Elysium - Live...And Beyond

thanosp81

Only 20% left to reach the target :) 

http://kck.st/2KsG8mp

Digital Reprints (UK) and Kristian Thinning combine their forces to bring you another awesome release. Limited to 100 copies, 4xCDs full of music never before released on a physical media. 
Tracks from Elysium, Sheyba, Wombatmusic and Stereo Dwarf. Check the bandcamp link for full tracklist.

Bandcamp

"The project will be limited to 100 copies worldwide. 10 of those copies will be signed by Kristian and all of them will be hand-numbered. 4 CDs in an 8-panel digipack with a slipcase. The first 2 CDs will be his live versions, the 3rd will be a collection of side projects and tunes, including some unreleased material. And the 4th disc will be a compilation of downtempo tracks to chill you out, introducing his most recent alter ego, Stereo Dwarf, released for the first time."
Please share...

10 hours ago, Paul Eye said:

Not giving him another cent until he releases the album he promised years ago.

A logical and expected reaction which I fully understand. I wasn't aware of the fundraiser back then so I do not how I would react/feel if I was in the same situation. Maybe in the end it's about whether you think the music is worth more than the character/attitude? I don't know, each individual sets his own limits. I think his music is way too good to let this opportunity pass.

• 2 weeks later...

And you will be robbed. 

You may read about the previous heist here

I want to make clear here this is not personal, there's no hate, no vangeance or anything like that. I love Elysium music. But people need to be informed that the delivery part of the deal is pretty much never fulfilled. 

Believing in this new fundraiser is like believing in a version of Santa Claus that slips a paper under your door on December 25th and asks you to pay if you want to get some gift, and when you're stupid enough to slip a banknote in return, you can hear his car revving before you even get the chance to open the door or read his plate number. 

Oh BTW no Elysium at ZNA 2019. Like in 2017. Like... baaaah fuck this. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, mars said:

And you will be robbed. 

I will politely ask you to remove this as I take personal offence from this post. This Kickstarter is run by me, not Kristian. I have been supporting the Psy Trance scene with my wallet for 25 years now, longer than a lot of people here. Starting with no experience and running the projects alone, I have successfully completed 7 Kickstarter projects, something that I still consider magical. All the projects are with artists that a lot of record labels would be drooling over having them in their roster. 

As in every project run before Elysium, I secure all the audio files before starting the campaign. I don't want to end up with thousand of pounds in my pocket and no music to release. And so is the case here as you can see on my Bandcamp page. This project is run by me and only me and there is nothing that can go wrong. If Kristian failed to deliver to his fundraiser is irrelevant.

My point here is not to defend Kristian (and I haven't since I have no personal knowledge about the issues and as a way of life I do not jump to conclusions). I just want to stress that this project will be fulfilled and I will be the Santa Clauss bearing gifts for the people who decide to get in my list :P 

5 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

I will politely ask you to remove this as I take personal offence from this post. This Kickstarter is run by me, not Kristian. I have been supporting the Psy Trance scene with my wallet for 25 years now, longer than a lot of people here. Starting with no experience and running the projects alone, I have successfully completed 7 Kickstarter projects, something that I still consider magical. All the projects are with artists that a lot of record labels would be drooling over having them in their roster. 

As in every project run before Elysium, I secure all the audio files before starting the campaign. I don't want to end up with thousand of pounds in my pocket and no music to release. And so is the case here as you can see on my Bandcamp page. This project is run by me and only me and there is nothing that can go wrong. If Kristian failed to deliver to his fundraiser is irrelevant.

My point here is not to defend Kristian (and I haven't since I have no personal knowledge about the issues and as a way of life I do not jump to conclusions). I just want to stress that this project will be fulfilled and I will be the Santa Clauss bearing gifts for the people who decide to get in my list :P 

your a poet..... and you know it!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, technosomy said:

for sure, in defense of digital reprints, thanos has gone into this with full awareness, from what i understand all deals have been done, and the money is going straight to him

Exactly like that. In addition, I choose the artists purely based on my personal musical taste, irrespective of which one is more possible to succeed. I had Elysium in my mind from the beginning to be honest and I took the shot. And it looks its gonna be a successfully concluded campaign as well.

