Sign in to follow this  
Psychedelic Superbeast

Stupid question...isnt that goa?

recursion loop    488

Phrygian mode + syncopation in melodic lines. Why not? Should it be played with synths instead of guitars with some cutoff/reso tweaking it would sound pretty much like goa.

I think some species of metal have something common with goa/psy in terms of melodics and overall mood. I used to be a metalhead myself before switching to electronic music. E.g. these two tracks evoke somewhat similar feelings in me

Anyway, you can find some goa flavours in very unusual places (well, this one is more like nitzho but still :D )

• Like 1

Damn, i learned something brand new from this. Youre right its the exact same thing; only a goa framework other than a rock framework.

(gajin rocker / the re-stoned from op)

very interesting :)

• Like 1

Padmapani    396

the thread reminds me of this track:

hypnotic, loop based  and highly psychedelic. it has all the same qualities without being trance. this music is probably what's to blame for me making the switch to electronic music later on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Padmapani said:

the thread reminds me of this track:

hypnotic, loop based  and highly psychedelic. it has all the same qualities without being trance. this music is probably what's to blame for me making the switch to electronic music later on.

i know Tool but to be hones i never heared this one! yeah thats exactly what i am talking about.

the intro of the first one gave me chillis. i felt like a mexican serial killer when i heard it

• Like 1

Padmapani    396
16 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

i know Tool but to be hones i never heared this one! yeah thats exactly what i am talking about.

the intro of the first one gave me chillis. i felt like a mexican serial killer when i heard it

imho lateralus is still their best album. not a single track that's just ok there, but reflection and the title track are just masterpieces.

nice one there. i would have loved this back then. it has a definite black sabbath vibe. too bad that it's released in 2019 and the sound quality is at best 70s.

• Like 1