Sign in to follow this  
Psychedelic Superbeast

What are your favorite Ambient/Dark Ambient Albums of all time?

Hello,

Goa and Dark Ambient Music are my absolute favorite styles of electronic music that i will always love. I have times when i stopp hearing Goa Trance for 1-2 weeks and this music it is calling me in my dreams again.

Artifact 303 and other tracks are playing in my head without any reason in strange situation. Goa evolved to the soundtrack of my life i belive. Its every time a bliss to hear Goa after a break...a time out of music.

Anyways, there are a lot of situations in life when Goa does not fit very well. For me Dark Ambient is the perfect counterpart to balance out the soul and calm down from workout or Dancing alone in the Forest to Goa.

I just want to share my top Ambient Albums here for you to try out and ask you to share yours if you are interested in that kind of Music. Sometimes i am not sure if its is music...its something else. And very Powerfull...

Basically all the Stuff of Reason d etre. 

• Like 1

Bartzabel    45

the Generic but I absolute have always loved the entire Mystic Chords & Saxcred Spaces series by Steve Roach, my go to for when life feels to out of control. I sleep to it and wake feeling like I've had an amazing psychi massage.

I find also a lot of the 90's IDM now is quite relaxing and chilled, especially early Autechre just sounds great.

Ormion    435

Orbit Constructions-Androneda (side project of Dark Nebula)

image.png.824915c6204ea9bc5b1af273da98dc64.png

Easily my all time favourite dark ambient album.

Manuser    292
2 hours ago, Ormion said:

Orbit Constructions-Androneda (side project of Dark Nebula)

Easily my all time favourite dark ambient album.

The above recommendation is a bit in the same style if I remember correctly.

Didn't know it was on Youtube:

Edit: Listening now (it's been years).

I remembered track 2 and 3 were the best, and indeed 0:00 to 15:00 is a little boring, but track 2 is a true masterpiece.

Multi-Media    23

Trunksan    87

Synæsthesia

Be careful of the spelling.

Some of the best downtempo I've ever heard yet very little known, although this is a side project of the famous Front Line Assembly 

Multi-Media    23
On 7/31/2020 at 11:54 PM, Trunksan said:

Synæsthesia

Be careful of the spelling.

Some of the best downtempo I've ever heard yet very little known, although this is a side project of the famous Front Line Assembly 

These guys seem to have a dozen sideprojects lol. I remember "Noise Unit" and "Delirium" too.
Latest FLA album was also quite good, however the coverversion from Amadeus was missplaced on the album should be last song plus cheesy lyrics in otherwise cool tracks. 

Just found:

Front Line Assembly is Canadian electro-industrial/EBM band formed by Bill Leeb in 1986. This selection of tracks consist Front Line Assembly and their associated side projects, mostly instrumental. Tracklist: 01.(00:00:00) Front Line Assembly - Synthetic Forms 02.(00:06:40) Front Line Assembly - Silent Ceremony 03.(00:11:20) Equinox - Electronic Dreams 04.(00:19:00) Noise Unit - Elixure 05.(00:24:50) Noise Unit - Biosphere 06.(00:33:00) Intermix - Get Religion 07.(00:43:05) Pro Tech - Thread-Dead 08.(00:50:45) Noise Unit - Protector 09.(00:56:25) Pro Tech - Pheromne 10.(01:04:20) Pro Tech - Recalcitrant 11.(01:10:15) Equinox - Contact 12.(01:16:45) Equinox - Nova Man 13.(01:24:20) Front Line Assembly - Amorphous 14.(01:27:50) Front Line Assembly - Equilibrium 15.(01:33:40) Equinox - Phenomena

Must listen!