New generation Psychedelic Trance thread

Tetrasect

Seems a bit like this forum is kinda stuck in the "good old days" and I see many people wondering if Psytrance is dead so I thought we could have a thread to share some of the fresh  and awesome music that's not Goa or Psytrance or Progressive or Forest or Psygressive or Dark or Hi-tech or whatever came before.

Dunno what the actual genre would be, but I hear people calling it the fully spelled out "Psychedelic Trance" as opposed to Psytrance (ie Astrix etc), or simply "Psychedelic".

Basically bouncy, fast, positive, lot's of crazy twisted psychedelic sounds and sure to cause massive grins on the dance floor and at home.

I was so happy when I first heard this kind of music a few years back... was getting so bored of what Psytrance had become.

This is like a breath of fresh air to me, makes me feel alive again!

Some examples:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, recursion loop said:

I think it's called UK psytrance.

I like the basslines and the sounds they are using and highly respect their production skills but I miss melodies. Can listen to a track or two but it quickly bores me.

Here's one with plenty melody for you :)

9 hours ago, Tetrasect said:

Pretty sure the Twilight subgenre was around mid 2000's, coming out of South Africa...?

I think you are right. Tickets, Brethren and the like. Very different sound

8 hours ago, Tetrasect said:

Here's one with plenty melody for you

Not really plenty, but some :) Nice track tho, really cool section between 7:00- 7:50

Hi there first post, so hellow all, after being reader for long time. I like all type of goa and psy music here. I am not sure I understand the question of op but surely "that's not Goa or Psytrance or Progressive or Forest or Psygressive or Dark or Hi-tech or whatever came before." cover almost all psy music that exist, no?:). The tracks from YT seem like they fall into psy trance to me, or maybe I just did not fully understand the detailed sub genre definitions. I like also melody in the trance then it become more magical than only noise on sample loop.

This is one of my favourite tracks in the genre. It's an older track, back when this style was emerging.

Although I don't like other Rev tracks (his Amusia album is a complete snoozefest) this one is awesome mostly for the playfull bass, especially from 5:14 and onwards. This is why I believe this style would be even better with most interesting basslines.

There's also the most extreme version of UK psytrance that blends with darkpsy/hi-tech and it's IMO vastly more intreresting.

I thought UK psy trance was represented by big stars of the UK like Tristan, Alavone, Space Tribes and other full on ones style. Tetrasects ones sound like nighttime I think it is common to call night music.

Edited by K-Stretch
add extra

On 3/2/2020 at 3:26 PM, Ormion said:

This is one of my favourite tracks in the genre. It's an older track, back when this style was emerging.

Although I don't like other Rev tracks (his Amusia album is a complete snoozefest) this one is awesome mostly for the playfull bass, especially from 5:14 and onwards. This is why I believe this style would be even better with most interesting basslines.

There's also the most extreme version of UK psytrance that blends with darkpsy/hi-tech and it's IMO vastly more intreresting.

Awesome but not really what I am after.... people are saying UK but I think what I'm talking about  is post-UK...  Idk I used to listen to a lot of Southwild and stuff but haven't for a while... maybe the UK evolved their basslines while I wasn't looking? Or maybe I'm tripping...lol (I actually listened to some 2014 Southwild after typing this and that shit is sick)

Anyways review:

The first one you really feel like you are getting sucked into a fractal washing machine by the end. Very sick track... still sounds old school though...a lot of looping to get you there....

Second track is not really my kinda vibe so I can't really comment...

First track is really nice though... 

I'm more talking about this kinda stuff: Basically your body is jamming to some sick melodic bassline which is the center of the track, while your brain is overwhelmed by crazy sounds, trying to make sense of it all...

On my laptop right now with no bass speakers so might not be the best example but I think it should sound pretty sick:

Dunno...to me this sounds so alive and fresh... 

I do agree with the consensus though, maybe if they keyed those noisy sounds into more melodic structures they would change the game... that's what I'm hoping for... Like Altom style leads....

I am really optimistic that we will experience a melodic revolution coming from this sound... Just over the moon that trance has some melody in it again... so sick of hearing monotone bass all night at a party...

On the other hand, who cares about [insert here] when there's stuff like this going around:

Don't get me wrong, I really like this subgenre. I have dozens of albums and comps in this style. I just think though that listening to an entire album is kinda tiresome since IMO there's little variation.

Anyway here are two fantastic tracks (although the Full Face one is closer to darkpsy)

I agree with your point. I love goa, but seems people here only talk about goa. theres so much more to talk
I am new around here and thats something i noticed. Not much talk about Forest, the 20 years of Parvati, Fullon, Night, Suomi, Australian Psy, different festivals, etc..

On 3/5/2020 at 1:49 PM, Tetrasect said:

Awesome but not really what I am after.... people are saying UK but I think what I'm talking about  is post-UK...  Idk I used to listen to a lot of Southwild and stuff but haven't for a while... maybe the UK evolved their basslines while I wasn't looking? Or maybe I'm tripping...lol (I actually listened to some 2014 Southwild after typing this and that shit is sick)

Anyways review:

The first one you really feel like you are getting sucked into a fractal washing machine by the end. Very sick track... still sounds old school though...a lot of looping to get you there....

Second track is not really my kinda vibe so I can't really comment...

First track is really nice though... 

I'm more talking about this kinda stuff: Basically your body is jamming to some sick melodic bassline which is the center of the track, while your brain is overwhelmed by crazy sounds, trying to make sense of it all...

On my laptop right now with no bass speakers so might not be the best example but I think it should sound pretty sick:

Dunno...to me this sounds so alive and fresh... 

I do agree with the consensus though, maybe if they keyed those noisy sounds into more melodic structures they would change the game... that's what I'm hoping for... Like Altom style leads....

I am really optimistic that we will experience a melodic revolution coming from this sound... Just over the moon that trance has some melody in it again... so sick of hearing monotone bass all night at a party...

On the other hand, who cares about [insert here] when there's stuff like this going around:

If you like this stuff check out Samaa Records which is a similar style. I follow this as well as Forestdelic. Also Tengri & Nobot on Parvati Records have really taken that style to much newer quality levels as well. 

https://samaarecords.com