Psychedelic Superbeast

Wow i feel that not only goa is dying...Psynews is dying too.

RTP    67
21 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

i make stuff like this:

its not bad .really i think i could do so some goa with a dude who hase same imagination and maybe a better knowledge in sound design.

Is here somenone pls cantact me....?

dear Deadrah, you have a new follower on Soundcloud :P 

oh and ... there's this Skeletone project I am doing with a friend ... not goa anymore ... but we would not be put off if it was goa again ... listen through, link in my sig

is that what you're looking for?

but this may better be continued in pm

14 minutes ago, dhollmusik said:

What is This Morn Omina? 

for example:

13 minutes ago, dhollmusik said:

Is there not already a Psynews youtube channel? 

D: :o ... ummm ... no?

there's a playlist "Psynews 2017" ... but it has nothing to do with us or has it? At least not that I know...

• Like 1

RTP    67

Here's one for you to chew on what the future could bring:

We could bundle our resources together to create a computer program that produces endless streams of good psytrance music for us all to enjoy B)
Think: endless stream of computer generated music perfection ... several streams, one for each genre ... premium services for parties with express ultra-high bandwith streams right up to the Funktion One speakers of the festivals for a fee to keep our site going :P

the VMs this service runs on are just a click away to rent, all that's left is to program that baby

Riton    0

Had too many good memories here to see this place die. 15 years for me nearly damn...
Must bring pavel back too lol

On 11/22/2019 at 2:27 PM, RTP said:

Here's one for you to chew on what the future could bring:

We could bundle our resources together to create a computer program that produces endless streams of good psytrance music for us all to enjoy B)
Think: endless stream of computer generated music perfection ... several streams, one for each genre ... premium services for parties with express ultra-high bandwith streams right up to the Funktion One speakers of the festivals for a fee to keep our site going :P

the VMs this service runs on are just a click away to rent, all that's left is to program that baby

Philosomatika.fm

RTP    67
21 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

Philosomatika.fm

Hello - yes, this is a radio station playing existing tracks ... I was thinking computer generated music stream meaning: no track ever played will sound the same as they are composed in realtime...

So you want to stream the GMS Psytrance Generator 24/7 without edits? Interesting premise... :D

• Haha 2

Dolmot    161

You could also sell the output as a bunch of YSE compilations. (Except that you should drop the "no track ever played will sound the same" requirement.)

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

• Haha 1

mars    141
On 11/19/2019 at 10:13 PM, RTP said:

Is that a good mindset to have for the future of this forum or not?

Sure.

Any ideas are welcome. Psynews is all yours and you shall do whatever feels good for it if you want it tu survive beyond its 20th bday :)

Insejn    63

I rarely have time to listen to psy yet alone reading this forum. It's kinda sad really but what are you gonna do? Life happend :) 

If you compare psynews with what it once was it has been dying for some time now. But it's been so many years now and that is amazing.

Wabax    4

Hi there

I understand your feelings regarding the forum and the decrease of contributions.

I am quite new here on psynews and this last year I became very assiduous, consulting the forum, your reviews, your 20XX tops, ... to explore every day deeper the wonderful world of good electronic psy music :D thank you!

All that to say if you think psynews is dying, well, it is not yet. It still has the power to trigger passion and enthousiasm. Maybe it just need a kick in the butt to be more dynamic, but the machine works.

No solution in my post, I agree, just a different sight, and a strong support from a newcomer! I am sure there are plenty!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Padmapani    396

making your first post here is a step towards giving psynews the kick in the butt it needs. welcome :) 

RTP    67

hello all,

the first step for the next 20 years has been taken: we have now a YouTube channel

and we have a first video out ... an interview with Children = one of our founders

...if the name Children doesn't ring a bell with you, I suggest you head over right now and watch it :) 

(seriosuly please, don't make me brag here how profound this is ... Children has been "inactive" for many of the last years ... it's a very special thing that he decided to step forth and do an interview for us - and we also have to thank Mars for this a huge lot because he was the one making contact again)

more here: https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/75788-psynews-youtube-channel-it-is-now-live/

#HappyBirthdayPsynews.ORG

• Like 2

NOICE!

I have addet Psynews Channel to my suggestions. (People who visit me see your channel on the right side)

So where is the new musical content? ;P

i am sure the other Psy Dudes on YT will promote Psynews Official if you ask... most of them are lurking here anyways to suck knowledge and expand their theretory...joke.

DJ Electric Samurai can share his Subs. He has too much of them ;) 

Diaks    24

Everything goes in cycles, so if goa trance is dying. Let it die, and be reborn again.

• Like 1

Diaks    24

I’m quite sure changing the forum name to technonews would solve all problems. :D

There would be an increase in visitors for sure.

However I’m sure that, with how trends come and go within electronic music. At some point techno will become more and more trancey/melodic, as it allready has to some extent. And it probably will be indistinguisable from trance.

Most likely it will develop similarly to how techno diverged into different sub-genres in the 90s.

And then someone will undoubtedly add some psychedelic elements or goa melodies. And the circle will be complete once again.

Most likely the people who jumped to techno from psy, will influence the sound of techno in that direction.

recursion loop    488
17 minutes ago, Diaks said:

At some point techno will become more and more trancey/melodic

I keep reading about that melodic/trancey wave in techno. This actually sounds like something I could enjoy, could you point me some artists/labels etc?

Diaks    24
31 minutes ago, recursion loop said:

I keep reading about that melodic/trancey wave in techno. This actually sounds like something I could enjoy, could you point me some artists/labels etc?

this one sounds very similar in the sound to prog or some psy. Not so melodic but there is something in the atmosphere which hints at something.

This is clearly more melodic, and the artist himself describes his style as melodic techno.

I think some modern melodic techno is very reminiscent of Harthouse in the 90s.

This track reminds me of some of the less melodic tracks from Flying Rhino.

• Thanks 1

recursion loop    488
12 minutes ago, Diaks said:

Thanks, this indeed sounds nice... too nice I'd say. Softer and more melancholic that I'd like. I like the melodies though.

Diaks    24
19 minutes ago, recursion loop said:

Thanks, this indeed sounds nice... too nice I'd say. Softer and more melancholic that I'd like. I like the melodies though.

Perhaps this is a bit darker melodic and less soft? The full track is around 6 min on spotify, shorter 4 minute ”teaser” on youtube.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, recursion loop said:

i think you will like that one too...the whole track is awesome but i love the part from 3:26

• Like 1