Upcomming, Preorder or Available Goa, Psytrance, Psybient Vinyl Releases

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 8:30 PM, Anoebis said:

VA - Gamma Draconis classic compilation coming on CD & LP!

A pure goa-trance compilation on CD & vinyl with Astral Projection, MFG, Xenomorph, Shakta, Oforia,... in 2020! Yes, that is still possible! Suntrip worked for years with these goa-trance legends and they made 1 more old school goa-trance track especially for us! As a result, we are proud to present "Gamma Draconis", an 8 track compilation which will please all lovers of 90s goa/psychedelic-trance! The tracks range from classic melodic trance to darker acidic stuff! Each their own!

The tracklist looks like this: 
1. Roy Sasson - Mentalogue
2. Xenomorpg - Dying Sun
3. Battle of the Future Buddhas - Shinechaser
4. Shakta - Expidition to Earth
5. Astral Projection - Dominion
6. MFG - Global Light (Retro Version)
7. Ra - Eikon 
8. Oforia - Emotionally Charged Memories

It will be released as CD and 2*LP at the end of september! More info about this soon on our social media channels (fb & instagram mainly).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Widar said:

Gamma Draconis is up for preorder!

https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/gamma-draconis

True :) Also on our Suntrip shop there is a pre-order, and thanks to weird bandcamp calculations it is cheaper with shipping if you buy via the Suntrip shop if you buy 2-3 items or more :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, psyhoe said:

Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland Remastered Vinyl are available!!! 

https://shponglemusic.bandcamp.com/album/ineffable-mysteries-from-shpongleland-remastered

i got one just!
sold out in minutes
hope you got yours
lots of people in america not happening as they were asleep when it went up for sale
finally some luck falls for us in australia
my collection is now complete

1 minute ago, technosomy said:

i got one just!
sold out in minutes
hope you got yours
lots of people in america not happening as they were asleep when it went up for sale
finally some luck falls for us in australia
my collection is now complete

yes i got a copy last minute too. unfortunatelly i missed the red vinyl edition.

i almost got a heart attack checking my mails in the morning with the message that its available. this time there was no announcment mail when its gonna pop up. luckily there were a few black copies left. now all are gone. they will propably release some more "limited" coloured versions soon anyway ;)

the release hasnt shipped yet but people put it already up on eBay :/

2 hours ago, psyhoe said:

yes i got a copy last minute too. unfortunatelly i missed the red vinyl edition.

i almost got a heart attack checking my mails in the morning with the message that its available. this time there was no announcment mail when its gonna pop up. luckily there were a few black copies left. now all are gone. they will propably release some more "limited" coloured versions soon anyway ;)

the release hasnt shipped yet but people put it already up on eBay :/

yeah the on selling has just got ridiculous.
i to was surprised no announcement as was expecting some notice like the others, for are you shpongled my girl and i got up at 3 am to purchase.
she messaged me at work today and told me about it, was all confused and she just went ahead and bought a red one, so would have missed it otherwise, but yes i think they will do another press

8 minutes ago, Widar said:

Twisted emailed on Wednesday about it being available on Friday and told what time in the comments there as well.

strange i didnt get any notice. im on their mailinglist and always got the former mails. the one today about being available also came

On Infected Mushroom's instagram they announced that they will do a limited run of 300 copies of the special reissue of 'Converting Vegetarians' 2LP. 

On 10/2/2020 at 3:30 PM, psyhoe said:

We had our annual get-together weekend with a couple of old friends at a remote cottage. I was properly disconnected and learnt only late on Sunday that this came and went already two days ago. Didn't get any advance notification either. :mellow: A bit of a bummer because it's the only album I don't have on vinyl in any form. Then again, I'm not a fan of that packaging at all. Bland cover instead of the original and pre-inflated with all this "super deluxe" nonsense. I've been skipping Nothing Lasts too because the overall deal felt pointless. What was the price of this one anyway?

Well, let's see what happens this time. Print size was scaled back to AYS numbers, which is also the only one of these re-releases to really skyrocket on the second hand market. There were re-presses of the first two ones. For the third one there hasn't been any need yet. We'll see.

Re: Ineffable Mysteries, Simon just posted this:

Yes correct, due marks on the outer cloth of some, the factory culled 500 on the last quality control inspection before these left the factory door. Result being we only got 1k. We're working on a new version with them right now which will be a quality but more standard 3 disc set to include extra or live versions of some of the most popular tracks. back with date soon

More standard packaging but extra material? Now we're talking...

• Like 1

I think the quality deficite did not affect the vinyl pressing itself but the production of the media book. So it is possible that they got only 1000 media books (covers) but have many more of the vinyl records which will be sold inside a different cover at a later time.

4 hours ago, Widar said:

Along with a 3rd disc it sounds like. And that would make 500 more available then.

Could be...although when they already have the plates and stampers, nothing really stops them from pressing more with no initial costs to worry about.

The planned 1500 copy batch of the "super deluxe" edition was apparently a result of observing that the 2500 copies of Nothing Lasts didn't sell that fast. However, this time:

1. The original Nothing Lasts LP wasn't particularly limited. Conversely, the original Ineffable print was ultra-limited - only 300 copies made and not even all of those in public circulation. Very few people have that, thus it's probably in higher demand to begin with.
  2. Many diehard collectors bought the Ineffable re-release in both colours (and probably quite many for re-selling too, seeing how limited it was). Nothing Lasts was just a single version, thus that kind of double-buying didn't happen there.
  3. If they release a cheaper edition, the target audience for that is larger than for "super deluxe".

So there could be demand for much more than 1500 copies overall, especially when they get split between three versions, each with its own collecting value. Is Twisted going to make more? They have to order those 3rd discs from the plant anyway so why not an extra batch of the "main" discs? Do they want to? We'll see that as well.

If we're spamming this info topic too much, let's move this discussion to another one. :)