Best records mastered specifically for Vinyl

Im getting into records and I am trying to buy some stuff (but holy fuck is its expensive, you kidding me? 50 euro + for a freaking album? Looking at you Dancing Galaxy and Lone Deranger )

and just wanted to hear from people who do own alot of precious vinyl already; what your top 5s are.

Like not just cause its vinyl, i can live without the noise and crackles. But the master is different for vinyl and sometimes even the artists themselves have vinyl in mind when mixing. And certainly the ME guy has it. So; with that said I think theres lots of vinyl out there that does sound alot better than CDs...

In addition to the cozy warm alive natural crackly sound of vinyl just in general ofc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, astralprojection said:

In addition to the cozy warm alive natural crackly sound of vinyl just in general ofc.

Oh yeah, I really like how the technics 1210 vinyl players looked as well while playing the discs. The little light that shines on the thingy that the disc is on looks cool too/adds atmosphere, unsure what it's called?  I've never had a vinyl collection, but I do have fond memories of listening a lot to goa trance vinyls at friends places in the 90's.

I like as well on youtube how some people upload music there and put the vinyl player in the video just playing back the record. :)

technics-sl-1200-012019.jpg

The one I remember which sounded great to me atleast was Man With No Name-Moment Of Truth. I would have loved to listen to lots of other classics on vinyl, and I imagine that Astral Projection and Hallucinogen which you mention, should sound amazing in the format. I would be curious to listen to Dimension 5-Transdimensional and Ra-To Sirius and Pleiadians-I.F.O on vinyl, as I think those older more analog sounds proably sound great on it. Also curious about the recently released vinyl edition of Crop Circles-Tetrahedron.

And then there are other albums, which I associate with the clean crisp digital sound of the CD-format. For example Miranda-Northern Lights. So those albums which, for me personally are strongly associated with the CD sound quality, I think I rather not hear on vinyl. Psysex-Expressions Of Rage album beeing among those. And also anything by Infected Mushroom around 1999/2001.

Ra-To Sirius, beeing the odd one, as I think it sounds more classic 90's ala Dimension 5 despite beeing a 2000 release. Which I think could be due to some of the tracks? With atleast R.O.M beeing produced the 90's. Since R.O.M was relased in 1997 already on an EP.

• Like 1

To be honest I mostly buy modern vinyl as it sounds much better than any of the old stuff I still own.

probably the best quality psy trance I own is the latest Captain Hook album that was pressed so well. It's expensive, but it's probably the best mastering & quality vinyl I own in my entire vinyl collection. Truly an eargasm. 

it made me feel bitterly disappointed in the lack of quality control at DAT & the Shpongle box sets. They look pretty but when my mate who only masters for vinyl ran them through his testing gear, he said I was well ripped off. 

definitely the remastered Shpongle Sets. Also the releases from Mad Tribe. All releases from Ultimae Records, also Sidereal Records with Solar Fields, Hol Bauman....

the Captain Hook release looks and sound beautiful. the 3 x Vinyl Gatefold and artwork is awesome. 

• Like 1

Hmmm... long time since I looked up the mastering guys. Well, Kevin Metcalfe is one name that I remember. He did some stuff for Blue Room, like Koxbox and Juno Reactor. Probably many more. I did just a quick look at discogs.

Then we have Dave at the Townhouse and probably some other guys. Hallucinogen and Doof.

Someone... was it Ott? Let's check. Oh Kevin Metcalfe mastered the Mir album. =))

Yeah, the noise and crackles souldn't be there. That is annoying. But I would go for the big labels releases. Like Blue Room, Dragonfly and Twisted. They knew what they where doing.  =))

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2020 at 5:42 AM, psyhoe said:

definitely the remastered Shpongle Sets. Also the releases from Mad Tribe. All releases from Ultimae Records, also Sidereal Records with Solar Fields, Hol Bauman....

the Captain Hook release looks and sound beautiful. the 3 x Vinyl Gatefold and artwork is awesome. 

Iboga just announced the new Beat Bizarre album will get the same vinyl treatment but limited to 100 copies. Hope it lasts a few days so I can grab one!!

On 4/20/2020 at 3:31 PM, Bartzabel said:

Iboga just announced the new Beat Bizarre album will get the same vinyl treatment but limited to 100 copies. Hope it lasts a few days so I can grab one!!

the funding started 2 days ago, its limited to 300, but somehow the samples do not convince me to spend 41€ on it. maybe i have to give it a try at another moment

https://www.diggersfactory.com/vinyl/227547/beat-bizarre-perpetuum-mobile