Psychedelic Superbeast

Is real Goa Trance music Alpha Male Music and supports violence?

I think real Goa supports heterosexuality....are here some Women? If yes could you please tell what you feel if you hear Goa Trance(NOT PSYTRANCE NOT PROGPSY)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Phluff    6

I don't know if it'll make me, a newbie here, unpopular, but from an outsider's perspective I notice that in a lot of places around the web and other places there is an attitude like being male is the default. For example, not having an option to choose another gender than male or female on this forum seems a little outdated, like there should be options for non-binary, or at least something like "other" if there's going to be an option at all. Also, the use of expressions like "you guys" and maybe "gentlemen" or whatever could be seen as a micro-aggression. However it doesn't bother me too much, it's just I come from a very liberal American college town and I'm constantly being told I'm not being inclusive enough. Just an observation, not a major criticism. I know that it is intended in the best spirit, but it's something I notice from time to time.

• Confused 1

thanosp81    307

Unfortunately for me (sic) I grow tired of the whole non-sex, non-binary, transgender etc etc thing. So as a scientist the solution I'll give to the moderators of the forum (and why not everywhere where the male/female definition is asked/used), stop using the outdated male or female, instead ask whether someone is XY or XX and lets get over with that  nonsense of one thousand different genres once and for all.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

recursion loop    488
29 minutes ago, thanosp81 said:

Unfortunately for me (sic) I grow tired of the whole non-sex, non-binary, transgender etc etc thing. So as a scientist the solution I'll give to the moderators of the forum (and why not everywhere where the male/female definition is asked/used), stop using the outdated male or female, instead ask whether someone is XY or XX and lets get over with that  nonsense of one thousand different genres once and for all.

XXX individuals? XYY individuals? Mosaic individuals?

It's not that simple :D

• Like 1

hmm...i for myselfe associated Goa Trance with Tradition and Culture. Willpower and fertility....never with homosexuality and liberalism.

Its music for workout and fighting. Not for using drugs and have group sex or practicing sodomy. I cant understand modern people

• Confused 1

thanosp81    307
15 hours ago, recursion loop said:

XXX individuals? XYY individuals? Mosaic individuals?

It's not that simple :D

It is that simple. You just provided the answer. If you need to identify yourself for some legal reason one way or another, there it is, XY, XX, XXX, XYY. What someone would like to be called he/she or whatever else that is a different matter. 

• Thanks 1

Phluff    6
8 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

Its music for workout and fighting. Not for using drugs and have group sex or practicing sodomy.

It got its start in the hippie colonies in India, so if you consider dancing all night as working out and fighting, I can see that being relevant. And it's not as if the hippies weren't all about free love.

I'm just kind of offended, and blindsided, as someone who met his first transgender person when he was still learning to walk, and never had any trouble with it then. I also have a gay sister and a trans sister-in-law, so to me this stuff isn't obscure and "out-there," but real and present. I just don't see why diversity is any cause for distress.

Ofcourse, I'm not unaware of the impracticalities of the unwieldy verbage of modern gender theory in everyday parlance, but I mean come on. Is it so hard to refer to Chi-A.D. by her preferred pronouns, or is that really the hill you're going to die on? I would hope we would save our battles for something that really helps improve people's lives, and not for singling people out for being different.

That's not what I get out of goa, and as far as I'm concerned, that's never what it's going to be about. So I'm just going to act like I didn't hear any of this.

• Confused 1

acid-brain    106
24 minutes ago, Phluff said:

That's not what I get out of goa, and as far as I'm concerned, that's never what it's going to be about. So I'm just going to act like I didn't hear any of this.

Yeah, I dont' see what this thread has to do with goa either and it risks just turning into a flamewar like you'd find on any mainstream social media.

Grayling    11
On 12/23/2019 at 3:44 PM, Phluff said:

I come from a very liberal American college town and I'm constantly being told I'm not being inclusive enough

My condolences. Pretty awful environment to grow up in, having to walk on eggshells regarding everything that comes out of your mouth. I've worked with people who were brainwashed into this way of thinking and they were invariably dysfunctional in the workplace because they didn't know how to get along with others. Hypocrites quick to point their finger at others, but wielding the most offensive mouths I've heard. I've also visited cities under this spell and they're some of the most socially dysfunctional places I've been (and I get around a lot, both across the US and internationally). 

