Upcomming, Preorder or Available Goa, Psytrance, Psybient Vinyl Releases

On 6/2/2023 at 5:39 AM, _rado said:

"All six sets are limited to 400 copies each - Available on the Shpongle Bandcamp page 10am Pacific, 1PM Eastern, and 6pm UK TIME, FRIDAY 2nd JUNE 2023."

Screenshot_20230602_053607_Email.jpg

Received my copies yesterday - damn they're good looking! Beautifully made color variants. Haven't given them a spin yet tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Yahel - Waves Of Sound (Deluxe Edition Vinyl)

It's not cheap because it's $65 plus shipping.

https://amplifyd.com/hommega-productions/merchandise/yahel-waves-of-sound-deluxe-edition-vinyl/ead909ef-ee8b-479c-bf6c-4138552f821b

"HOMmega is proud to present the long-awaited LP vinyl release of Yahel's groundbreaking album 'Waves of Sound' from 2000. This exclusive double-vinyl edition is limited to just 250 hand-numbered copies. The album features 12 tracks, including the original 10 tracks remastered by Space Cat, along with 2 bonus tracks - the never-before-released full version of 'D.N.A' (Deep Mix) and 'Intelligent Life' (Video Mix).

Following the success of his debut album 'For The People', Yahel unleashed this exceptional creation, an innovative symphony of Goa and Progressive trance. It includes unforgettable hits like 'Intelligent Life,' 'Waves of Sound,' 'D.N.A,' and more. Yahel's remarkable ability to craft morning tunes that are uplifting and intelligent at the same time solidified his position as a global phenomenon and as the golden boy of trance.

This album release marks the beginning of HOMmega's 25th-anniversary series but also stands as an essential addition for those who love these psytrance milestone albums. Make sure you don't miss out on this must-have release and stay tuned for the upcoming albums in the series.

This product is now on pre-order and will be shipped once the production process is done. Est. delivery time: 90 - 180 days

Shipping prices:
- Israel: $15
- Europe & North America: $17
- South America & Asia: $26
- Rest of the world: $36

*Limited Edition - 250 hand-numbered copies only

*Remastered - 12 tracks in total, pressed on a double LP Vinyl

*Bonuses included - the never released full version of D.N.A (Deep Mix)

*Digital download included (14 tracks) - link provided upon pre-order"5e84305d-2c30-4a9d-80d5-7a31a587d836.thumb.jpg.be30b5594b689fe0274705cd05995098.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/23/2023 at 7:57 AM, _rado said:

https://amplifyd.com/hommega-productions/merchandise/yahel-waves-of-sound-deluxe-edition-vinyl/ead909ef-ee8b-479c-bf6c-4138552f821b

cool release but the prices are getting bonkers. with shipping and custom fees it will be good over 100$.

that's even more than the new Hallucinogen Deluxe Release. And this one is a REAL Deluxe Edition.

why is this one even called 'deluxe edition'? because it's hand numbered? it seems it's not even a gatefold cover.

is this something we have to get used to when we want music on vinyl now?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, psyhoe said:

and why is this one even called 'deluxe edition'? because it's hand numbered? it seems it's not even a gatefold cover.

Well, even the digital re-release is deluxe edition so it's not about the vinyl cover. At least there are four bonus tracks (two on the vinyl) and remastering. I think they're pretty much free to pick any name for the new edition as there have been no other re-releases in 23 years and thus the only point of comparison is the original. Anything that tops it is deluxer than that.

On 6/23/2023 at 7:57 AM, _rado said:

"HOMmega is proud to present the long-awaited LP vinyl release of Yahel's groundbreaking album 'Waves of Sound' from 2000. This exclusive double-vinyl edition is limited to just 250 hand-numbered copies. The album features 12 tracks, including the original 10 tracks remastered by Space Cat, along with 2 bonus tracks - the never-before-released full version of 'D.N.A' (Deep Mix) and 'Intelligent Life' (Video Mix).

