Mixing Goa Trance

Guest Cozmik J

Hi,

Guys I need ur help. I want to mix goa trance but I read in couple of website that it is the hardest music to mix... is it true? I have experience in mixing jungle but when I listen to goa/psy trance, it has a completely different song structure or is it just me.. I try to look up some of the online shop that sell goa/trance music and to my suprised, they only sell CDs.. do all Goa/ psy Trance dj mix using cd? And can u guys show me the WWW for good online shop that sell goa/psy trance fro mixing.

Thanks guys appriciate it.

Guest Mike D

most use cd yes unless you go for the more progressive side e,g Digitla Strucutres and Iboga... got checkout either www.saikosounds.com or www psyshop.com

www.chaosunlimited.co.uk

i use both now, vinyl and CD's. Used to use only vinyl before as more or less everything was released on vinyl as well then (1994-1999)

Guest madpup

Depends. Proggy stuff is not too hard and the israeli new full on stuff like Astrix, ALien Project etc are very easy to mix. Nearly all tracks at the same bpm, similar basslines etc.

Guest NicolasNickelby

Its all about phasing. Mixing Psy-Trance is actually easier with Vinyl but if you want to have good music these days you have to spin CD's.

like gOnk, I use both.

Guest Cozmik J

I'm just surprise that goa/psy trance are released more on cd rather than vinly... I guess its better that way.. at least one genre take a different path in revolutioning the way we dj...

Can the Djs here help me introducing any goa/psy trance label.. I like hard n dark type... :) Thanx

Guest Lepton

hard n dark :

label :

discovally records

parvati rec

inpsyde media rec

apoxina

timecode rec

seraphana rec (1st release still have to come,)

doof records

afrogalactic rec

déja- vu rec

nabi rec (1st release still have to come)

digital psionics

Psystation

ambivalent

demont tea

exogenic

gi'wa productions

insomnia re

stoneage rec

Guest Cozmik J

Thanx for the info lepton. Hei I just wondering, are all cd's releases can be mix. What I mean is that cds that are compiled by some record company, are they already mixed by dj or is it an unmixed (mixed able)

i agree

Psytrance is relatively easy to mix if you compare to popular trance or something else, even if it sounds crazy !

• 7 years later...