R-14537442-1581456067-1747.jpeg.jpg

MFG ‎– Pure Energy

Label: Suntrip Records ‎– SUNCD59

1 New Kind Of World Tour Intro
2 Why (Demo Version)
3 Dark Horizon
4 Pure Energy
5 Hypnotized (Original Version)
6 Sanctification Of The Moon (Maya Moon Full Version)
7 New Kind Of World (Live Edit)
8 Inspiration
9 Desert Sun (Original Version)
10 Have A Nice Day (Ambient Mix)

Really good work by MFG. I will write only something to my three favorite tracks.
This are:

Dark Horizon
The track has a high energy fast feeling. The melody @3:05 is amazing and give the track a dreamy emotional touch! Following by a swirling sixteenth part arpeggiator, which storm over the dancefloor... :-)

Pure Energy
The start of the track is more trancey until the break. There came a keychange and the track become more groovey and has something of EBM. I love this part. Later the track become more trancey again. Very varied. I like it. :-)

New Kind Of World (Live Edit)
This track is a more epic atmosphere. I dont like the high kick drum. The sound of the flute works here very well. In generally nice compostion and progression, which flows in a really great break @5:09. Goose bumps and hands in the air! ;-) With the end of the track i have the feeling i was on a journey. Great storytelling. :-) So i think its the best track on the album.

The rest of the album is also good work. The artwork is cool! So I will give 7,5 out of 10 points! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

DcL907z.gif

I mean, I know I'm supposed to like it and I really want it to be a stunning release, but...

Let's be honest unless your have a Trump supporter-esque level of sycophancy this release isn't gonna make it on most people's top ten.  Hell it's not even the best in their own catalog.  It's good, but not Etnica out of retirement good.  Or D5 good.  IMHO it lacks depth, doesn't have the explosive power that a lot of releases today have, and it really seems to be a stripped down version of what they used to do.

Good, but not great.  I definitely expected more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's interesting to compare the demo version of Why to the final version. There is definitely a more industrial style to the demo version. So in that sense, this collection of previously unreleased versions can serve as a good history lesson as well. To hear the progress to the final product we already know. Goa archaeology. :)

To me it's something very exciting about the whole process of bringing old DAT-tapes back to life,  and the subsequent mastering. It's definitely an art form in itself. Which I think DAT Records and Suntrip Records really has pioneered when it comes to goa trance.

It's like some kind of treasure hunt. :D My dream is that Hallucinogen, Astral Projection or Slinky Wizard would have some old forgotten DAT-tapes, that could be released. :wub:

On 4/4/2020 at 3:40 AM, Trance2MoveU said:

DcL907z.gif

I mean, I know I'm supposed to like it and I really want it to be a stunning release, but...

Let's be honest unless your have a Trump supporter-esque level of sycophancy this release isn't gonna make it on most people's top ten.  Hell it's not even the best in their own catalog.  It's good, but not Etnica out of retirement good.  Or D5 good.  IMHO it lacks depth, doesn't have the explosive power that a lot of releases today have, and it really seems to be a stripped down version of what they used to do.

Good, but not great.  I definitely expected more.

Unfortunately, I agree. I understand now why anjuna didn't release this one. The title track "Pure energy" definitely deserved to be released, but the new mixes are abundant and simple. I much rather have Project Genesis remastered than to hear these stripped down versions of classics. I do appreciate Maya Moon and Inspiration getting remastering, but eh, those already sounded good. I don't want to sound too negative, but honestly, some of these tracks just let down. I guess from a historical standpoint it's a nice and for the fans, but as a whole, it just doesn't cut it. Maybe in due time I can appreciate it more, but I guess I was expecting something more full-blown, like brand new tracks.

Pure Energy is really, really sweet though. One of their more interesting tracks with quirky segments and fantastic flow. Wonder why it was never released.