Phluff    6
44 minutes ago, Grayling said:

Pretty awful environment to grow up in, having to walk on eggshells regarding everything that comes out of your mouth.

Meh. Worse things have happened. It doesn't really bother me. I was brought up in a diverse city (Indianapolis, Indiana) and I'm happy to accommodate conversations about race, gender, sexuality, and similar topics if it means that I can facilitate the reduction of suffering. But I don't think this is the time or place to pick a battle.

Maybe this isn't a conversation we want to have here if we want to keep it civil. I've noticed a lot of the forum veterans haven't engaged this discussion, presumably because they understand that it isn't likely to go anywhere. I'm disengaging now, not weaseling out, but acknowledging that it isn't going to make anything better. Peace out.

Grayling    11

I grew up in a very diverse city as well, Denver. I lived in some rough parts of town off and on growing up. I've learned from my travels that very few Americans understand what true suffering is. Very few. I see mostly skewed perceptions of suffering that in reality is minor discomfort to those who know true suffering. 

• Like 1

Tsotsi    122

@Phluff

I know you want out, but I've been wanting to write this for a few days so will do anyway. Something I think a lot of people don't realise is that the States has been the cultural hegemon for over century. You have controlled and won battles of ideology (liberalism, capitalism, feminism) almost every time.

Nothing wrong with this, not an insult.

Since the fall of liberalism and capitalism as ideals there has been a void in theory that is being filled by the race and gender debate. I have never seen a country so focused on these two things in my life. 

I bring this up because its important to acknowledge our foundations, in America that foundation regularly begins with the premise that you are correct and other people should listen.

This is solely in relation to the discussion of theory BTW, I've been there a bunch of times and love you all as I love all our species.

When I see the gender\race debate I see a bunch of people who don't realise they are operating from the same framework that was used to justify Iraq, Vietnam, neoliberalism etc. People are so focused on it that they can't see a bigger picture.

What does this have to do with Psynews? This is my main point, and I said this to some very close friends of mine at a psy festival once who were questioning a dude in a native American Indian headwear.

"Psytrance should exist outside of the social expectations of the world". Not only should it, it already does, and people are trying to place rules into the psy world. Maybe they don't think there should be any exceptions but there should be, there should always be a place were you can be free to be anything. That place already exists in Psytrance culture.

If anything Psynews should get rid of the gender sign up question all together, as its unimportant for contribution here. And tying your happiness up in an ego statement like " I am this" is the opposite of what humans should be doing.

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 4:56 PM, Tsotsi said:

Psynews should get rid of the gender sign up question all together, as its unimportant for contribution here.

This.

(what a weird thread to open up after being in hiding and lurking for so long...)

• Like 1

Veracohr    106
On 12/24/2019 at 12:28 PM, acid-brain said:

Yeah, I dont' see what this thread has to do with goa either and it risks just turning into a flamewar like you'd find on any mainstream social media.

Agreed, so it’s been moved it to Off Topic & is being watched.

Hmm.. What a strange but also in a strange way interesting topic.. I mean I realise its a booze-fueled topic but .. Well Im fine with that :D

I think the only answer is that music caters to all; and no music is more gay than the next. Although, there are ofc historically alot of genres that have been tied to the gay community; but I think thats still a bit of a stretch and probably only mediahype; as Im sure alot of straight people liked that music aswell. So however you wanna put it, I dont think its possible to tie a sexuality towards a music style.

As far as genders go, there are TWO (2). No more no less. Well 3 if you count hermaphrodites that are born with both sexes.

just my 2c! :)

For voilence, goa/psy is probably the least violent of all electronic dance music genres. Not sure about that one at all mr superbeast :unsure:

RTP    63

Late to the party, but: gender has already THREE options ... Male / Female / Not Telling

If the gender is so unimportant as it's stated here, why isn't everybody on Not Telling then?

Not Telling is obviously not the same as if you are the Third Eye (or whatever) gender and still want to tell people ... but it would have been at least a signal...

So, dear humans and aliens on here, you got now four options:

image.png

or shall I make more? :D