Day Time Goa

Tsotsi

One track descriptor that has never sounded right to me is 'daytime Goa', and going to Apsara this year makes me wonder even more. 

Imo all Goa sounds better under the stars than the sun. Maybe with the exception of Elysium. 

So what are some examples of Day Goa? What makes it so?

2 hours ago, Manuser said:

I guess the stuff that fits the morning like Blue Planet Corporation, or the old California Sunshine albums. 

Indeed , the Blue Planet Corporation  is perfect for morning, I've experienced it once in the forest during the cold sun and rainy morning and it was amazing.

Dimension 5 is also fits very well in the morning. as well as Man With No Name and Transwave.

But artists like: Miranda, OOOD, Electric Universe. Cosmosis, Green Nuns and typical Koyote and Matsuri styles of Goa are defiantly for the night time Galaxies ! :) even Astral Projection.

I like this post. I think Goa trance especially the old retro stuff is more for night time, less for morning :) even if I experienced it more during the day times..

Some music is perfect for the morning, when you've reached that point where the people who have been up all night dancing have hit their second wind and are not ready to stop, and the people who are just waking up have fresh energy, and it all comes together...

Melodic uplifting music is what I think of... Maybe a little "lighter" but still powerful... Jaia is perfect for morning, old Protoculture when he was still making psy, Delirious Noon, Zorba (especially the track "The Deep"), Vibrasphere, Liquid Soul, etc.... If you are only talking about "Goa" Goa, a lot of melodic Goa sounds better suited to me in the late morning/daytime slot... Of the newer artists, off the top of my head, Somnesia has that "floaty" uplifting quality that suits day much better than night... 

Space Cat - Kreak is perfect for the morning, and as a contrast for day/night - break out your old Infernal Machine 12" - I would say "The Loin Sleeps Tonight" is better for nighttime, and "Loin King" is a better suited for the day.

And there is a reason why certain labels, such as Sundance and Suntrip, have "sun" as part of their name!

My brain is tired, and my collection is not in front of me. I'm sure I can think of other examples later...

(And some music can sound good in different timeslots, depending on the flow of the party!)

Edited by sidetrakkt
added a couple songs

Afterglow-goa :D I'm gonna go find some examples of what the term morning goa means to me. Generally speaking, I would say good tunes for that are tracks that carry some emotional/nostalgic harmonic content. Paired with a very light and uplifting atmosphere.

Bird-like chirping synth fx background sounds, fits the bill. Think of it as, the night tracks are the journey towards, the destination in paradise. This paradise thus must contrast quite a lot to the darker/enigmatic goa of the night.

The sun has returned again, and as it rises, heavenly music is flowing out from every speaker. And the sunbeams radiate through the forest. This could obviously be out in the desert as well. B)

Examples:

The Overlords-God's Eye On Goa

RA-Expand Consciousness

California Sunshine-Green Sky

Astral Projection-Tryptomine Dream

Chi-AD-Exit Eternity

Khetzal-Listening Winds

Astral Projection-Liquid Sun

Astrancer-Namaskara Mudra

Doof-Let's Turn On

RA-Transcendent

Astrancer-Dzog Chen

Mindsphere-Tears Of Goddess

Mindsphere-Harmonic Garden

Khetzal-Bells Of Sarnath

Ethereal-Moondawn, despite the name of the track, I think it would work great in the very early morning as well.

Power Source-Granada

MFG-New Kind Of World

If someone would remix Afgin-Aden Prayers so that it had a more dance friendly tempo/beat, it would be a textbook example :)

• Like 1

While searching for The Overlords-God’s Eye On Goa on spotify, I discovered an Afgin Remix :)

Afgins remix from 2015

The classic Bionizer remix from 1994