Quaratine?

the goa constrictor

Ah so they just change the delivery method of the RNA into cells, I see. I'm not entirely sure that this is a good thing though...

Your mentioning of autoimmune responses to Covid-19 got me thinking. I found this article, quite good in my opinion: https://theconversation.com/an-autoimmune-like-antibody-response-is-linked-with-severe-covid-19-146255
I feel like that explains to me a bit why I felt so crap as I had it - it probably was this immune response I had to deal with and I was actually fortunate enough that it didn't turn out severe.
The only one thing that worries me personally is this sentence: "Would an ongoing autoreactive response help explain instances of “lingering” COVID-19 even after the viral infection has cleared?"
Could there still be a (low-key) autoimmune response active inside of me and that's the reason for these occasional "bad nights" as I put it? I keep having these - nothing too severe, but it makes me think.
What lab tests would I need to do to find these blood cells responsible for autoimmune responses ... we have this thing called "large hemogram" ("Großes Blutbild" in German) - would that suffice? And I assume I must do one when I feel the effects, not when I feel totally fine, right?

And on a second note: would that vaccine even help me when I had the sickness already and my immune cells therefore should know the virus already (obviously they do, because otherwise I would be dead long ago - said the doctor to me) or is it just pointless increase of risk if I took it?

2 hours ago, RTP said:

Ah so they just change the delivery method of the RNA into cells, I see. I'm not entirely sure that this is a good thing though...

Your mentioning of autoimmune responses to Covid-19 got me thinking. I found this article, quite good in my opinion: https://theconversation.com/an-autoimmune-like-antibody-response-is-linked-with-severe-covid-19-146255
I feel like that explains to me a bit why I felt so crap as I had it - it probably was this immune response I had to deal with and I was actually fortunate enough that it didn't turn out severe.
The only one thing that worries me personally is this sentence: "Would an ongoing autoreactive response help explain instances of “lingering” COVID-19 even after the viral infection has cleared?"
Could there still be a (low-key) autoimmune response active inside of me and that's the reason for these occasional "bad nights" as I put it? I keep having these - nothing too severe, but it makes me think.
What lab tests would I need to do to find these blood cells responsible for autoimmune responses ... we have this thing called "large hemogram" ("Großes Blutbild" in German) - would that suffice? And I assume I must do one when I feel the effects, not when I feel totally fine, right?

And on a second note: would that vaccine even help me when I had the sickness already and my immune cells therefore should know the virus already (obviously they do, because otherwise I would be dead long ago - said the doctor to me) or is it just pointless increase of risk if I took it?

autoimmune reactions are definitely a prime candidate for explaining long covid. just today i read a paper discussing that they found signs of inflammation in 60% of people 2 months after people had covid (they included about equal numbers participants from symptomatic and asymptomatic cases). that has me a little worried of what we'll see in long term cases from our second wave now. (just to be clear, the great majority of the study participants did not have any symptoms from this inflammation).

you'd need extensive lab work to actually find cells responsible for an autoimmune response. and afaik the markers aren't included in the large haemogram by default. but there are specific markers you can look for that might be positive that your doctor can order from the lab. but i don't know which ones they are or indeed if we know already which ones could be positive for long covid. from what i've read today you can specifically look for anything happening in the heart with a heart mri. there are probably other procedures to test for other kinds of inflammation. but i don't think that our doctors could get the insurance to pay for something like that if there are no clear symptoms? what sort of symptoms do you have in these "bad nights"?

since you've already had the virus, getting a vaccination would most likely be pointless. a good way to test if you have lasting immunity (up to now we only know that it lasts longer than 6 months for most people) right now is to do an antibody test. you can get a quick yes-or-no answer with those test cassettes you can get in the pharmacy for 15-20€ (the most widespread one is called "cleartest corona", but different companies offer exactly the same test for a cheaper price in a different packaging). of course a quantitative lab test would be even better, telling you exactly how good your immunity is, but i don't think there's already a standardised test at the lab institutes.
still, even without that information i'd bet my money on vaccinations being a pointless increase of risk in your case.

20 hours ago, Padmapani said:

what sort of symptoms do you have in these "bad nights"?