Following the success of his debut album 'For The People', Yahel unleashed this exceptional creation, an innovative symphony of Goa and Progressive trance. It includes unforgettable hits like 'Intelligent Life,' 'Waves of Sound,' 'D.N.A,' and more. Yahel's remarkable ability to craft morning tunes that are uplifting and intelligent at the same time solidified his position as a global phenomenon and as the golden boy of trance.

This album release marks the beginning of HOMmega's 25th-anniversary series but also stands as an essential addition for those who love these psytrance milestone albums. Make sure you don't miss out on this must-have release and stay tuned for the upcoming albums in the series.

This product is now on pre-order and will be shipped once the production process is done. Est. delivery time: 90 - 180 days

Shipping prices:
- Israel: $15
- Europe & North America: $17
- South America & Asia: $26
- Rest of the world: $36

*Limited Edition - 250 hand-numbered copies only

*Remastered - 12 tracks in total, pressed on a double LP Vinyl

*Bonuses included - the never released full version of D.N.A (Deep Mix)

*Digital download included (14 tracks) - link provided upon pre-order"5e84305d-2c30-4a9d-80d5-7a31a587d836.thumb.jpg.be30b5594b689fe0274705cd05995098.jpg

Love this album, looking forwards to hear the new mastering, and also curious as to the other albums and hopefully compilations in the 25th-anniversary series.

I miss this euphoric clubby take on Psytrance. Waves of Sound, For The People and Sun Scream are some stellar classics for me. ☀️ 😎

On 7/1/2023 at 11:13 AM, Widar said:

Younger brother vinyls coming in colored versions.

357398532_10102281019198902_6838538483404126531_n.jpg.b2b189f2eb4bca4fb016aa0d290bc93d.jpg357409351_10102281019543212_1622360680462809499_n.thumb.jpg.de41747bd2390d4a52ddabf5d0ff1cbc.jpg357455001_10102281019767762_4708133705226667377_n.jpg.c85b1bae980b8db10c0c3354e357104b.jpg

Also Flux test presses are real.

Screenshot2023-07-01171216.png.977ac2e87f2f649494942fedc4115708.png

All info from Shpongle FB group.

That's kinda frustrating for someone who just purchased all of the albums less than a year ago

7 minutes ago, the goa constrictor said:

That's kinda frustrating for someone who just purchased all of the albums less than a year ago

Who cares about vinyl colour? If the music is good it could be pink with small little dicks on for all i care

On 7/5/2023 at 8:58 PM, the goa constrictor said:

Don't be too frustrated Goa Constrictor; black vinyl invariably sounds better. Some theorise that it is the small amounts of carbon mixed into the pvc to make it black that lubricate the stylus as it travels through the groove, but as far as I know definitive scientific evidence is yet to be established. Nevertheless, it is consensus in audiophile circles that black vinyl generally sounds best and has the lowest noise floor. Of course there are many variables. The coloured pressings that are fashionable today do sometimes have collectibility factor, especially if the run of that colour is limited. Nevertheless, whilst they are often pretty to look at, they do tend to have slightly higher surface noise and other imperfections. I personally am in no hurry to get coloured vinyl pressings of "A Flock of Bleeps"; my black one sounds just great to me.

14 hours ago, DoktorG said:

Don't be too frustrated Goa Constrictor; black vinyl invariably sounds better. Some theorise that it is the small amounts of carbon mixed into the pvc to make it black that lubricate the stylus as it travels through the groove, but as far as I know definitive scientific evidence is yet to be established. Nevertheless, it is consensus in audiophile circles that black vinyl generally sounds best and has the lowest noise floor. Of course there are many variables. The coloured pressings that are fashionable today do sometimes have collectibility factor, especially if the run of that colour is limited. Nevertheless, whilst they are often pretty to look at, they do tend to have slightly higher surface noise and other imperfections. I personally am in no hurry to get coloured vinyl pressings of "A Flock of Bleeps"; my black one sounds just great to me.

