Quaratine?

the goa constrictor

2 hours ago, astralprojection said:

anyone else hearing all those crazy things about the virus how it can kill health adults, no risk factors, massive organ failure and cytokine storms?

or am i reading too much reddit lately :unsure:

god i hope thats just conspiracy theories.

Of course, that’s why we’re going to such extreme measures to slow the spread. We have no pre-existing immunity. I imagine there’s an element of chance to one’s ability to fight it, that’s natural selection/evolution right in front of our eyes. Risk factors surely aren’t the only factors.

I just read a story from a guy who has it, and while it was written in a way to make you laugh, it sounded horrible. He said he hadn’t been that sick since he had meningitis.

They've been cancelling most events here. My birthday is on the 31st and on the 4th there was supposed to be a psy party I was going to attend with close friends. Guess I'll cancel my own birthday lol.

Over here people barely reacted to this spread until goverment stepped in and even then you could see tens of people attending bars even on weekdays. Nobody taking it seriously until the infected count started to rise.

Shits weird though. Never had anything like this before. Remember ebola? Thing was on news everywhere and that only killed 11 000. Crazy times we live in.

3 hours ago, Penzoline said:

They've been cancelling most events here. My birthday is on the 31st and on the 4th there was supposed to be a psy party I was going to attend with close friends. Guess I'll cancel my own birthday lol.

Yeah well I've had tell my 7 year old, (after telling home no holiday overseas, then no holiday  even within our state) that he isn't getting a birthday party this year either.

He has taken as well as he can, but I fell so sorry for him. Anyway, managed to get to the shops before they shut down to get him some of his long term dream gift (2 big LEGO sets, a cheap but ok digital camera & a bike with gears).

now my brother who's a doctor here in Australia in ICU has come down with the virus & has been advised he's heading toward complete lung failure and death a big possibility. He has 4 kids & wife.

I'm still seeing teenage c#nts hanging out in groups & even adults at parks not distancing properly. 

Just stay at home!!!

6 hours ago, astralprojection said:

italy is going overboard with deaths coming from healthy adults. seems like every other patient they get to the ER cant breathe.. im starting to get slightly scared :o 

Well, we have a grand total of 82 people hospitalised and 22 in intensive care in the whole country. Even at that point the recommendation is "don't come if you can still breathe, just stay home and try to recover by yourself".

So, not very surprising that people who come to ER cannot breathe. There's quite a bit of selection bias there.

However, things are definitely going titsup in Italy. That I won't deny.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:01 PM, Padmapani said:

the next financial crises is probably just around the corner. i've heard that aribnb is of course not doing well and that people are selling flats and houses like crazy.
ott says: "everything is acceptable as long as house prices don't crash" ;)

maybe this'll give us an opportunity to follow x-dream's words and create our own society,  create our own happiness. ;) 

Yes it is - in fact it's not just around the corner, it's rather already at our door. Our workers and me have been asked to take holiday "to relieve stress from our company" ... and we are looking forward to short working hours ("Kurzarbeit" in german) ... which means 20% less money. Some of us are getting into trouble...

I was one of the first who said, to my friends, that this might be THE opportunity for us young to middle-aged people to also make a contribution to this world ... they just laughed at me. But I firmly believe in it. Who knows what comes? Just three weeks ago you'd probably  have labelled me crazy if I was telling you we'd get a lockdown ... I didn't predict one, but just wanna say, things can change big time nowadays...

On 3/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, acid-brain said:

Having lived in China for a while myself, I'm not sure I'd want to for a longer period. The strong response to the virus comes at the cost of a very authoritarian government and the near-total obedience of the population towards it. The liberties of the West are very important, despite not preparing us well to deal with events like this. There's a reason why most Chinese with money or connections have been emigrating to the USA, Canada or Australia for decades now...

Yes, three times yes ... the government is super authoritan and they go to extraordinary measures to make people obey, even killing them ... it's tragic, really, but a death doesn't mean so much there, they've got enough people ... sorry, don't wanna sound so cold, but in the end, it comes down to this. And because nobody wants to get killed, you have loads of frantic followers willing to execute every order ... the "red banded" they call them.
Oddly enough, in this crisis, it's exactly what is needed! A big people's force that supports police and community workers - plus a draconic punishment of people who do not respect the curfews issued by the government. We here in Europe do not have this, we value our freedom higher - and we will pay the cost in lives. Tragic! Tragic in both ways, because governments like the Chinese will also be "on the rise" after the crisis when we will still be down, licking our wounds. Europe is doomed, in my opinion...

20 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

now my brother who's a doctor here in Australia in ICU has come down with the virus & has been advised he's heading toward complete lung failure and death a big possibility. He has 4 kids & wife.

I'm still seeing teenage c#nts hanging out in groups & even adults at parks not distancing properly. 

Just stay at home!!!

That is shocking news :( ... all the best to your poor brother. I hope he makes it.

