The Psynews Track?? (second try)

On 10/5/2020 at 12:13 PM, Multi-Media said:

Sorry no idea I have read positive things about Reaper and 60 days "for free trial" + cheap...this sounds like a fair offer to me. :)

And a question has anyone tried out the speedsound stuff ? He seems the most active poster in this section. But why does he post a new thread for every offer he has instead ONE ? Would it also not be promo? He does not give much tipps at all or wants to discuss it seems.

I think these type of promotions were always quite common, certainly on the isratrance forum. It's more noticeable now since this forum isn't as crowded as it once was. Thats also why for example NHJO might seem like a very active poster. When in fact he's been posting more or less the same amount and type of content since forever. It used to drown out more in the rest of the activity back when the forum was at its most active peak.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

I think these type of promotions were always quite common, certainly on the isratrance forum. It's more noticeable now since this forum isn't as crowded as it once was. Thats also why for example NHJO might seem like a very active poster. When in fact he's been posting more or less the same amount and type of content since forever. It used to drown out more in the rest of the activity back when the forum was at its most active peak.

I was in Isratrance forum too - seems long ago  - quite empty over there now.

I heard forums losing traffic in general because of f-book etc. TikTok and Instagram (I am not on any of these places).

I found a video from NHJO where he plays in a club in Seoul (sp?) not sure if his own music but sounded not too bad :)
I will glady listen to the Psynews track if it will materialize btw.

18 hours ago, Padmapani said:

club? do you mean that video with nhjo playing in a garage with just him playing and one person dancing or have i missed something?

Perhaps the same, I noted not many people in the vid , perhaps 2-3 or so. But even a garage can be a club, it is just very trvue kult underground then B)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, astralprojection said:

that sounds pretty funny i wanna see it

maybe i remembered it wrong, but the only thing i could find was this:

it actually looks like a real club and he's playing what seems to be a halfway decent goa trance dj set. in my memory he playing some goa trance track and singing on top of that. maybe there's another video still?

4 hours ago, Padmapani said:

maybe i remembered it wrong, but the only thing i could find was this:

it actually looks like a real club and he's playing what seems to be a halfway decent goa trance dj set. in my memory he playing some goa trance track and singing on top of that. maybe there's another video still?

I was expecting more Tecktonic or Goa tho? This was more on the Full-On side of things. Skipped through briefly and didn't hear any NHJO singing on top.

I don't know, maybe he sold out? He used to be a puritan old school goa head. But perhaps with the stardom that followed with his collboration with Psy-Gangnam style, he abandonded the old trends? Such as the CD-format. The future is definitely mididisc DJ mixing. And some cassette tapes for that crisp entangled vintage feel.

Atleast it seems he didn't play his own tracks? Still eagerly awaiting for his liveshow at Apsara, when/if the corona pandemic ever goes away. Some kiler goa christmas carols and psy dance x birthday songs for sure.

However I can't rule out the Pavel conspiracy theory just yet. Because the face of the DJ is not clearly visible. If it's Pavel it's very convincing for sure. Imagine the effort in hiring all the people attending the club. That is an unprecedented attention to details. ;) 

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2020 at 8:36 PM, Veracohr said:

Download worked, also importing it..
But have a question is there an easy way to make 3 seperate tracks from the drumtrack, this one contains all drums and percs in your file. I did this the same years ago, but using 3 seperate tracks for eg. kick, snare and "higher up stuff" is way easier to EQ etc. I could ofc just copy the notes to a new track but is a bit too fiddly and time consuming...

Seems I am quite lazy or unproductive in my music making I did nothing at all for ca. the last 2 months :rolleyes: I am now trying to do something at least every 3rd day and also working on this file...

Which bpm range did you want to use for this track? For now I put it at 130..

BTW, found a video from Bill/Cosmosis where he also shows/talks about AudioRealism Bassline (I guess 2 as it looks exactly like mine) and it sound also kind of "weak ass" there, good to know it´s not myself being to blame :)

On 9/6/2020 at 2:08 PM, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

If someone needs this Melody made by me i can send it in the right key. or in FL Studio project...i mean its not really complex but effective in my opinion. The nexus arp is awesome...maybe here is some Arp expert who can make an even better Apreggio out of the chords? but i think its fine like it is :) i can see this melody somewhere in the end of this track..

It would help if you can tell us the BPM you used in the melodies? You do not need to send it tho I try to fit it in anyways...;)

On 9/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, recursion loop said:

...making the whole arrangement of the pieces people will provide, making the bassline, mixing the whole thing, that would be a lot of work. I can do that and sure it would be interesting to try but I can't promise making it soon, chances are it would be months ... Quite busy with the dayjob and my own projects. ..

Same here, kinda busy... but will try. You can provide 1 or 2 of your melodies also, checked your tunes and surely you have something unused or a bit differing one from what you already used (eg. some AP or BluePl.Corp like thingie), you can post it here for everyone to d/l just state the BPM and provide a wave (16bit enough) and midi. Best would be 130 bpm..or sent it to me ...:) 

7 minutes ago, Multi-Media said:

Best would be you use 130 bpm as this is the tempo I used...

ok, 130 bpm and what is the key?

I don't mind throwing in some pieces :) 

Also I have this short thingie which never evolved into anything. I can buonce the separate synth parts from there. I still must have the DAW project somewhere.

11 minutes ago, recursion loop said:

ok, 130 bpm and what is the key?

I don't mind throwing in some pieces :) 

Key does not matter I just fiddle with it to fit (therefore the midi)... I wonder tho 130 is too slow ? Do not like super fast tracks but perhaps using 133 instead (?) Vote people for a BPM! Note over 140 and under 120 please.