It's best described as a slight feeling of being sick ... but it's definitely without fever or elevated temperature, I checked multiple times.
Depending how I feel I can also have uneasiness or elevated heart rate (which then is toxic for getting a night's rest) - I believe these are just results and not causes though. I got my heart checked pretty soon after the infection and it was all good.

I don't know what to make of it and had slight hopes a lab test might bring a bit more clearance into the picture.

Thanks for the feedback regarding vaccination :)

If I do a lab test, I'll just put an antibody check on top, even if the doctor doesn't order it for me ... I'm just curious whether I still have any - and if yes, I won't vaccinate.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yes ... I don't know how it is with you, but here in Austria we will sit in Lockdown till Febuary 7th - and bars and venues will not open till March, this has already been communicated officially. Everybody now panics because of the B1.1.7 virus mutation...

Yet even though if the country reopened in March, it will be a long way until we are back to normal ... and maybe we will not even reach true normality as we know it anymore, according to some pessimistic voices out there...

But in the short run, they will be right. Just picture a psytrance party in 2 months for example (if it were possible) ... would you be as "careless" as you were prior to the crisis? I know I wouldn't. For example I would not hug people - and I'd probably not even go very near most of them. There will be a "shadow" remaining - and be it just a slight worry in people's minds ... it will take some time for that to go away. It's the same when it comes to bar visits ... I'd be quite careful, way more and different to what was before...

There's a post on here that advertises the Shankra Festival 2022 - and I actually think about going, because I am of the opinion that the crisis should be over by then finally ... well, at least the next winter is what will make it count - this one (the winter) you can forget already anyways, it's already in the bin...

1 hour ago, RTP said:

here in Austria

this is such a shithole country.  not because of the extened lockdown, which is definitely necessary, but because nothing works as it should. i am a category 1 person because i do covid tests so i should be among the first group of people to get a vaccine. the vaccination campaign has already started but no one knows how i could make an appointment. the official hotline says to call another hotline. the other hotline doesn't work at all, so i call the next day. then they say they cannot do anything because i'm under 80 years old. the next official info point says they have no idea and aren't responsible. so i call the original hotline again and they say the employer does make appointments automatically. in case the employer is a hospital that is true but i don't do tests inside a hospital and my boss has no information whatsoever. i'm really starting to think that india has way more efficient administration than austria.

i do think we will reach true normalty by the end of the year (as long as we can get vaccinations above 70-80% by summer). but i surely hope we can get access to normalty sooner with a filled vaccination card. but the only thing i know is that i'll make up for all the time spent at home once the clubs open again.

how are you doing covid-wise rtp? still occasional bad nights or 100% back to normal?

1 hour ago, RTP said:

Shankra Festival 2022 

the one in sri lanka? that lineup can't be real, can it? i mean there's no almost goa trance but otherwise just about every big name i can think of is on there. sounds too good to be true.

on the other hand the sankra 2021 in switzerland (if it does take place at all the coming summer) doesn't sound that shabby either.

28 minutes ago, Padmapani said:

how are you doing covid-wise rtp? still occasional bad nights or 100% back to normal?

I would say slightly better at the moment - but I "just" had a bad period at Christmas, so we'll see. I did a Covid test though (twice - one by myself at xmas and now I again went to an official one) and that was negative so at least there's likely no active infection going on.

Oh and thanks for asking :)

Bad to hear about the vaccine chaos, but it's Austria, that's how it is here :( :)

9 minutes ago, RTP said:

I would say slightly better at the moment - but I "just" had a bad period at Christmas, so we'll see. I did a Covid test though (twice - one by myself at xmas and now I again went to an official one) and that was negative so at least there's likely no active infection going on.

Oh and thanks for asking :)

Bad to hear about the vaccine chaos, but it's Austria, that's how it is here :( :)

damn, the recovery really seems to be dragging on for a long time for some people.

just last week at work i had a conversation with people who have been suffering from depression and breathlessness for two months since the infection. one of them even could not even get a full night of sleep since then, despite being put on benzos.
lockdowns really are a small price to pay. but still, almost every day i hear people complaining about having to wear masks and thinking vaccines are an evil ploy from the governments.

