Upcomming, Preorder or Available Goa, Psytrance, Psybient Vinyl Releases

On 2/8/2021 at 2:04 PM, psyhoe said:

Shpongle Remixed by Cosmic Trigger comming On Vinyl

signal-2021-02-08-135402.jpg

A couple of sad updates on his instagram;
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJFLs4OpROu/

"cosmictriggeruk

I know, there have been a number of complications which have been incredibly frustrating, there was an error with the first pressing, I’m not the one that deals with the pressing plant or factory but I’ve been assured the new ones will arrive this week. I’ve been waiting along with everyone else for months, it’s been an incredible test of patience! Fingers crossed! " 5weeks ago.

I know how long time things can take in this industry, but a test press in december and still no news is not good. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Pre-order this Friday Oct. 1 for Óperentzia's new album Biohack at NebulosaRecords.com and Bandcamp

From the site:

Available as limited edition of 101 copies, hand numbered marbled Transparent Green/Black and 202 copies Black. 303 total pressed.

Heavyweight 180g vinyl.

Pre-order! Preliminary shipping Dec 2021.

Includes bandcamp digital album download 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice artwork! I’m checking the bandcamp and the artwork for Entheogenic – Animism is also amazing. And the ambient/downtempo music is also really nice. Who made the artwork for that one? It doesn’t say on discogs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

Nice artwork! I’m checking the bandcamp and the artwork for Entheogenic – Animism is also amazing. And the ambient/downtempo music is also really nice. Who made the artwork for that one? It doesn’t say on discogs.

I'm not sure who did the art for Animism (I have the purple marbled edition and it looks and sounds fantastic BTW). The artist for the new Óperentzia album is apparently named Leszek Kostuj.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

Hakan Hisim does all Entheogenic albums, more or less.

https://www.hakanhisim.net

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Poster_Nutsack said:

I'm not sure who did the art for Animism (I have the purple marbled edition and it looks and sounds fantastic BTW). The artist for the new Óperentzia album is apparently named Leszek Kostuj.

Yeah, Leszek Kostuj has made earlier Óperentzia album art too. He's amazing.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 8:12 AM, Widar said:

Shpongle / Cosmic trigger remix vinyls friday drop it looks like.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUXaAQWo49j/?utm_medium=copy_link

Then it's up to you if you like them or not, i have a hard time with them... Not sure about buying. And i own all but the previous remixed Shpongle vinyl...

It did, a few hours ago... https://shponglemusic.bandcamp.com/album/shpongle-remixed-by-cosmic-trigger

Not sure either. Nice picks for tracks to remix, but IMO the problem is that the originals were so smoothly flowing and iconic to begin with that turning them into a jumble of glitch-dubstep-whatever-mashing doesn't really add much value. I find myself listening to the original parts, which are still in there, but currently I feel that I'd prefer them in their original context anyway.

In some places the production and mastering are impressive sound-wise. The price itself isn't that bad either for a 2xLP, compared to the earlier ultra-special editions of classic albums. However, with shipping it would be over 41€ and because Bandcamp's tax and IOSS status is still annoyingly unclear, I might be hit by 12-ish euros of customs and fees, pushing the grand total to 54€ or so. That's already steep for an album I'd be unlikely to play much, either physically or digitally. Worth it for sheer collecting or just in case if I happened to learn to like it more later? Not sure indeed.

Well, no ticking red counters there at the time of writing...

• Like 1

I agree , the "problem" is that they stray too far away from the originals i think. With that said, I gave it another couple of listens and in the end, bought it. FOMO on a Shpongle remix vinyl hit hard :)

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...