Really? It's my understanding black vinyl is still recycled, as apposed to most colours arnt

6 hours ago, technosomy said:

Really? It's my understanding black vinyl is still recycled, as apposed to most colours arnt

Good point Technosomy. Black vinyl is sometimes recycled, but mostly not. Recycled vinyl does have a bad reputation as quite a bit of dirt, even labels, can be part of the melt and result in noise. However, whilst that used to be the case as recycling was often slipshod, done for economic reasons, that is less the case today where recycling is taken more seriously and is not just to press as cheaply as possible. These days some bands make a green point about recycled black vinyl - King Gizzard and Brian Eno, for instance. My copy of Brian Eno's "Foreverandevernomore" which boasts about the recycled vinyl is pristine and plays perfectly. Further, whilst coloured vinyl is less likely to be recycled, the dyes can be sonically troublesome, especially if several are mixed together as in the marbling, galaxy and starburst effects popular now. I love my coloured vinyls: most play fine and some are literally awesome to look at, but my ear is a bit different to my eyes. In my own collection of several thousand lps, I would say that black and clear vinyl is less likely to be noisy than coloured. So, as always, the devil is in the detail. What remains true is my statement that in audiophile circles, with which I have a 40 year acquaintance, black vinyl is regarded as king. I stand by my attempted support of Goa Constrictor; sure coloured vinyl can be pretty, but once you go black there's no going back... 😁

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2023 at 5:13 PM, Widar said:

Younger brother vinyls coming in colored versions.

357398532_10102281019198902_6838538483404126531_n.jpg.b2b189f2eb4bca4fb016aa0d290bc93d.jpg357409351_10102281019543212_1622360680462809499_n.thumb.jpg.de41747bd2390d4a52ddabf5d0ff1cbc.jpg357455001_10102281019767762_4708133705226667377_n.jpg.c85b1bae980b8db10c0c3354e357104b.jpg

Also Flux test presses are real.

Screenshot2023-07-01171216.png.977ac2e87f2f649494942fedc4115708.png

All info from Shpongle FB group.

Very pretty, love the transluscent effect!

But, but, black vinyl it's still coloured. If you think you can tell the difference in sound transparent is the answer. It's crazy how the audiophiles out there never mention it. Or, if you truly care about sound quality, go for CDs 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 10:52 PM, Widar said:

So, I took a quick listen (now that it's out) just to see (hear) if they fixed the "oops the ending of Demention is in mono" mistake, and unfortunately, they didn't. I definitely don't know if even Simon has a version without this error, and yes, I remember him stating somewhere years ago that it actually was a mistake he made when mixing down the tracks.
I'd be curious to know what was the source audio for this remaster. I don't really know if I can justify to myself paying again for the digital version of these albums as I have the originals (which is the case of several remasters that have popped up in recent years in this remastering trend).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Damn it.

I don't use paypal and this is stupid.

Just let me buy the fucking record...

On 8/8/2023 at 9:21 AM, _rado said:

Nick 'Doof' Barber* – ANCoA Vol.1

"Single run vinyl edition of ANCoA Vol.1, limited to 100 copies worldwide.
Pressed on transparent vinyl. Poly-lined inner sleeve. Cover design & artwork by Jake Ewen."

https://nickbarber.bandcamp.com/album/nickdoofbarber-presents-ancoa-vol-1

a2986287088_10.jpg

On 8/12/2023 at 4:22 AM, the goa constrictor said:

Damn it.

I don't use paypal and this is stupid.

Just let me buy the fucking record...

Were you able to solve the PayPal payment problem?

I once had such a problem and I solved it in such a way that I first topped up the funds to my PayPal account and then made the payment.

I could not pay with a card connected to PayPal only with my own funds in my PayPal account.