S-RANGE - Hypermental 2002 (now finally available)

Get up, grab the keys for your DeLorean DMC-12, get it to 88mph and crank your volume level up, we are going back into the year 2002 to listen to an unreleased version of Hypermental (or also "Hyper Mental") by S-RANGE that he performed live at the Just Dance Festival 2002 and which has been now finally available for public consumption...

Here:

This was (soon) 18 years ago.
Where were you 18 years ago? What did you do?
I can tell you where I've been about 18 years ago. I was at the WUK Vienna, at a party called Suntribe (by Chactun), to listen to S-RANGE play this and other tracks live - and I danced to it a lot and was super hooked to his music from that point on. You may have noticed it ... I have been trying to talk about S-RANGE and promote his music whenever I comfortably could on this forum and yes, you may freely admit if it annoyed you a little, however, I tried to be as tactile as possible and I hope I did it successfully because while people on here meanwhile far and wide recognize that I am a big S-RANGE fan, I hopefully never got too much on their nerves with it...
Not too long after that show at the WUK, I fortunately came across a bootleg of this mix at the Just Dance Festival and transferred it to my MiniDisc player where it stayed for a looong time, to accompany me on numerous running sessions out there in the Wiener Prater (a public park). Of all the tracks in the mix, it was this one that stood out most. Maybe because it was the only one that was nowhere available! All the other tracks in the set were remixes of tunes that got released, this one not. Only 2 years later, a totally different version of Hypermental was released, which, while being super good in its own way, had nothing in common with that one. So I was continuing my runs and I kept coming back to this mix and to this very live version of the track for many years ... the runs and listens stayed an integral part of the character that I call RTP = Running To Psytrance ... this track is one of the pillars of the concept...

Until finally I had this idea of making a "compilation" (the project got a bit stuck by the way, but not grinded to a halt yet ... info will follow) and contacted Anthony Sillfors about this track. Unfortunatley I could not have it for a compilation release as something else might be planned (may not say too much here), but Anthony fortunately and thankfully ("Hyper Thankfully" from my part) allowed me to post this track on Soundcloud and set it to public!

Seriously, the mere fact that this recording stayed preserved and is ALLOWED to be posted is a rare occurrence. You can compare it to a bottle of Whisky appearing from a "dead distillery", like you suddenly found it in your parent's cellar ... it's a style of music that is not produced anymore in any way! Such events are much sought after and very precious.

Conditions: online listening is allowed for free, NO DOWNLOAD and I also disabled offline listening to be safe. But I hope the track will still delight you. It does delight me immensely at least :) 

This also serves as a late christmas present by ... nothing else but the Universe itself, in my opinion :wub: 

CHEERS TO ALL
RTP

(the hissing in the recording from time to time -- don't tell me you don't hear it :P -- is unfortunatley my demo version of Tracktion ... if you, by any chance, have a better version of this very song, send it to me for cheers or upload it with same conditions (NO DOWNLOAD) and I will repost gladly ... however, I must say that the somewhat "suboptimal sound quality" is a charm in its own way as we used to record and re-record stuff in that way back then, I put this on a Minidisc, then on a CD, then over two or three PC Harddisks maybe also via a backup DVD or USB stick until it's now here ... in the cloud - welcome to 2020 :D )

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:36 PM, RTP said:

I have been trying to talk about S-RANGE and promote his music whenever I comfortably could on this forum and yes, you may freely admit if it annoyed you a little,

not at all. i've been convinced that s-range is great since i've heard test tones for the first time. even though i find the chromosome remix of test tones to still be the best s-range track :)

Yes, the Chromosome Remix is awesome B)

Interestingly, the release containing that Chromosome Remix of Test Tones also was the one where Hypermental was released ... however, except the voice sample the version has nothing in common with the track that was played live above...

22 hours ago, RTP said:

Interestingly, the release containing that Chromosome Remix of Test Tones also was the one where Hypermental was released ... however, except the voice sample the version has nothing in common with the track that was played live above...

trance scandinavian express? interesting. i only knew it from the original spiral trax compilation.

• 2 years later...
On 1/9/2020 at 7:34 PM, S-Range said:

Thanks for your support!

Good Vibrations ॐ

:wub:

2023 now, still going strong!