14 hours ago, Padmapani said:

lockdowns really are a small price to pay. but still, almost every day i hear people complaining about having to wear masks and thinking vaccines are an evil ploy from the governments.

playing devils advocate.

if someone is of the belief that there is a large conspiracy to do a softkill on the populos, cause massive sterility, and to somehow "tag" the populus using various techniques (rfid, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferase luciferase) and a bunch of other 'conspiracy theories' such as sars-cov2 is bioengineered at a lab - then there is really not a big stretch to say that the vaccines ARE an evil ploy by the governments.

23 people died already in norway by the vaccine, there has already been confirmed side effects such as face paralyzation - and well, if you think bill gates (the worlds vaccine tsar) and other multi-billionaires are good people then thats on your part being naive. they have been corrupted by money since decades ago, and doesnt have our best interest at heart. Bill gates did something called "event 201" that theorized exactly what covid-19 came to be, just months before.

There is also something called "agenda 21" that wants to put a "smart grid" on the earth. These arent conspiracy theories. Ofc 5g implementation has nothing to do with agenda 21 and smart grids :rolleyes:

you really dont have to be insane or some sort of loony to believe in conspiracy theories anymore, so many have come true over the years.

say Project Mockingbird or MK-Ultra. There has been atrocities made by those in power.

Also lets not forget something called "the great reset" that for example Canada is pushing heavily for. Canada was also instrumental in MK-Ultra and did some nasty awful experiments on people. Search "psychic driving" and be prepared to vomit.. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_driving

its not by chance Canada has one of the worst lockdown measures in the world right now. 

again just playing devils advocate, i am by no means a conspiracy theorist :rolleyes:

btw, lunacy theories like "QANON", "anti-vaxx", "5g causes corona" are meant to make the legitimate theorists seem like loonies. controlled opposition. still just playing advocate though ^^ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, astralprojection said:

playing devils advocate.

if someone is of the belief that there is a large conspiracy to do a softkill on the populos, cause massive sterility, and to somehow "tag" the populus using various techniques (rfid, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciferase luciferase) and a bunch of other 'conspiracy theories' such as sars-cov2 is bioengineered at a lab - then there is really not a big stretch to say that the vaccines ARE an evil ploy by the governments.

So THAT is the prerequisite one has to believe in order to consider the rest of the nonsense you mentioned?

Time to step away from the internet.

14 minutes ago, Veracohr said:

So THAT is the prerequisite one has to believe in order to consider the rest of the nonsense you mentioned?

Time to step away from the internet.

You sound a little mad almost, and combative. All right.. 

Sorry but nothing I said was nonsense. It's called facts and history. Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Why don't you tell the victims of psychic driving and mk ultra it is nonsense. 

Why don't you Google event 201. Or agenda 21. Take care. 

4 hours ago, astralprojection said:

luciferase

bioengineered at a lab

23 people died already in norway by the vaccine, there has already been confirmed side effects such as face paralyzation

bill gates "event 201"

There is also something called "agenda 21" that wants to put a "smart grid" on the earth. These arent conspiracy theories. Ofc 5g implementation has nothing to do with agenda 21 and smart grids :rolleyes:

you really dont have to be insane or some sort of loony to believe in conspiracy theories anymore, so many have come true over the years.

say Project Mockingbird or MK-Ultra. There has been atrocities made by those in power.

luciferase has that name because it glows. lucifer is literally the light-bringer.

we know that sars-cov-2 cannot have been bioengineered in a lab. it uses previously unknown sequences for known functions. if it were bioengineered it would use known sequences (among many other reasons).

a vaccination activates the immune system and in that respect is like a small infection. if you are so sick already that you die from the vaccine you'd definitely die from the disease. do you have any source for face paralysis?

bill gates is a rich guy who doesn't know what to do with his money, so he uses it in ways perceived to be for the common good to polish up his image. he has warned about future pandemics, just have many others over the years. and they were right.

agenda 21 is real but is a non-binding UN agreement on sustainable development and use of ressources. i have no idea what that has to do with anything.

sure, mk-ultra was real. but it never was a conspiracy theory ;)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, astralprojection said:

'conspiracy theories' such as sars-cov2 is bioengineered at a lab

I have to admit, I thought about this one a lot. The trigger why I entered that train of thought was not the conspiracy theory per se, which I had not heard at that time yet, but a personal experience: as I laid there sick in March 2020, I listened to an Anthony Rother track on my playlist that contains this line "... the funny way: I'm human made" (the track is conveniently called "Human Made") - and it just triggered something in me ... my thoughts were: wouldn't this really be indeed " a funny way" if I lied here in bed with something in me tryin' to kill me that was human made...? And that line "you got no world, because of me..." - wasn't that true too? Creepy, isnt' it? Well, it sure was. Damn...