Btw. this may take a month or longer but I WILL come up with a track good or bad around 5 - 6 mins ( :+1: ) Until serious life issues may intervene..

Everyone who takes part gets credits as due for sure ! 

Others can still make a track too, then we might have a small EP (3-5 songs) for PSYNEWS tracks or so :)

18 minutes ago, recursion loop said:

Will you be making the kick and the bass? Maybe make these first and then  tell us the key and the exact bpm?

I used Veracohrs file but all drums/percs are in the same track (in his file), if I get them to 3 seperate ones, I use it as it is - with some changes.

Bass I use his one and also made another one with 1 of the lines being modulated/filtered the other being the more static one.. man Goa/Psy music for sure can be better made with hardware, just edit on the fly and record. I find it more difficult with software to get "moving/living" sounds...I have 2 HW synths but not connected/stored away..

Your example is good enough I guess, why not make it longer and use it as PSYNEWS EP track. Ofc the problem is time, right?

PEOPLE can now vote on BPM like I said above, but ALSO vote for what speech sample you like ! I have a whole bunch, but not typical "goa" speech, or does anyone like Pearl Harbour under attack or Hitler or Taxi Driver movie in a PSYNEWS song ?:huh: Btw. in case of Hitler and PH both the speakers are dead now, is there still copyright on them :ph34r:? Other samples I remember to have, Apocalypse Now,2-3 xCNN news, 4-5x diverse horror/B-movies...these famous films might be problematic with copyright I guess...

4 minutes ago, Multi-Media said:

Ofc the problem is time, right?

Yep :) Also I don't really make goa, I'm more into proggy/full-on style.

Iirc I made that mini-track just to test the Diva sofware synth (it's all Diva except the drums). I don't think I ever going to put more effort into this track but I don't mind giving away the synth parts if someone wants to use them somewhere.

I typcially start any track with making the kick/bass combo and when I add the first lead synth into the project I already know what will be the key and the bpm. But it's just me.

9 minutes ago, recursion loop said:

Yep :) Also I don't really make goa, I'm more into proggy/full-on style.

I typcially start any track with making the kick/bass combo and when I add the first lead synth into the project I already know what will be the key and the bpm. But it's just me.

Prog/F.O. is part of the psynews world too. There is no law that it needs to be goa or "darkpsy" whatever. Until the admins say there is a law :)
I am not very organized like you tbh. I do not know at the beginning at all how a track would sound. But I also have no genre - guess there are 5-6 genres in which my tracks could count.. 

20 minutes ago, Multi-Media said:

I am not very organized like you tbh. I do not know at the beginning at all how a track would sound. But I also have no genre - guess there are 5-6 genres in which my tracks could count.. 

When you make "modern" psy, it's much easier to make leads when you already kick/bass/drums. Making kick/bass/drums when you already have leads is a total nightmare. Been there, done that.

In case of more freeform music I think it doesn't really matter, you may start with a cowbell or whatever. 

For this track let's say G Minor (or G Phrygian), 138 bpm. 

• Like 1

Ok. Votings so far (will make an average of all votes)

130, MM
138, RL

I just keep the 130 for now and post a snippet some day.
One can make a mix with the later agreed on BPM if more votes.
Or if someone has a cool sample idea... I guess the drugs and consqiousness related samples are quite boring/stylistic these days, so perhaps come up with something different but still fitting the genre(s)?? And not to well known and not "stolen" from other songs.

@recursion loop: Can you provide your melody at 130 for now - only if you think it works at that tempo or must be faster - like you wish :) Or whatever you like to include. For others the same of course...remember only if you have fun with it, should not be seen as "work" :)

9 hours ago, recursion loop said:

I think that track was much faster than 130, and it probably won't sound good is slowed down. I can make some new melodies for 130 bpm

Yeah eg. 2 thingies for 130 would be enough (if you have the time), but keep the 138 "on reserve" for a possible faster mix later. If other people come in too perhaps, it could be enough for 2 tracks actually (130+138):

EDIT, YUP 130 is too slow I noted now...!
Also it is not "oldschool goa" -  Vera´s "acid line" and some sound effects however should be compatible to the genre. As a noob in genres I would say some crossover Techno-Psy..

12 hours ago, Multi-Media said:

Download worked, also importing it..
But have a question is there an easy way to make 3 seperate tracks from the drumtrack, this one contains all drums and percs in your file. I did this the same years ago, but using 3 seperate tracks for eg. kick, snare and "higher up stuff" is way easier to EQ etc. I could ofc just copy the notes to a new track but is a bit too fiddly and time consuming...

Time consuming huh...all right, here you go:

http://www.veracohr.com/Psynews_Track_V.mid

I had it at 138 BPM, and in my software the tempo is in the MIDI file. Is that not the case for other people? Obviously that's the tempo I thought sounded best for it, but anyone can try it in any tempo to see how it works.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Veracohr said:

I had it at 138 BPM, and in my software the tempo is in the MIDI file. Is that not the case for other people? Obviously that's the tempo I thought sounded best for it, but anyone can try it in any tempo to see how it works.

Great thanks, I already noted that slow 130 did not work for your midi..:) See post above...
I do not know how to find the tempo in midi files :wacko: Guess it was in the text document, too lol 

I mean the tempo is embedded in the .mid file. When I open that file, the tempo is set automatically to 138. I suppose it’s possible that my software (Digital Performer) embeds that detail in a way other software doesn’t recognize.