Does anybody else miss melodic full-on?

recursion loop

The Silicon Sound thread reminded me on this, It was the subgenre that has actually hooked me and made me a psytrance fan. But it seems to have died out by now. I mean, 144-146 bpm, trancy melodies, smooth and soft morning sound. Often borderline cheesy (well, sometimes not even borderline), not really psychedelic but still very enjoyable.

Any ideas why music like this is not made anymore?

• Like 2

I fell in love with psy for the same reasons. I want to assure you (and myself) that the moment i got in contact with the genre, i knew i'm gonna do whatewer it takes to master my way through and be able to release my energies in our beloved way. 10 years passed,  im on my way, and now i also know im not alone, there is actually an army of people training, mastering the art, and getting ready for the honor to speak the psychedelic language to the beat-hungry open hearts on the planet :)

• Like 1

I too love a sunrise set of some melodic full on.. early protoculture style is just perfect for that time imo.

No idea really why its not as prevalent nowdays. U Recken and those guys are still making music though his later stuff hasnt grabbed me as much.

Hopefully someone here knows some nice new stuff for us! 

6 hours ago, Shpongled247 said:

I too love a sunrise set of some melodic full on.. early protoculture style is just perfect for that time imo.

No idea really why its not as prevalent nowdays. U Recken and those guys are still making music though his later stuff hasnt grabbed me as much.

Hopefully someone here knows some nice new stuff for us! 

U recken is mostly making prog now. Not bad and quite melodic at times, but indeed not really as exciting as his older stuff. Other people who were making this kind of fullon are either silent now or make some different music. 

Digicult recently uploaded a track to youtube, no idea if he is going to release it officially but it's awesome

but I think that's an old track actually.

Neuroplasm's The Art of Melting Time and E-Mov's Stellar Loom have some nice melodic bits that remind me of that old full-on, not really a melodic storm like old Protoculture or U-Recen but some decent melodic parts here and there.

Also some elements of that melodic/morning full-on may be occasionally found in some random tracks every now and then, but I can't think of any artist/label who would consistently release music in that style now.

• Like 1

Alternative Control will always be my favorite full-on project and they were first psy producers that I met even before I started music production, some 13-14 years ago when I was high school kid... oh so much fancy stories from gigs they did around the globe, they were one to encourage me to start with my own production, amazing guys!

• 1 month later...

yeah i miss it. i remember the summer of 2003, it was fullon all the way, and i think i remember i had like dozens of good tracks from then, but turns out, its just a few. couple talamasca stuff (not his albums, VA stuff), silicon sound, and some other generic stuff that sounded great (space monkey for example).

seems that style died out very quickly for some reason!

U-Recken is awesome btw, a bit muddy and boomy, but really really good stuff. in fact im gonna check out every single track from your OP recursion :) i havent heard most of them =)

7 hours ago, recursion loop said:

Interesting what you say about U_recken, I think he has some of the best basslines ever made on overall top-notch production, better than the average I think.

haha really? :D

well then, that is indeed interesting :) i guess its a bit subjective, i prefer the more miniscule kick+basses (i.e filteria and the likes) but i do like powerful stuff too ofc, this just sounded a bit much on the emphasis side, more than the balanced side. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/22/2019 at 8:00 PM, dhollmusik said:

The Omnipresence comp is very good, what I would call morning psy but I guess you can also call it melodic full-on.  Here's a Transdriver:

Amazing track! These melodies :wub:

Btw, that's the source of the samples, a Soviet cartoon called Hedgehog in the fog, pretty psychedelic in itself

Yeah I miss it. I also find this style reminds me more of the early twilight sound. A lot of people seem to indicate Nano does this style, but I find they are not very melodic & their releases star to sound very same same after awhile. 

Vertigo label from Russia really nailed  the crossover for me of fullon & forest sound but they have gonna real quite, no other label seems to fill the gap.