Before you shrug it off as a complete oddity, I'd also like to tell you that I had very strange nightmares in my sleep (in the little what I could find); most of these were taking place in China in one form or another. Either it were chinese people chasing me or it took place in a chinese hospital, where I was lying on a bed and I still remember these huge metal doors from the ward ... and these yellow trash bags that were piling up in corridors ... really strange stuff it was to me - well, some time later I get the result that I'm infected with a virus that originally came from China ... I'm just asking, could it be that this thing somehow carried an energetic signature from China inside and my body cells recognized that signature and, since I already have been to China more than once, "decoded" its origin location, thus playing to my mind these chinese nightmares? Oddly enough, these chinese nightmares I never had before ... they only started with my Covid infection!

But while that last sentence is indeed true (and I indeed find it a little strange), it could also have been that the YouTube was on the whole time, autoplaying Covid news from China (which vere VERY much trending at that time) and I was just laying there in bed in half-sleep not realizing it and thus these images found their ways into my dreams...?

I have a dilemma with these creepy stories ... on the one hand, I am passionate about telling them and find it interesting to find explanations why this and that occured - explanations that make sense to me - but on the other hand I shit my pants thinking about them.
Maybe conspiracy theorists probably just spin this train of thought further that I don't dare to.
Is it healthy? No, can't be.
But on the other hand their existence may be a good sign - it signals, that the fundamental pillars of freedom in our society still work. You can be a total nutter and it's OK! (As long as you don't harrass anybody.)
What worries me to an extent is, that this nuttery is often attacked these days, not tolerated. THAT is what we should be afraid of. Because of course, first it may be these conspiracists which you actually don't like yourself and you'll be happy when they're gone, but what then? It will get closer - until it's at YOUR doorstep! Yes, you! You freak, listening to Psytrance ... that's not acceptable!...

Get me? :)

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 11:17 PM, RTP said:

But on the other hand their existence may be a good sign - it signals, that the fundamental pillars of freedom in our society still work. You can be a total nutter and it's OK! (As long as you don't harrass anybody.)
What worries me to an extent is, that this nuttery is often attacked these days, not tolerated. THAT is what we should be afraid of. Because of course, first it may be these conspiracists which you actually don't like yourself and you'll be happy when they're gone, but what then? It will get closer - until it's at YOUR doorstep! Yes, you! You freak, listening to Psytrance ... that's not acceptable!...

if your nuttery just affects youself, you're completely fine to do whatever you want, but if your nuttery puts other people in danger and kills some of them i do draw a line there. your freedom ends where it infringes on other people's freedoms. that's also why i have absolutely no problem advocating for strict lockdowns and selective repoening for vaccinated people as an anarchist. it may seem strange and unintuitive to us at first but the draconian ways in which the crisis is handled in some parts of asia is actually the more liberal policy.

note that i'm not saying that china is acting like it does because it cares about people's rights. it doesn't (and also other countries have handled it better than china). but china's focus on keeping the economy running in the mid to long term has the side effect of keeping people in lockdown for shorter periods as well as giving more people the opportunity to not be infected against their will.

On 1/20/2021 at 1:18 AM, Padmapani said:

if your nuttery just affects youself, you're completely fine to do whatever you want, but if your nuttery puts other people in danger and kills some of them i do draw a line there. your freedom ends where it infringes on other people's freedoms. that's also why i have absolutely no problem advocating for strict lockdowns and selective repoening for vaccinated people as an anarchist. it may seem strange and unintuitive to us at first but the draconian ways in which the crisis is handled in some parts of asia is actually the more liberal policy.

That's actually right! I'm not OK with it either when it comes to endangering others. The protesters that go demonstrating in masses without masks and the who people actively break the rules - all of them worry me a lot :(
I had this Covid shit already and I'm quite anxious to get it again, I really _really_ don't need that - also for the well being of my family and all people dear to me.

I just hope that we all will never lose the ability to talk about things and also accept different opinions and treat each other with respect. I feel this behaviour kind of waning in the last months and even years already, but it has definitely accelerated...

