after festival waste - psy parties perspective

Prao

Alright, I'm not sure this is the right place for this post, so the admins are free to move it if necessary.

I have just seen this article about after festival waste https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49494957?fbclid=IwAR2StD_vCjEFA2_M1NbuZ9c_4QjVik4Mt4JK0R0_ronk858msJHtJlN3m4w

(For those who can't be arsed to read the link, in the UK, it's very common to leave your trash - tent, rubbish, sleeping gear etc.- on the site before leaving. I don't get that mentality at all.)

This is very common in the UK, apparently (I never go to festivals in the UK, because... I don't like 24/7 rain.), and I am wondering if the same thing happens at psy festivals.

The psy scene seems to be more "eco-friendly" to an extent. I've been to Boom and haven't seen any rubbish on the floor, even after 5 days. But I've never stayed to festivals till the very end. So I'd like to know if this is also something that happens in psy fests.

Do stompers leave their trash behind, thinking the good little volunteers will collect everything? Or is there more a sense of responsibility towards the organisers and the environment?

Thanks all for your replies.

over here, some people leave trash behind while others collect more trash than their own. coupled with a few dedicated people from the organisation, it is pretty clean at psy festivals overall. and certainly much cleaner than at other kinds of festivals.

I was the only person (that I saw) who brought their own dish and utensils with me to the food/vend area at ZNA last week. The places I bought food at even commented on how others weren't doing this.

I was kinda disappointed.