Title: Birth Of Time
Label: Self-released
Date: July 3, 2019

Tracklist:-

1. Procreating the Universe
2. Birth Of Time
3. Cosmogenesis
4. Abode Of The Clouds

The Maniac is one of my favourite artists to follow. Not only do we get a consistent stream of releases, those very releases showcase a jump in talent time after time. Ranging from the free, to the inexpensive, to money well spent, This guy is starting to deliver big time.

I'm currently in Indonesia and can say that this release brings me far more joy than the $20 pair of bright yellow cartier sunglasses that I got yesterday. Those mother fafa's just make everything brighter, but in a, you about to squint more than what you did before laying down that 200,000 rupiahs sort of way. Wearing these wackers just made my life harder.  Incidentally, The Maniac also made everything brighter, but in a, press play and watch your brain come alive with shapes and colours sort of way. Throw this album on and ride your Honda scooter at max speed down the highway while dodging tourist patrol sort of way. 

Procreating The Universe has some big loud zooms that synthesis your mind while the usual crazy leads that could wake Proxeeus Cthulthu reincarnate up on a sunday morning. 

Birth of Time follows the style with some big zips that the most advanced ear candling ceremony couldn't wipe from your mind. It's bright sunshine that I would be dancing too if it wasn't so damn hot right now. I wouldn't have minded a change in the lead tone as it ends up feeling like longer than 9.37 minutes but its fun while its fun.

Cosmogenesis Comes in with a different and exciting intro that eases you slowly into a trance, when the leads hit they hit like a 7 seater Diahatsu that just saw the tide retract 300 metres from the shore. The leads in this track are doing exactly what i wanted them to do in the last one. A great track with some nice paino-esc synth work.

For a moment you get the impression that The Maniac is going to chill out a bit. The title, the intro, but not the artist. No sirs & ma'ams. This is my favourite on the list, a track to put your arms out and float through the universe of Javanese flavours, the Nebula's of Sumatran short ribs, and wormholes of soft Rendang. Less intense but still there with the leads that make you the same old phrase 'How the F^ck did he do those on a phone'? 

For only 50,000 Rupiahs what are you waiting for? Give it a spin and support a talent on a trajectory to greatness.

https://themaniac1.bandcamp.com/album/birth-of-time

image.png