Australian wildfire crisis & fire extinguinsher technology

remnant

The Associated Press reported, few days ago, that 12.35 million acres of land in Australia has been burned while latest sources state that nearly 20 million acres have burned across the country, and authorities say the fires could keep burning for months. At least 25 people have died and residents of entire towns have been forced to flee their homes.

500 million animals (or more) is estimated to be dead among which are koalas and kangaroos, nowhere else in the world to be found but only in the australian fauna. Probably, many species will be vanished and others will be rated as endangered species.

Words sound meaningless towards such desasters and faith in God (or divine providence) is questioned.

Which are the causes for this long huge ongoing catastrophe, is just dryness, extreme weather conditions, multiple arsons?

Still, the estimations for the course of this crisis are negative. Too sad because Australia is considered to be one of the most developed states in the world.

Could some friends from Australia shed some light on the issue?

Also, why while weapon technology is more and more advancing, fire extinguinsher technology has been left behind or overlooked?

Hey @remnant,

The situation is pretty bad, the scale of the 140 + blazes is pretty wild. Smoke covers sydney and canberra most days and even gets blown down the south to cover melbourne when the wind permits. It reached New Zealand and now im told south America. 

The animal situation is shocking and hard to wrap your head around. The majority of social media is blaming the Prime Minister which is kind of fair enough because he is a bureaucratic dick whose first instinct when returning from a holiday was to go and get photo ops in burnt down towns. That went very badly for him, he was pretty much chased out of town. He also ignored calls from emergency service leaders 18 months ago to have a meeting. State govts have also been cutting the budget for land management.

https://reddit.app.link/z53Fkzz962

Our politicians can be blamed for a lot but not everything. Something like 13-30% of fires are lit by arsonists every season, they dont have the numbers yet but this is likely to be the same. 

At 2pm in most places in NSW the sky turns orange, everything looks like it has a sepia filter on it. We are looking at few deaths as evacuation methods have improved since the last version of this a few years ago. 

Something my swedish father in law asked was 'you guys have this fire season every year, how has figuring out how to stopnit ASAP not been a priority'?

Good question imo.

I think the stat is something like: 1% of land clearing in 1 state alone costs about 22 million big ones. We have the money in all honesty, just not the political fortitude.

some people / some media blame climate change but its really arsonists doing it. its all orchestrated. no im not a conspiracy theorist, you are. 

"there is more to reality than meets the normal eye. Behind the curtain of everyday consciousness, is hidden another, unaturally strange, mental universe"

47 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

some people / some media blame climate change but its really arsonists doing it. its all orchestrated. no im not a conspiracy theorist, you are.

Like I said, 13-30%, that is the standard range. It's been reported in the Aus media, gleefully actually because they could take the focus away from climate change.

Climate change is being argued on 2 different basis. 

1. Hottest & driest season of winter - summer we have seen in decades. This is true, make of it what you will.

2. A nearly 30 year drought that has also coincided with our dickhead government (Remember them) that has been selling our ground water to cotton farmers and international mega corporations at the expense of every other farmer, ecosystems and rural towns. Australia's water management is not the worst thing our govt does but it's pretty close. 

28 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

its all based on perspective quite honestly and you can pretty much make anything into anything. as far as statistics go.

im not bying into natural causes, is all.

Haha, I'm here, an Australian, in Australia, letting you know, that atleast 70% are natural causes. I never used the 'climate' word to argue one way or another, i'm just saying that this naturally happens every year and this year is far worse. It's why we have a fire season. 

Natural fires have happened long before humans began eating fish, to say that they aren't natural is completely incorrect.

• Thanks 1

Shocking :o

Even more shocking that people apparently light some of these fires themselves: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/07/australia/australia-fires-police-action-trnd/index.html

And my boss (an Australia fan, you may say) recently told me that the New Year fireworks in Sydney were not cancelled because "the economy profits from the fireworks" ... if a damn spark can light a forest blaze, is it wise to make fireworks? I'm sorry, but I'm speechless at such stupidity of politicans and people who deliberately light fires...

You wanna talk about stupid politicians... This is a copy and paste from a story I that was just brought to my attention. It might take a while to read and not be interesting to everyone but it explains the shit-fuckery of our government very very clearly.

"""While his comments can be attributed to a mistake, what is absolutely disgusting is that the Liberal Party has been waging psychological warfare with a toxic disinformation campaign online.

The past few weeks have seen a tsunami of hateful and bigoted posts from mostly bot accounts paid for and run by the Liberal Party as a response to the heat they are feeling over the climate change bush fire disaster.

