What's your favorite Goa Album?

Jon above mentioned it :) And yes, a super album, really rocks my socks off any day!

I forgot that one, its great indeed! :D Funny coinsidence that my forum title now is : visually distorted , the track by Tandu :P

Nobody has said it.........

Tandu-Multimoods

still rocks to this day.

I finally wrote/posted a full review on Tandu's Multimoods yesterday in the 1997 section. :)

Favorite Goa album? Well these have made my top ten. And I consider them some of the all time best regardless. Actually, I rarely give solid A's to an album and I have never given an A to any other album in Goa past these first 6. Albums like Doof - Let's Turn On, Cosmosis - Cosmology, and Astral Projection TNT are also superb, and few others.

1. Pleiadians - I.F.O. - A

2. Hallucinogen - Twisted - A

3. Astral Projection - Trust in Trance - A

4. Dimension 5 - Transdimensional (Re-Mastered) - A

5. Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger - A

6. Transwave - Backfire - A

7. Tandu - Multimoods - A-

The one and only

ETNICA - ALIEN PROTEIN

A release with real depth, music with thought, for your soul =)

X-Dream - Radio

Radio is goa? =S I thought it was the album that marked the beginning of the end of goa.

I would say that I don't have a favorite. There are so many that I love, picking wouldn't make sense. One day it could be I.F.O, the next day, Train to Chroma City. But these haven't gotten any mentions yet:

Zirrex- Lost In Time

Dreamweaver- Lord of Illusions

Xervana- Samples From a Virtual Life

Ominus- Ominus

Ra- To Sirius

Asia 2001- Psykedelia

Mdk

I would say that I don't have a favorite. There are so many that I love, picking wouldn't make sense. One day it could be I.F.O, the next day, Train to Chroma City. But these haven't gotten any mentions yet:

Zirrex- Lost In Time

Dreamweaver- Lord of Illusions

Xervana- Samples From a Virtual Life

Ominus- Ominus

Ra- To Sirius

Asia 2001- Psykedelia

Mdk

ominus, long time ago, playing it right now,

to much goa to have one favorite album, impossible :blink:

Shiva Chandra - Spicy Moments

Bypass Unit - Dropz Of...

Both Hallucinogen

Etnica - Alien Protein

I wish there were more of the mellow progressive kinda goa like Shiva Chandra :)

i always wonder why etnica/pleiandians get so much credit. it's really good music but to me it sounds a bit flat as if something was missing...

+1

I myself didnt listen to them in the 90´s because their tracks on compilations sounded so much inferior in comparison to the stuff i liked more (astral projection, mwnn etc) but more lately i have began to appreciate some of their tracks that people have recommended for example trip tonite and nice toy.. but their albums i find a bit hard to digest.

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger. It defines Goa trance for me... perfect in every way.

Tandu - Multimoods seems to be many people's favorite. "Orca" happens to be one of those tracks I keep coming back to. It is a masterpiece. But since I haven't listened to the whole album, I can't put it on my list.

Does "Dementertainment" from Twisted count as Goa album?

Dimension 5 - Transdimensional

i always wonder why etnica/pleiandians get so much credit. it's really good music but to me it sounds a bit flat as if something was missing...

I don't know how you look at Etnica, but I look at their stuff as introspective music, not just psychedelic music. Listen to it carefully, pay attention to how each layer and each sound is introducted, and how the entire track arises and formes a gestalten whole, going beyond being just music into introspection.

Atleast thats how it is for me :posford:

• 2 weeks later...