And it's difficult for me though to experience this feeling of "being torn", to actually stand on what I would percieve as "the other side"/"the side of law and order" ... I used to describe myself as NOT the one that goes with the masses and these "systems" - now I do?
I was the one to say to my friends that they should slap me if I ever said to run with the pack. Yet now I do?

The reason why I am scared by it is NOT the current situation. It rather is a fear, that if one of the things that I thought to be fundamental is waning (which is happening right here), then what reason is there for me to believe that the rest of them is not gonna wane?...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RTP said:

That's actually right! I'm not OK with it either when it comes to endangering others. The protesters that go demonstrating in masses without masks and the who people actively break the rules - all of them worry me a lot :(
I had this Covid shit already and I'm quite anxious to get it again, I really _really_ don't need that - also for the well being of my family and all people dear to me.

I just hope that we all will never lose the ability to talk about things and also accept different opinions and treat each other with respect. I feel this behaviour kind of waning in the last months and even years already, but it has definitely accelerated...

And it's difficult for me though to experience this feeling of "being torn", to actually stand on what I would percieve as "the other side"/"the side of law and order" ... I used to describe myself as NOT the one that goes with the masses and these "systems" - now I do?
I was the one to say to my friends that they should slap me if I ever said to run with the pack. Yet now I do?

The reason why I am scared by it is NOT the current situation. It rather is a fear, that if one of the things that I thought to be fundamental is waning (which is happening right here), then what reason is there for me to believe that the rest of them is not gonna wane?...

i've had that feeling some time ago, but now i see it very differently. the divison is more between the people who are able to use their brain and those who don't. and believe me (i work in a pharmacy and talk to about hundred people every day), those who don't are the great majority. if you're advocating for sensible policies you're not running with the pack (in fact when i spoke out for another lockdown in autumn one week before the lockdown actually came, i was confronted with a lot of hate from many directions).
in our situation we have a government that's torn between their own stupidity and desire to appease the people on one side and the advice from experts who know what they're talking about on the other side. so we have policies where the right things are eventually done, but too late and too half-heartedly.

to do the right thing yourself is not about law and order. i have isolated even when there were little restrictions and do meet people when it is forbidding during lockdown as long as everyone is tested. do what makes sense and not what the law tells you.
but i must admit that breaking the law in such a way feels more familiar and "right" than following the law when it actually makes sense ;)

what was really a bit shocking to me is how >90% of the people do not think about the consequences and just do whatever is allowed, even if its pointless (wearing chin-shields in autumn, that don't do anything to protect people but satisfy the law). still the majority is advocating for an end to lockdowns for various reasons (ranging from "oh the economy", "they just want to control us", "i don't believe there's any virus", "i want to do whatever i want", ...). a year ago i wouldn't have thought that the only way to get people to do something that should be clear to everyone is to make it mandatory by law.

while we have people at work who openly admit having a very limited mind ("why do you think about such things? i am happy if i know what i'll have for supper today"), even the majority of the seemingly intelligent and educated colleages try to subvert the meaning of the policies by implementing measures that satifsfy the law but are not suitable for curbing the spread of the disease (let's do some half-hearted testing with the cheapest test kit every now and then, so that everyone can wear their dirty mouth rag instead of masks that acutally work (ofc this is not an exact quote)).

it's really baffling how people cannot seem to think further than at most the next week. how could anyone be advocating for an end to lockdowns but at the same time refuse both wearing a proper mask and getting vaccinated? all that while they have family and friends in high-risk groups. as long as you're not doing anything to end the pandemic, you cannot expect the pandemic to end any time soon.

sorry for the rant, but the longer this whole thing drags on, the more i am convinced that we're living in a world of imbeciles.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 3:04 AM, Padmapani said:

sorry for the rant, but the longer this whole thing drags on, the more i am convinced that we're living in a world of imbeciles.

Don't worry, it was good to read - and it also comforted me a little, that I'm not alone in this mess :D

I think you are right - I also do feel that people in society tend to become more stupid - where "stupid" means not having a low IQ (well, it is a factor, but not the only one because that would be a discrimination for people with low IQ :) ), but rather having the illusion that you know things better than you actually do ... a lack of reflexion ... this, together with the rise of "persecution / hate towards people who think differently" (which has its roots in the same corner imo - because people with other opinions rather should make you reflect) is one of the two main worrying trends :(

I think we have a crisis on three sides here ... "the triangle of evil":

- Health crisis ... such as people getting sick real bad on Covid-19
- Economic crisis ... such as businesses closing, money printing ... where should this all go?
- A crisis of the personal side of society ... such as people getting more stupid, more full of hate, more caught in their filter bubbles...