9 hours ago, astralprojection said:

italy is going overboard with deaths coming from healthy adults. seems like every other patient they get to the ER cant breathe.. im starting to get slightly scared :o 

Concerning this and "conspiracy theories" ... well, I wouldn't have expected them to lock down practically all of Europe because of "just something a bit worse than the flu" ... there is some danger! It's especially dangerous for old people and for people with pre-existing illnesses ... but it can surely also be dangerous for healthy people aswell. Isn't there a 38 year old that needed to go into intensive care aswell? Or even younger ones. Youth won't make you immune. And every human is different! People don't get it...

But I think much of this also comes from the "I'm sick and I still go to work /look how tough I am" mentality ... if I have a normal flu and I "try to overplay it" (which is a stupid move), I won't stand a chance, I'll be at work bleak as a corpse and sweating like that iranian health minister ... so I would probably not even be able to do that with Covid-19 ... but yet there are people who can overplay a flu and will probably also try it with Covid-19 ... and this is when their bodies just collapse ... I imagine! Just stay safe and stay in bed when you don't feel well, that should reduce the risk.

Oh and take your vitamins and minerals to be able to hold up a good immune reaction.

Another day, another day exponentially worse than the other. How is everyone coping? Hopefully most will stay strong, but I worry those with underlying issues such as manic depressive d, or a myriad of other diagnoses could suffer greatly from this not to mention the schizophrenics. I worry suicide rates may go up very soon and not quite sure how to cope with it all. How's everyone else doing? :) any sanity survival tips? 

4 hours ago, astralprojection said:

How's everyone else doing? :) any sanity survival tips? 

to be honest, now that it's weekend i don't notice much difference from the lockdown. the only thing is that there are more people at home making noise (screaming kids, vacuum, ..) when i'm trying to mix my track.

tips? psytrance instead of reading newsfeeds for hours. by now it's mostly boring stuff anyway (rich people complaining about getting less money, sports evens taking place later than usual, rich sports people demanding money, politicians saying that what they're doing is the best) instead of news that really matter.

over here the new numbers are looking good, but only because it's weekend and like every weekend they're just doing a lot fewer tests than normal…

Ha - I have now the same problem ... neighbours rummaging around the whole day ... today they drilled and hammered ... what the f...

I am now blasting some Corona Crash news feeds against the music noise from the neighbours :P
It is, however, economy news and that interests me a lot!

You need to try stay safe and sane, read some books maybe if possible (you can also read even though there's neighbour noise by putting some ASMR on your headphones - there's everything from airplane noise up to medieval towns...) ... and don't take drugs...

Drugs are bad mmmkay ... in the future "drug problems" can get even worse because of supply chain problems ... stop smoking (Covid + smoking = baaad combo anyways) ... stop drinking ... in fact, if you do take drugs, maybe try doing a detox now -- it can be almost impossible later on - and a cold turkey in the crisis is super bad...

anyone else hearing all those crazy things about the virus how it can kill health adults, no risk factors, massive organ failure and cytokine storms?

or am i reading too much reddit lately 

god i hope thats just conspiracy theories.

oh yeah, I've read.

Dr. Fauci was on The Daily Show the other day and talked about it. While it is more rare and not something common enough to be overly paranoid about; there are cases of it and it is a possibility. They are also not entirely sure about immunization and if a person can get it twice or if mutates enough to have multiple infections; they are highly confident immunization is likely.

I definitely thought it was a strong interview and recommend viewing:

https://news.avclub.com/trevor-noah-gets-13-minutes-with-the-one-guy-you-want-t-1842521786?fbclid=IwAR1IuWSZ1nfexDv5kjVmE5zvtXdS08oZdNczAmbtdzbI2vDyenTKKoZ0TtE

If people have issues due to region stuff, let me know. I can upload the full episode to my server and you can download the mkv file if needed =)

14 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

They are also not entirely sure about immunization and if a person can get it twice or if mutates enough to have multiple infections; they are highly confident immunization is likely.

if you've recovered from the infection you are immune to that virus. without immunity you wouldn't be able to recover at all. the thing about people testing positive after negative tests is most likely due to the swabs or labwork of the negative test not being done correctly. there's plenty of error here.

up until now we're only seeing one "strain" (i'm sure there's a more correct term here but i can't think of one now) of virus, so even though it mutates enough for us to be able to trance the patterns of spread, once you've had one infection you cannot be infected again as of now. the danger of course is that we'll see mutations over the next year that will allow a slightly altered virus to reinfect those who have had it this time. this chance of course rises as it spreads more. but the good news is that it seems to be mutating less than the other coronaviruses we know that cause seasonal flu-like illness. so we do have a good chance of this not developing into a yearly occurrance.

yeah. right. but the scientists and doctors are being cautious with their language because they don't know for sure what the mutation could end up being like. They are cautiously optimistic but are not wanting to speak in absolutes because it's premature at this point.

