what is the most psychedelic track from astral projection

Celaripo

Not sure if you mean as in sounding most like a psy trance track i.e. as in the formulaic genre , with more emphasis on noises than on melodies? But if you mean in its original meaning, as in trippy. My vote is on "Time Began With The Universe (Original Mix)" Because it takes my mind out there somewhere. Which is what I think a psychedelic track or experience should do. And with regards to the genre focused definition, I think most would agree that the Another World album to a certain degree contains some rather psy trance sounding elements. Life On Mars as Oopie managed to sneak in while I was typing is a very good example indeed.

Flying Into A Star is probably one of the more darker AP tracks from DG album, but when it comes to pure psychedelic expression than Life On Mars and Enlightened Evolution (Remix) comes to my mind as top picks, but since some folks already posted LoM, I'll leave the other one here. I was missing some good old AP topics.

There is another one I liked a lot back in the day, but I don't own the CD anymore. It's on Astral Projection In The Mix: Flying Into A Star (Ast-Roid Remix). Really hypnotic remix. And to me atleast a more psychedelic vibe. What we can learn from this track, is that you can have the same pattern/main lead on repeat for almost the whole duration of a track, without problems. And in that aspect it harkens back to the origins of the genre, for example Acid/Acid-Trance. In which a 303 line often was on repeat for the entirety of the track. On the dancefloor a track goes by so quick, that the crowd don't even take notice to how repeating it is, and on the contrary it can help in prolonging the trance-induced state of the crowd. Floating into the long seamless stream of tracks played during a night. Another track that does this extremely well is Maximiser by Oforia, which also employs another classic trick, by transposing the track in the final section, elevating the experience.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 7:26 PM, astralprojection said:

flying into a star ... knew i was forgetting something. that thing is definitely top3 on dancing galaxy. (dancing galaxy/liquid sun>flying into a star>life on mars)

nope this is all wrong, 

its noone ever dreams/dancing galaxy/liquid sun>life on mars>flying into a star. (suffice to say dancing galaxy is one special album)

i love the ast-roid remix too, but not as much as the original.

thanks for a great AP topic, hadnt checked out these tracks in quite some time. <3 just what i needed