It's not gonna end well if we are not careful

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 3:04 AM, Padmapani said:

(let's do some half-hearted testing with the cheapest test kit every now and then...)

Side question:

I want to get some Covid Antigen Rapid Test Kits (and yes I know how to use them and how the sample taking needs to feel - had two of the mass tests already and have got a training with a real one too) ... any recommendation which are good ones?

Paying 25 EUR in the pharmacy every week (or so) is only an option if I need something official...

On 1/24/2021 at 7:32 PM, RTP said:

Side question:

I want to get some Covid Antigen Rapid Test Kits (and yes I know how to use them and how the sample taking needs to feel - had two of the mass tests already and have got a training with a real one too) ... any recommendation which are good ones?

Paying 25 EUR in the pharmacy every week (or so) is only an option if I need something official...

personally, i use the test kit from abbott (covid-19 ag rapid test device). you can get it online for less than 10€ per test (but it's a kit with 25 tests). it's a little more accurate, cheaper and more practical than the others.
(probennahme is eigentlich recht einfach. sobalds geht (ca. nach 0.5 bis 1cm) das staberl nach hinten/unten drehen und richtung ohrlapperl fahren bis man ansteht. am besten den kopf nur ganz leicht nach hinten. falls man den kopf zu wenig nach hinten legt kommt man nicht gut hinein, falls man ihn zu weit nach hinten legt fahrt man den hals runter statt anzustehen, was auch keine tragik ist aber würgereiz auslösen kann. im zweifelsfall sollte man eher weiter unten bei der nase entlangschrammen (niesreiz möglich) statt irgendwo weiter oben herumzustochern. wichtig is noch: wenn man an der richtigen stelle ist ein paar sekunden drinnenlassen und drehen)

if you're looking for something cheaper (i.e. fewer tests per unit sold), you can also use the joysbio antigen rapid test kit. that one uses a swab from the anterior part of the nose. according to the manufacturer it's almost as sensitive as the other kind of test (though i'm a little sceptical about that. there's a paper out there that says that taking the swab from the anterior part of the nose are 50% less sensitive, putting it at something like 92% sensitivity instead of 97%) and it's officially allowed to take the test yourself. we sell those for 9€ per test. you can probably also get it cheaper online, but then you'd again have to take the whole kit (20 tests) instead of single tests.

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2021 at 2:55 AM, Padmapani said:

personally, i use the test kit from abbott (covid-19 ag rapid test device). you can get it online for less than 10€ per test (but it's a kit with 25 tests). it's a little more accurate, cheaper and more practical than the others.
(probennahme is eigentlich recht einfach. sobalds geht (ca. nach 0.5 bis 1cm) das staberl nach hinten/unten drehen und richtung ohrlapperl fahren bis man ansteht. am besten den kopf nur ganz leicht nach hinten. falls man den kopf zu wenig nach hinten legt kommt man nicht gut hinein, falls man ihn zu weit nach hinten legt fahrt man den hals runter statt anzustehen, was auch keine tragik ist aber würgereiz auslösen kann. im zweifelsfall sollte man eher weiter unten bei der nase entlangschrammen (niesreiz möglich) statt irgendwo weiter oben herumzustochern. wichtig is noch: wenn man an der richtigen stelle ist ein paar sekunden drinnenlassen und drehen)

if you're looking for something cheaper (i.e. fewer tests per unit sold), you can also use the joysbio antigen rapid test kit. that one uses a swab from the anterior part of the nose. according to the manufacturer it's almost as sensitive as the other kind of test (though i'm a little sceptical about that. there's a paper out there that says that taking the swab from the anterior part of the nose are 50% less sensitive, putting it at something like 92% sensitivity instead of 97%) and it's officially allowed to take the test yourself. we sell those for 9€ per test. you can probably also get it cheaper online, but then you'd again have to take the whole kit (20 tests) instead of single tests.

