The Psynews Track?? (second try)

Hello people

Psynews is already around for a long time and we already have two compilations in the name of this forum afaik ... but it has not yet occurred to me that we have a Psynews track!!

There was a VERY honorable attempt by some of our members to create one: https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/53712-the-psynews-track
... but this was damn 10 YEARS AGO!!!

And the outcome is GONE from the net ... all links dead. 

So, can we make a second try? We have a number of very talented psy music creators on this forum here. I am sure you can do something, don't you think?

I offer my contribution (or rather Skeletone's contribution - more precisely, I'd ask my mate if we together want to so something on the track :P ) aswell if we need some more ppl for it.

But let's see who's with the idea. Anyone?

PS: anyone's got the old files?

• 6 months later...

What is a "real producer" (definition?), only one with huge FB,Insta etc., pages and one signed with a big label?
I am not real too for sure;)

How much do you guys work on music btw.? And how long does it take to complete a song (or track?) 

On 7/12/2020 at 1:43 PM, recursion loop said:

Don't pretend to be a "real producer" but I know a thing or two about DAWs, synths, music production and theory. Here are my attempts if someone is interested

So if this really happens I don't mind contributing something.

It sounds as real as any producer I've listened to. Reminds me of Goa trance a bit ;)  But seriously, good sounds, you should put it out. Submit it to labels at least..

It's at least as good as anything out there, and better than most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fluorosis said:

It sounds as real as any producer I've listened to. Reminds me of Goa trance a bit ;)  But seriously, good sounds, you should put it out. Submit it to labels at least..

It's at least as good as anything out there, and better than most.

Actually the latest tracks might be released at some point.

• 1 month later...

So I thought about this a little, but I have to say that there's not that much to offer at the moment from my side. Haven't been in the studio with my mate since months - and now they're moving out of it anyway. Have to get a production environment going ... then I can contribute.

My level is this right now ... made this track out of building blocks myself ... not really a great thing skill-wise, it was just made by patching together building blocks  - and no mastering:

I got a better one lying around, but I have to see if I still have the files - it won't be good without any files...

19 hours ago, RTP said:

My level is this right now ... made this track out of building blocks myself ... not really a great thing skill-wise, it was just made by patching together building blocks  - and no mastering:

it's a great skill to have. i have a "track" sitting around with all the building blocks and no idea how to piece them together.

so then we have rtp, mudpeople, recursion loop, veracohr and myself willing to contribute something. is this enough to get the thing started? do we have any ideas about the style yet?

Would be kinda epic if everyone just add their stylistic touch to a track :D a Frankenstein's monster of psystyles. I can add some dark goa flavour. I like to make melodies.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, recursion loop said:

I can add some genuine fullon cheese, think Electro Sun, Intersys, Indra etc. 

Always wanted to do something in that vein, just needed a proper excuse :D

That would be really nice, I know you could add some killer bass/kick combo for sure.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, astralprojection said:

someone just needs to get the ball rolling i guess :)

Yeah I need to roll out of my bed to begin with, it feels like I'm tethered to Netflix lately. It's like an episode of Black Mirror lol :mellow: 

• Sad 1

I'm wondering if perhaps the psynews contest forum section which was active the last time 16 years ago or something, could be a thing again? To add some competitive edge to it :rolleyes: Kinda funny browsing through that forum, seeing artists who are now released on several labels, beeing very eager back then to get some recognition. :) If it could inspire some potential new hidden talent out there then why not?

• Sad 1

Here's something I started several years ago and never got anywhere with. I don't know if there's anything worthwhile there but it's the best offering I have right now.

The linked ZIP file has a standard MIDI file, a WAV file of the audio below, a WAV file with one of the tracks that isn't in the MIDI file, and a text file.

http://www.veracohr.com/Psynews_Track_(Veracohr_Basic).mp3

http://www.veracohr.com/Psynews_Track_(Veracohr_Basic).zip

Edited by Veracohr
Renamed linked files