cybel and Xerox & Freeman, amazing. Also The Forum and Tripout. Hyperion - Sunflower is such a beautiful track.

Shiva Space Technology Israel and Over The Sunrise if you like that kind of early nitzhonot. I used to listen to them alot in the late 90's.

Thanks! Will dig into right now. :)

23 hours ago, staffan said:

The P. Cok - Defish track on the FullOn 1998 compilation, you recommended is exactly what I'm looking for! B) Of the other compilation you mentioned I can't find The Forum, would be handy with discogs links. Listening now to Hyperion - Sunflower on youtube! Now this tune brings back memories, veeeery long time since I last heard it. Beautiful track indeed, :wub: such an organic and juicy analog sound.

I'm currently going through all the relevant releases on Phonokol. what other labels are there to check out? I know of Krembo.

psydb.net is quite useful and clear for this type of label research, I tried my best to remove all releases which are full-on and newer.

Label Phonokol

Homepage http://www.phonokol.com

Country Israel

ReleasesCD: 124, CDS: 7, LP: 1

LP

Release

California Sunshine - Nasha

CDS

Release

Power Source - Incubator

CD

Release

Various Artists - Goa Vibes 1

Various Artists - Nataraja 1

Various Artists - Goa Vibes 2

Various Artists - Trust In Trance 3

Various Artists - Goa Vibes 3

MFG - The Prophecy

Astral Projection - The Astral Files

Various Artists - Israels Psychedelic Trance 1

Various Artists - Psychedelic Vibes 1

California Sunshine - Trance

Various Artists - Virtual Jungle

California Sunshine - Imperia

Various Artists - Psychedelic Vibes 2

MFG - New Kind of World

Various Artists - Israels Psychedelic Trance 2

Tandu - Multimoods

Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy

Various Artists - Psychedelic Vibes 3

Various Artists - Psychedelic Vibes 4

Various Artists - Eternal Trance

California Sunshine - Nasha

Pigs in Space - Pigs in Space

Various Artists - The Independance Trance Revival

SFX - The Unreleased Tracks 89-94

Various Artists - Israels Psychedelic Trance 3

MFG - Project Genesis

Various Artists - Psychedelic Vibes 5

Various Artists - Morning in Space

Luminus - Journey Into Your Dreams

Astral Projection - Another World

Various Artists - Trust In Trance - The Next Millennium

Various Artists - Shagaat

Passenger - For All Man Kind

Various Artists - Psychedelic Vibes 6

Astral Projection - In The Mix

Various Artists - Israels Psychedelic Trance 4

Guy Sebbag - Moments

Various Artists - Cyber Baba 2000

California Sunshine - Wonderland

MFG - The Message

Various Artists - Psychedelic Vibes 7

Various Artists - Israels Psychedelic Trance 5

On 5/18/2020 at 1:51 PM, AstralSphinx said:

The P. Cok - Defish track on the FullOn 1998 compilation, you recommended is exactly what I'm looking for! B) Of the other compilation you mentioned I can't find The Forum, would be handy with discogs links. Listening now to Hyperion - Sunflower on youtube! Now this tune brings back memories, veeeery long time since I last heard it. Beautiful track indeed, :wub: such an organic and juicy analog sound.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Forum-Trance-Compilation-From-The-Desert/master/123428

• Thanks 1

Well maybe not full of original tracks + it's premixed, but for me they being the first Isratrance V/A I got to know after discovering Infected Mushroom and Astral Projection, I like them a lot. I was a fan of "Isratrance" Psytrance all the way until it turned full-on and too much DJ friendly (club, chemicals, yawn) *see images*. Fun thick booklets inside. 

Also of course this series among others was very cool until it went full-on: https://www.discogs.com/label/452521-IsrAliens

R-79765-1377367243-3579.jpeg.jpg

R-206003-1097753949.jpg.jpg

• Thanks 1

Interesting I haven't owned/heard those yet, and I'm curious to hear Avi Nissim's mixing skills :) never heard him DJ. And also I never heard Erez Eisen DJ either.

31 minutes ago, staffan said:

Pretty covers, one is more pretty IMO than the other. Rather unique style. A bit darker/enigmatic. Than the usual cover artworks of the era.