I have the one named "Novel Realy Tech", it's also a Covid-19 Antigen test - it got a bit talked down (unjustified imo) because there is a ban for this product in Germany - but that's not because the kit doesn't work (it does), but to put people off from buying it because some vendors weren't handling it appropriately. My pack was completely sealed and it all seems fine. But for my next one I'll look towards your recommendations.

It is said, that these tests also work when you get the sample just from the back of the throat (really way back) - which is what I do, because my nose is very sensitive. Would you say that too?

3 hours ago, RTP said:

I have the one named "Novel Realy Tech", it's also a Covid-19 Antigen test - it got a bit talked down (unjustified imo) because there is a ban for this product in Germany - but that's not because the kit doesn't work (it does), but to put people off from buying it because some vendors weren't handling it appropriately. My pack was completely sealed and it all seems fine. But for my next one I'll look towards your recommendations.

It is said, that these tests also work when you get the sample just from the back of the throat (really way back) - which is what I do, because my nose is very sensitive. Would you say that too?

sampling from the back of the throat or the anterior part of the nose detects ca. 90-95% of positive cases compared to ca. 95-97% when taking the sample from the nasopharynx.

i really hate taking samples in the throat (and most of the time refuse to do it) because most people just can't put their tounges out of the way. also, you'll inevitably get "brechreiz" (what's the english word for that?) if you scrub and turn the sampling brush around there for the required 5 or so seconds.

21 hours ago, Padmapani said:

"brechreiz"

"gag reflex" I'd say ... and yes, I do get that - but it's still way better than taking the sample from the nose ... so it's good to hear I'll still be fairly accurate with it - won't do it after eating or drinking anyway, best time is right in the morning before I brush teeth :P

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 7:00 PM, Padmapani said:

luciferase has that name because it glows. lucifer is literally the light-bringer.

we know that sars-cov-2 cannot have been bioengineered in a lab. it uses previously unknown sequences for known functions. if it were bioengineered it would use known sequences (among many other reasons).

a vaccination activates the immune system and in that respect is like a small infection. if you are so sick already that you die from the vaccine you'd definitely die from the disease. do you have any source for face paralysis?

bill gates is a rich guy who doesn't know what to do with his money, so he uses it in ways perceived to be for the common good to polish up his image. he has warned about future pandemics, just have many others over the years. and they were right.

agenda 21 is real but is a non-binding UN agreement on sustainable development and use of ressources. i have no idea what that has to do with anything.

sure, mk-ultra was real. but it never was a conspiracy theory ;)

luciferase- yeah i know. nothing strange about that. i concede on that one. its just a curious name. but regardless of the name - it can be used as a tracking agent - thus i included it.

vaccinations does trigger the immune system to produce antibodies. that much i know. but this vaccine was very hastily produced- and we have had the common cold for ages, yet no vaccine. and you mean to tell me they made vaccines up to 95% effiacacy - from different countries -  within 1 year? you must excuse my conspiracy sense throbbing. that and that these companies are making billions - yet small business are forced to shut down and fighting for a 2000 dollar check (USA). its definitely not set up for the average citizen - its set up to fuck us over.

bill gates is rich and he isnt a nice guy. he had countless anti-trust lawsuits back in the day. he lost in court several times. you mean to tell me he is looking out for our best?

agenda 21 is not only real, its being pursued, and being put into action. 

mk-ultra was real indeed, some people like to put it into the conspiracy slot. i wager its not meant to be there, its meant to be put into the history books, yet you dont find it there.

they made us, the populos, their guineapig - what makes  you think they stopped?

why do you think we are no longer their test subjects?

do you consider Epstein and Maxwell being part of some sort of conspiracy and not legitimate pedofiles, that hunt and kill kids? is it so bad to be a conspiracy theorist in these times?

do you find us dumb and not able to use our brains such as you have mentioned?

i find that slightly disrespectful.

matter of fact, i think you are the ones not using their brains. you are the ones asleep, not seing the world for it wickedness, you chosing to see the world better than what it is. you are choosing to disregard all these atrocities to make your reality feel more cozy. 

you are the ones being stupid, you are the ones not using your brain.

edit: i didnt really mean that, it was a bit harsh. i guess i just took "people not using the brains" more personal than i should. :)  its all good and i apologize for being a bit upset earlier. i shouldnt have taken it so personal. pz!