Clementz - Kretsløp (SUNCD61)

Finally! A Clementz LP to the circulatory..

Norway has spawned a new full-blooded Goa-Trance Artist ready to shock the World. No longer is RA the sole LP released Goa-Trance Producer on the plate. CLEMENTZ is in the Lighhouse, electrifying and intens. Where Ra are the LP Kings of Norwegian Released Goa-Trance, for sure Clementz is with his KRETSLØP Album the resilient Prince. Goalien the alien, Microcosm the holy spirit ghosts, the newly announced Maan LP as the up&standing, and of course Material Music as the psychedelic footpather .. *Heia Norge! 

CLEMENTZ - KRETSLØP 

Release Date: 3rd of May 2020

"Fierce Full Power Acidic Spiralling Goa-Trance like in the Old Dayz" - Dj Anoebis of Suntrip Records

SAMPLES: https://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD61/

10 Track LP

Total time :71:22

Style :Crazy melodic psychedelic trance

Mastering :Tim Schuldt @ 4CN Studios, Germany

Artwork :Andrii Averin, Ukraine @ Shiva Om Art

Cat no :SUNCD61

Barcode :8 001120 002853

Format :CD (Compact Disc) + Digital Download

Physical copies pressed :300

FB_IMG_1585512928655.jpg

Edited by psytones

• 2 weeks later...

Is the "Easter Hymn" track based on christian faith? I'm sorry but due to what happened to me during my childhood I find anything based on christianity, especially preaching, extraordinarily offensive. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Bartzabel said:

Is the "Easter Hymn" track based on christian faith? I'm sorry but due to what happened to me during my childhood I find anything based on christianity, especially preaching, extraordinarily offensive. 

I am pretty sure it isnt, its a full power goa-trance track with some weird vocals... maybe this gave him this inspiration for a title or so?

I don't think track names are always indicative of of peoples faith, it's perhaps more telling about what country/society the artist lives in. For example with Astral Projection, in their early SFX years they had a track named "Allah Acbar"

https://www.discogs.com/SFX-The-Unreleased-Tracks-89-94/master/522005

And they also have tracks and albums referencing Kabbalah, 

https://www.discogs.com/Astral-Projection-Ten/master/25754

And I certainly don't think they adhere to the islamic faith because of that, or that they are deeply into Kabbalah/jewish mysticism. But hey what do I know? They live in Israel so they probably believe in something? :) MFG beeing another example, having "Message From God" as your groups name, would suggest some kind of religious predilection perhaps, but it hasn't stopped people from enjoying their music. I think that beeing overly sensitive to such things, isn't any different to the people who are super religious that condemn electronic dance music for beeing "evil music".

I think that broadly speaking, perhaps artists overall tend to absorb and gather inspiration from observations in everyday life. It could be knowingly and with a thought behind, but as well just be on a superficial level. From reading something which the artist think sounds cool on wikipedia and what not. I think for example often when artists are stuck and can't find a good track name, they might browse wikipedia or read some books/watch a documentary about some esotheric stuff like mysticism or religion, ancient civilizations, and stumble across something which is interesting/sounds cool or captures the imagination.

So if much of the inspiration for Astral Projection, is grounded in life in Israel, why would it be anything different with an artist from Scandinavia? There's not much jewish mysticism around here for sure, so christian faith is perhaps the most logical thing to have been exposed to? In the same way anyone living in India would have been exposed to hinduism, buddhism or islam. Could just be that when an artist is producing a track, there is something on the television which they name their track after, be it dead serious, or with a bit of humour. Inspiration can come from anywhere. I've seen people name their tracks after names on samples in sample libraries, or name tracks after the names of certain instruments/plugins.

Afgin has a track named "Aden Prayers", this Easter Hymn track is perhaps the scandinavian version of that. :D Btw lots of people here in Sweden are home today because of easter holidays. Not that lots of people aren't home already because of the corona. Off to enjoy some boiled easter eggs! :wub:

• Thanks 1

Interesting examples you say, I can tell you some stories:

MFG: actually Aharon is a very strict religious person (Chassidic Jew even) and he went out of the trance scene for a while to make religious music (which is terrible from our standards). He just returned now for trance (as it is not forbidden for a strict Jewish person) but he won't play on Shabbat and will always wear a Kippa

Afgin: his ancestors were from Aden (Yemen) before the islamists kicked the jews out there, so this is a reference to his past. But he is definately not into religion... 

As for Clementz, he is not seriously religious for sure :) 

5 hours ago, Anoebis said:

Interesting examples you say, I can tell you some stories:

MFG: actually Aharon is a very strict religious person (Chassidic Jew even) and he went out of the trance scene for a while to make religious music (which is terrible from our standards). He just returned now for trance (as it is not forbidden for a strict Jewish person) but he won't play on Shabbat and will always wear a Kippa

Afgin: his ancestors were from Aden (Yemen) before the islamists kicked the jews out there, so this is a reference to his past. But he is definately not into religion... 

As for Clementz, he is not seriously religious for sure :) 

Interesting indeed, yes I noticed that Aharon made some religious music via his facebook if I remember correctly. Quite a good while after their classical albums. The Aden Prayers track is a very nice emotional track, and it becomes only better with a bit of background story IMO. 

If my memory serves me well, I think Yan-Iv Haviv left Astral Projection and became religious as well, not sure if that was the reason behind his departure from the group. Or if it was connected at all, I just remember something vaguely about it.(I could be completely wrong). I always wonder when I listen to their earlier tracks which he is credited on, what parts he made. :) 

8 hours ago, Diaks said:

If my memory serves me well, I think Yan-Iv Haviv left Astral Projection and became religious as well, not sure if that was the reason behind his departure from the group. Or if it was connected at all, I just remember something vaguely about it.(I could be completely wrong). I always wonder when I listen to their earlier tracks which he is credited on, what parts he made. :) 

Yes, true, I heard the same... I will ask Lior & Avi next time I see them! :) Interesting to know

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here you go! :)
Maximal, Powerful, Crazy, Super Psychedelic, Acidic, Spiralling Old Schoolish Goa-trance by Clementz! :)
This debut album of him, called Kretslop, showcases clearly the huge talent of this Norwegian magician! :) Check the music and please support the artist and label if you like! :) Links below!

Bandcamp:
https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/

Suntrip Shop:
https://www.suntriprecords.com/product/item/SUNCD61/

Psyshop:
https://www.psyshop.com/Kretslop-Clementz-Suntrip/sut1cd061/

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/album/1zYiwzSayKDQGlCkYH6M9k