3 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

Exactly like that. In addition, I choose the artists purely based on my personal musical taste, irrespective of which one is more possible to succeed. I had Elysium in my mind from the beginning to be honest and I took the shot. And it looks its gonna be a successfully concluded campaign as well.

good on you, i have never been a huge fan of his music but appreciate his talent, but like others pissed off in his ethics and moral corruption but for the greater good sometimes you have to seprerate the 2, kind of like being a burzum fan (some may get what am saying)

On 8/27/2019 at 8:14 AM, thanosp81 said:

Right. But ok I'll hide my post.

7 hours ago, BogzBinny said:

Congrats Thanos for reaching the goal! Any idea when this will come out?

Thank you :) The estimated shipping days were October and November for the normal and signed version respectively. 

It takes 3 weeks for the funds to clear at which point you will receive your Bandcamp download code. We started working on the cover and after it is finished we will send the files to the printing factory. The printing process takes about 3 weeks.So essentially, the unknown factor is how fast we are going to end up with a cover we like :) 

Anything else, let me know.

Just to add on the Elysium issue:

From personal knowledge there are 4 occasions where Elysium was booked and didn't come:

Athens, Greece - Friend's party with Arkanoydz (flight booked)
ZNA 2017 and 2019 - Don't know the financials
Japan, Matsuri. Prepaid and flight booked. Never went, never returned his fee. I was at ZNA with Hiroko when Masa was playing instead of Space Dwarves (Kristian's project) and she mentioned this.

In fact, before the fest started I said to the Goa Constrictor: "I bet Kristian bails on this as usual" 
It was an easy guess.

Wish I'd seen this yesterday (finished today), would have been part of it.

2 hours ago, Trunksan said:

Just to add on the Elysium issue:

From personal knowledge there are 4 occasions where Elysium was booked and didn't come:

Athens, Greece - Friend's party with Arkanoydz (flight booked)
ZNA 2017 and 2019 - Don't know the financials
Japan, Matsuri. Prepaid and flight booked. Never went, never returned his fee. I was at ZNA with Hiroko when Masa was playing instead of Space Dwarves (Kristian's project) and she mentioned this.

In fact, before the fest started I said to the Goa Constrictor: "I bet Kristian bails on this as usual" 
It was an easy guess.

Wish I'd seen this yesterday (finished today), would have been part of it.

you maybe lucky as usually a few spare, contact thanos direct 

Once again, I am here only for the art and I am extremely happy that this project concluded successfully as well. One of the big names of the original Goa Trance era and by the looks of it his last release as Elysium? 

42 minutes ago, technosomy said:

you maybe lucky as usually a few spare, contact thanos direct 

As always you are correct. Although I will have to keep a file with all the orders I have after the Kickstarter ended, lol. 

The producer set Kristian had prepared for ZNA 2019 will be available on Bandcamp with the Limited Edition Live...And Beyond digipack. It includes 3 unreleased tracks :) One more reason to wait for the Bandcamp codes eh? 2 and a half hours of total bliss.

On Bandcamp there's an option to put a release, or a track on the release, as NYP (name your price = zero, or more, ka-ching!). Like this example, where the Album costs 9€ but the individual tracks are free/NYP (approved by the labels, all income from this page goes to Material Music)

:  https://materialmusic.bandcamp.com/track/superconscious-minds-synchro-science

I don't know Kristian's plan, when and if is going to be available on Bandcamp. I presume it will be for NYP.  What I do know is that will be available from my Bandcamp to anyone that purchases a copy of the box set :D 

• 3 weeks later...

The last few copies are available now for purchase on Bandcamp. You get an immediate download of all 32 tracks (3 unreleased) + a download for Kristian's ZNA 2019 producer mix (containing  3 extra unreleased tracks).

We are currently working on the artwork so at this point release date is start of November

https://digitalreprints.bandcamp.com/album/live-and-beyond

Thank you for all your support  :) 

• 1 month later...

75580494_2420639208195424_20461625133341

All the files have been sent to the printing factory. I wait for the final proofs to arrive and then off for printing. Usually from this moment it takes for 3 weeks for me to get the boxes to my hands. Can't wait :) :) :) 

• 1 month later...