Xamanist - Out of Time [ALBUM]: Out now on SY Records

xamanist-out-of-time-cover-front-syrecords.thumb.jpg.7e8df88f3ee9ffb03657f4586c25a2f5.jpg

xamanist-out-of-time-cover-back.thumb.jpg.7cf7b948b34e585ad62da41486c1a588.jpg

Artist: Xamanist

Album: Out of Time

Label: SY Records

Artwork: Peter Paxx

Release date: September 16th 2019

Samples: Out of Time samples

Buy it here: Out of Time on Beatport

I have the pleasure and the excitement to announce that my third album "Out of Time" is out now, released by SY Records on Beatport!
3 years of work and inspiration concluded into 9 diverse tracks that navigate to, from and between the realms of goa, psychedelic and progressive trance.

In every track I experimented something diferent: diverse approaches, sounds and structures. On some of them I consciously intended to target a more oldschool goa aesthetic, on others I let the stories translate into a more modern sound, without any rule other than personal taste and enjoyment.

I hope the thrill that envolved this album's making passes through the music to you in a joyfull way!

As always I welcome any feedback and I thank the time you dedicate to listen to my music. Enjoy :)

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:49 PM, Tsotsi said:

How very exciting to see your avatar in my feed. 

I'll be picking this up this week. 

Thank you!

19 hours ago, Richpa said:

Great album from start to finish! Highly recommended if you're into different Goa vibe than usual.

Congrats Sérgio!

Thank you my friend, I'm very glad you liked it!

had to dust off my account to post for this one...

it's been a while since an album hit the target with as deadly accuracy as this one

I remember Xamanist had the misfortune of releasing the previous album "7" on Dec 31st 2016... it would have surely been on the best of 2016 lists except i think most people had made up their mind by the last day of the year... and the idea of putting a super-late 2016 album in a best of 2017 list is a whole other bag of worms... anyways, "7" was one of the best albums within the 365 day period that surrounded it's release, and "Out of Time" continues that tradition

this album sounded amazing for me in the hypnagogic state... letting the precise details transport me into a world Out of Time, only to be woken up by that pulsing melody... wild and untamed yet still under the precise control of a master

one of the things that i think differentiates neo-goa and old-goa is the confidence of the pioneers in letting simpler sounds linger without overloading the track with effects...  it's much easier to groove with something that shifts gears smoothly rather than redlining the whole way through, and Xamanist's album is just that...  never intrusively begging for attention but rather takes me along for a ride that i can't help but want to go on

undoubtedly an incredible achievement!

5/5

Edited by gfp1

@gfp1 Thank you so much for you amazing review and kind words! And thank you for taking the time to listen to the album and write this review.
Reading your words I feel we connected through the music, and that's what it is all about for me :)

Looking back I think you're right, "7" wasn't released on a very good date. The funny thing is that I tried very hard to release it still on 2016 to keep the meaning of 7 tracks, 7 years since the first album. I still remember Basilisk from Ektoplazm pushing it to the limit in the last week to finish the artwork and release it on time (thanks Alexander!).

Very glad you liked it! Boom

I got to spit my mind here. I loved the first album "Initiation". I did not think as much of "7". I think this new album "Out of Time" is better than both of them! IMO

When will the "Out of Time" LP be released on your personal Bandcamp page? 

http://xamanist.bandcamp.com

E. I listened to "7" again in full. It's great! ; ) 

Long live Xamanist 

• Like 1

Hi @psytones, what's up?

Thank you for your kind words!
For now there's no plan to release the album on my Bandcamp, this one was released with SY Records and we split the profits.

Glad that "7" spreaded its charm on you, is slower and more laid back but has it's magic! :)

Boom

The stars, clouds, the ceiling..:) 

Ok. Why not split that profit as well? Bandcamp has like a 40% or 60% (??) of the buyers marked (dont quote me in that % but I can find the quote later).. Aka. Important page for people to find your music on. I can't find Sy Records on BC at all? If so if I can ask, why not? .facebook.com/syrecordssy/

Yes i noticed;) "Liquid Slow Dance" friendly, I'm sure.

Ps. i know label profile on BC is expencive ... For KER im thinking about paying for it.  But i dont have the funds and donno if i wanna risk that potensial lo$$. *fuck money wear a condom*

Yap, that might be a good idea, I'll talk to them about releasing the album on my BC and split the profit with them. It's strange that I have a new album and it's not on my own personal BC, thanks for the suggestion!