If you're wondering where all these invective deflections and diversions are coming from it is a open secret that the Liberal Party is using the PR/information warfare firm Topham Guerin to wage a disinformation campaign online to take the heat off their unpopularity and culpability in this disaster (two decades of shutting down any program that would have helped in the fire disaster such as closing the climate change commission, funding for Rural Fire Service, funding for national parks to manage fuel loads, rejecting experts demanding aerial firefighting equipment, the list is endless)

Let me make this clear, in the midst of the death and carnage and anger from the electorate on so many incompetent acts that they are more concerned with their popularity than with responsible governance.

How is it appropriate that as this disaster unfolds the LNP decided to respond with psychological warfare to anger and deceive the Australian community with this toxic disinformation campaign?

During a climate change disaster, this climate change denying Govt has embarked on a disinformation campaign on facebook etc coupled with some assistance from the Murdoch press spreading this disinformation.

I am flabbergasted this not front page news that should end the Government.

Australians are just starting to realise that there has been odd behavior on their social media platforms in the last couple weeks and its attributed to an intensive election style Cambridge Analytica rote psychological warfare and this has been widely documented. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/08/australia-where-lies-and-conspiracy-theories-spread-like-bushfire """" ...

There is more but i'll spare you. @astralprojection Read this amigo, it might be some of the stuff you have been getting info from.

@Tsotsi

yes, perhaps i have been fed a bit of a disinformation campaign. i know you guys have wildfires all the time dating back to .. well the beginning really. 

anyway, this time the media has been pushing it quite strangely and theres an agenda, and that the fires are started to push that very agenda. Not exactly sure what the agenda is, but the fact that it feels staged and engineered is not something i can ignore.

one of the main conspiracy theories (one that i do not really subscribe to, at least not from what i know, but im very open to) is that the new highway system of railroads; are along those very fires, and that somehow the "elite" is causing those fires with DEW (directed energy weapons) equipped on satellites. 

ofc, this is all conjecture and nothing substantial but as a person with no doors closed, this seems plausible. not saying i buy into it, but i guess that is the main conspiracy theory. but i do remember this same conspiracy theory last year too. so it could very well just be clever disinfo campaigning THIS year, compared to last year. OR, the elite are really causing the fires to be able to more cheaply construct those high speed railroads. :rolleyes:

again, im not saying this is what i believe, but this is why im CAUTIOS to believe anything.

and knowing how dubious and NOT for the people the elite really is, considering the fact theyre all pedophiles to begin with, i dont find ANYTHING in this crazy world to be too far out of reach of possibility. 

I'm not against the railroad theory, someone rich is definitely going to benefit from this. And there will be a politician by their side. Satellite energy weapons though? Sounds complicated, are these real things?

They will fuck the rail way system up anyway, NSW is notoriously bad at infrastructural decisions.

yes some say they are mounted on satellites some say its HAARP ;)

either way its likely nothing more than a coincidence; that the fires are around the same area (geographically speaking its almost scarily close) as the plans for the new high speed railroad; but while i think exotic weaponry like DEW and HAARP* are science fiction; its not something i can completely dismiss either!

* haarp is ofc real, but the fact that it is being used as a weapon systems, to direct massive amounts of RF energy back to earth bouncing off the ionosphere.

which is exactly how Short wave radio works; this would just be multiple magnitudes stronger. Again im just the messenger in this case :) im just very open to the possibilty lifes not the cushy place weve been lead to believe :)

@Redo good post! Highly interesting.

I do not believe in the satellite weaponry thing.
Mainly because: if such things exist, they would be used way more frequently - and also not only to cause destruction, but also to prevent it ... I did not yet see such a case.
And HAARP may be real, but not for these purposes - you can visit on special occasions as a normal guest - why don't you do it, by the way and share some pictures? :)

• 3 weeks later...

some updates from here in oz
now alot of the coast from sydney up to queensland and beyond is starting to flood
where there was once fire, is now vast amounts of water.
i am based in the northern rivers 3 hours south of brisbane, 11 hours north of sydney, we have had a meter of rain in a week!
now i see we are about to get the rain that has been flooding most of the west coast of new zealand, the last time that happened our whole town went under water and was devastating.
crazy extreme bizarre stuff, but seems to be happening everywhere around the world

as for the talk about the railway and all of that, is very uncanny the locations of the fires to where they plan on putting the rail system.
they are now saying that the soil after the fire is cancerous, and cannot be re used to grow crops, the government is now offering big money to buy alot of this uninhabitable land, with alot of the areas being exactly where the new SMART super cities are to go, i generally don't believe in coincidence keep an eye on this one image.thumb.png.a6168ece40b6b95b884d973302c23425.png

image.thumb.png.c3af6c24ec30d723da61c59632f14dc3.png

image.png

• Thanks 1