1 hour ago, the goa constrictor said:

scientists and doctors are being cautious with their language

That's the norm with science. The knowledge is based upon current observations and more data could always change it. Only religion and politicians claim to know the "truth". The chances for mutations (in a meaningful manner) are very low. The specific virus has only one "fragment" of RNA to replicate, meaning that any mutation are statistically more probable to have a negative effect (on the virus) and make it less viable. 

While humanity is hiding in their homes planet earth is having a party. The truth is we are TOO many and no one will miss us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

That's the norm with science. The knowledge is based upon current observations and more data could always change it. Only religion and politicians claim to know the "truth". The chances for mutations (in a meaningful manner) are very low. The specific virus has only one "fragment" of RNA to replicate, meaning that any mutation are statistically more probable to have a negative effect (on the virus) and make it less viable. 

sure, nearly any mutation will make it less viable. but every infected cell produces thousands of new virions. there are multiple coronoaviruses out there that are responsible for a portion of our seasonal colds. infection with neither of which produces lifelong immunity due to mutation of the virus before reinfection. of course it's not mix-and-match as with the influenza genome but we cannot be sure that it will not stick around at this point.

Well the full lock down my end  is sorted. Just had a Sequential Pro 3, Prophet 6 & Erica Synths Tech System delivered.

Kids got a a trampoline installed in the back yard this morning & a Nintendo Switch. 

Spent the weekend cooking and freezing lots of quality food, and set up my wife's gone office properly. 

Actually could not be happier, especially as it was confirmed today that when we had what was a bad cold a two weeks back and self isolated was the virus. Self isolated as in while we have waited for results we have not gone out the front door. 

The wife, kids and I all have had it & are clear. Fingers crossed we're immune now. 

• Like 3

Great, so now you are immune to Covid-19 you can go face the next big thing: the financial crisis that is upon us.

You already cleared the first obstacle: spending your money on sh*t (and actually getting the stuff in your hands - many people neglect that ... amazon's delivery time has skyrocketed up to 1 month) before it's worth nothing anymore :P 

• Thanks 1

I made a few coughs and the whole aisle cleared in the supermarket. Most convenient.

Not forcefully quarantined, like in Paris, say. Have to redesign a course on linear algebra to include a metric butt tonne of electronic materials, so I'm not really going anywhere, anyway. Also, bought an apartment, so some movement is necessary due to formalities. It's not really that different for me, thank god I don't work in catering or my situation might be  a bit..shit.

17 hours ago, RTP said:

Great, so now you are immune to Covid-19 you can go face the next big thing: the financial crisis that is upon us.

You already cleared the first obstacle: spending your money on sh*t (and actually getting the stuff in your hands - many people neglect that ... amazon's delivery time has skyrocketed up to 1 month) before it's worth nothing anymore :P 

We invested heavily in many physical commodities held in a safe box that will hold the value of cash is worthless. 

My wife's parents came from a severely war torn country, she was raised to be ready & invest appropriately in case the economy ever collapses.

all of this stuff was bought with case I've made this year from work, currently a lot of people need their music mastered.  

So I coughed up blood last night ... about a mouth full. Never had this before in my life. I was scared to death and panicked, called the Covid-19 hotline ... there they told me to calm down, coughing blood is no symptom (only 5% of Covid patients cough blood) ... test was denied, reason: I have not travelled to a risk zone (Italy or China or Tyrol) in the last 2 weeks.

I have already been through some pretty bad ass lung problems years ago and never coughed up blood - so I suspect there is definitely something wrong with me here.

I called up my doctor and he told me I am now a suspected case of Covid-19 because of the fact that I am practically feeling a little bit weak in the last weeks and now cough blood, but he says at the same time that he can't come over and do a check up because he has no protective equipment. In fact, not many medical units have the equipment, so I am specifically instructed to call ambulance and refer that I am suspected Covid-19 if my condition worsens ... then the people dressed in white overalls come...

The borderline absurd: Covid-19 test can't be done ... I'd have to pay for it myself. I'd almost be tempted to do so, but I may not leave the house now and can't go to the lab that makes the test...

I have no governmental order to stay in quarantine yet - but I am not leaving the house, risk is way too high. Plus I feel weak too...

Stay safe people ... I felt a bit weak the last weeks but thought it's nothing ... turns out I'm wrong apparently.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

the thing with the tests and risk zones is beyond ridiculous by now.

what lung problems have you had before? any fever now? from what i've read in the scientific literature, it'd be very unusual to go staight from just feeling weak to coughing blood without typical pneumonia symptoms in between. also covid-19 does usually progress to serious illness, if it does at all, in a matter of no more than two weeks. if it's not covid-19 it's probably for the best if they don't collect you now and put you in with covid-19 patients when you're already coughing up blood now.

didn't they say that anyone who gets advised to do a test by a doctor will get one now? or is it just the usual thing of "shorty" lying as soon as he opens his mouth…
what about the drive-in stations they put up in all kinds of places?

anyway, all the best. get well soon and fuck our chaotic, bureaucratic way of managing this crisis.

• Like 1