Miranda, new album ?

Guest Jon Cocco

BEAUTIFUL POST. This is a TOPIC question I have been seriously thinking of posting recently. I FUCKING love Miranda's music. It is extremely cool, adrenaline pumping psytrance! I have been waiting since her last Asynja (if thats how its spelled) release all the way back in 2002. I too am wondering what is going on, when will her next album come out. Its been over two years already, lets go!!! I'm gonna go check out that link above to her site right now.

Good post, its nice to know other people care about Miranda besides myself. She totally ROCKS!!! The only album I haven't heard is PHENOMENA, I can't seem to find it on CD anywhere!!! I wonder if it was ever released on CD, I don't know why but it was released on the 12'' vinal, who the fuck buys those anyway??? They are totally not popular in the US, isn't Vinal like record players anyway? Anyone know where I can find Phenomena on CD, her first album, supposedly her best I was told too! :)

later

JC

Guest doppleganger

Yes. Miranda - Phenomena was released on CD on Koyote Records in 1996. But unfortunately for you, I think Koyote Records went bankrupt so I guess you'll have to find a used cd of this album (good luck).

For me, I don't really care about vinal, but vinyls, oh yeah I fucking do.

Guest Mergi

I would really like to have Miranda - Phenomena 3xLP... I found it once but I didn't buy it, such stupid decision.

I have a feeling Distance Records released her Phenomena album as well, maybe that one is easier to find...

"But unfortunately for you, I think Koyote Records went bankrupt"

Actually it HASN'T!!! everybody thought Koyote Records were dead for good but they just released a new comp this year!! It's called "Random"

SMI²LE

Guest krize

Jon Cocco; free download of Miranda albums and stuff (and Phenomena hehehe ;)))

http://www.miranda.nu/freedownloads.html

(Downloads

Here you can get my new unreleased tracks,

old tracks and more..

All Mp3's are in 128 kbps 44 khz

Right-Click on link to download.

Choose "Save As...".

Phenomena

Released : 1996

Label : Koyote rec U.K

1. Steps to the stars

2. Subtropical Forest

3. Andalgalornis

4. Labyrinth

5. Green man

6. Phenomena

7. Weigthless

8. Concorde

Real rush

Released : 1997

Label : Distance (France)

1. Wicked dream

2. Real rush

3. Le Passage

4. Year 2000

5. Aquarium

6. Ama-zone

7. Disco

8. Freakshow

9. Second Step To The Stars

Misc

1. Triplexus

2. Gnocchi (org)

Unreleased

Dancing in the moonlight

In the name of love

Naja

Others

1. Stampa med Leroy.avi

(only in swedish)

2. Stampremix.avi

(only in swedish)

Great !!!

Guest Kristian

Yea, great... From what I've heard Miranda won't release anymore albums coz it ain't profitible anylonger (therefor she has decided to publish her stuff as MP3s on her website). One of the problems must surely be due to the fact that people are downloading the MP3s instead of buying the albums, supporting the artists.

Guest Jon Cocco

Yes Krize,

Thanks, I actually noticed about a week ago that someone above posted the link to Mirandas site, I e-mailed the site and I was later informed where to locate downloads of her first album, Phenomena, which I have had on my must-buy / must listen to "list" for around four years now, maybe longer! I am glad I have finally heard it! Wow, this must have been amazing for its time! Some of it seems totally improved as time progressed, like the Second Step to the Stars, for example, but yes!, it's soo nostalgic, the old classic sound of goatrance! This must have done a lot in 1996! I consider most of it really good even now, and it looks like its ageing quite nicely. Its also really interesting to hear her unreleased tracks too.

Kristian,

I hope she releases another album again! She can sell her copies via sites, stores in the UK, and/or when she plays on tour, if only I hope she makes another album for her fans and of course herself, because she is so creative and every album she makes is such an accomplishment, its just so cool to create an album, (because she makes it worth it!) even if sales aren't as big as they should be. I own her last three albums, starting with "Real Rush." I love the intro to Northern Lights, WOW!!! And the voices in I think the last track, the girl echoes over all those layers is stunning and unforgettable!!! ... BUT where did you hear Miranda won't release anymore albums? Do you know Miranda or do you have a contact? Not that its any of my business, but I ask that because if indeed what you say is true, I hope its at the least, true for now. Maybe she needs a couple vacations, some time off to party or explore other things and maybe play her previous hits and such on tour or at events/concerts or whatever its called that psytrance artists do when they tour... then maybe in 2005 or a couple years from now (again, if what you say is true) she'll find the energy to once again create what she does best!

I don't know of any other solo female artist that does all their work like Miranda, regarding this music. Her style is so pumped up, psychedelic, dark, sometimes atmospheric and very melodic, and always full of energy or very cool, catchy, and interesting! Whether to dance, listen, drive, etc... too, this is stuff that many people agree with me, stuff... this stuff is what we really like!

Miranda is great at creating this type of music. I agree that she is the queen of psytrance and every trance around! She must know this, see this, realize how talented and truly cool her work really is. She puts TIME into it and LOTS of mixing, lots of cool sounds and GOOD IDEAS that seem so lacking in this genre nowadays! She gives her tracks character and I can listen to one tune for a second and instantly know what track its from, thats how great/good/top/awesome/memorable ... many of her tracks really are! This is the one thing she is great at; creating. That is what she does best to my knowledge! If she goes, we lose so much in this genre. She has done THAT much for this music and I'd love to take her out for dinner sometime in the near future and collaborate some amazing, ambitious, intricate, ground breaking ideas I have for a dream album with her. I just appreciate her work that much. It is art and some of the very best, and this is coming from someone who is very critical and analytical!

Cheers from the USA! :)

JC

Guest Kristian

I heard it from a friend of mine who know Miranda. The reason why she said she won't release another album is (like I said) because it's so nonprofitible nowadays. Both because of people downloading the MP3s instead of buying the music but also because of the recordcompanies not giving the artists their share of the sale. Therefor, she has also said that forthcoming tracks (or albums) will be published as MP3s only on her website and downloaded for free. But things may change, ofcourse, who knows... People might start buying CDs again (if they are sold in resonable prices). And labels might start giving their artists their fair share of the salesment.

Let's hope for a better future for all the artists.

I remember playing Step to the stars back when it came out at this party, and the bit where it breaks down, and then comes back full on, wow, the people went crazy, was such a great moment

Guest Jon Cocco

I hope Rerecorded is all new mixes of those songs, as opposed to the same songs, remastered or whatever. And I hope they really rock and aren't just a compilation of some of Miranda's best tracks, like Juno Reactor recently did. I don't see the point other than to make money,... I'm not saying Miranda is doing that, I don't know the purpose of her upcoming release, but I hope it isn't anything like Juno did, putting out tracks we've all already heard, thats all. Can anyone confirm what "Rerecorded" means and if it is all new mixes on those songs?

Also, if she is still working on mixing stuff I do hope she eventually breaks out with another killer album!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...