FLUKE ... and other fresh sounds

Hi!

I fell in love with Fluke, the album Puppy has got me. It was just the right thing I neded - it was fresh, beautiful, trancey electronic sound (not really psy, I know, but nevermind)! And the point is, that somebody here brought me to Fluke, because I saw it mentioned here and wanted to check this one out. Well, now I would like to ask if there are other fresh artists out there that are good to check out (maybe similar to Fluke, maybe not) ... it doesn't have to be psy, just fresh, beautiful and intelligent stuff, I'm continuously searching for that because I'm not a friend of that monotony that's slowly sneaking into this musical world...

Well, any good suggestions are welcome, I just wanna check out fresh stuff...

Guest DDrum

Many UK electronica artists don't follow the rules...

I am particularly impressed with the latest FSOL-TheIsness...Grab also the Otherness bonus CD which has a remix of 'goodbye sky' which sounds as if its escaped from the beatles White Album...

Also very nice is the new Banco di Gaia album, although a bit too much enya/sinead o'conner in places.

Also recommended is Squarepusher-Ultravisitor although I don't like the aphex twinness of some track. Its worth it for the Tetra Sync track alone though.

Guest Bahamut

sounds interesting

I just looove Fluke - Zion from the Matrix Reloaded... instantly became one of my favorite 'any-4/4-dance-style' tracks ever

Guest DDrum

The Zion track is not really representative for the puppy album...Rest has a more industrial, agressive feel. A bit too much imo but during the 2nd half of the CD Fluke slows down and some really superb tracks come along.

Ddrum is right, Zion is not the usual Fluke stuff. Normally they are a bit more industrial influenced, but for me this is a very good thing, because I like industrial! And Puppy is the excellent combination where the classical Fluke meets uplifting tunes as well.

Well, folks, thanks very much for the suggestions, I will check them out!

Guest grahf

Fluke has been going for more than 10 years, you know... Their sound has varied a lot over the years. My fav Fluke album is Risotto.

If you like fluke, try leftfield and underworld. in their own way, these artists are at least as drugged out as any trance. (by "drugged out" i mean = the music itself seems to be under the effect of a mindaltering drug)

Sasha and Digweed's Northern Exposure Series. Absolutely exquisite trance. Sasha's Airdrawndagger album is pretty good too if you like breaks.

Amon Tobin is also amazing, and also trippy in his own way. earlier albums are dark jazzy downtempo and DnB, and latest two are chaotic futuristic atmospheres and breakbeats. Words fail really.

I second the praise of the Isness/Otherness.

Ozric Tentacles. Inspirators of Simon Posford.

I was listening to B12 - Time Tourist a little bit ago. Not quite at the level as these other artists, but still interesting. My roommate says they sound a bit like Spacetime Continuum. I say they sound a bit like early 90's Autechre. It's somewhere inbetween, really.

Lemon Jelly for delightful bubbly chillout.

moving into what some would call "jam-bands..." I recommend Tortoise, Sound Tribe Sector Nine, and Particle.

ok that was a way bigger list than i thought it would be.. but fun to compile.

• 4 years later...

The only album I got is Risotto.

sheeeesh ... go get Puppy NOW! That's an order, soldier!

seriously ... I found Puppy better than Risotto ... although the latter one is great aswell.

I especially like the cover art on Risotto. Makes me wanna buy such a mixer.

oh yes and thread merge plz :)

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to check out fluke after going through both the threads. How do you define this music ? Techno meets Acid house meets rock ? or just plain electronica?

Some of it sounds really catchy listening to it first up. :)

Thanks for bringing it to the general attention of everybody, psytones. Wouldn't have got to know about them otherwise. :clapping:

Now i can't really say i got to know about fluke through fluke :P

In it's core? Big Beats Allã * Apollo 440

* Andy Hunter°

* Bentley Rhythm Ace

* BodyRockers

* Caribou

* Cirrus

* Crystal Castles

* David Holmes

* Dub Pistols

* DJ Chamber

* Dreadzone

* Fatboy Slim

* Fluke

* Freestylers

* Gates Of Arcadia

* Goon

* Groove Armada

* Hardknox

* Hexstatic

* Indian Ropeman

* Dj Big Beat Louie

* Jaffa Phonix

* Junkie XL

* Lionrock

* Lo Fidelity Allstars

* Lunatic Calm

* KLF/2K

* Mint Royale

* Monkey Mafia

* Overseer

* Propellerheads

* Rob Dougan

* Space Raiders

* Summer Bears

* Super Preachers

* The Chemical Brothers

* The Crystal Method

* The Future Sound of London

* The Prodigy

* The Wiseguys

* Meat Beat Manifesto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_beat :)

In it's core? Big Beats Allã

* David Holmes

* Fatboy Slim

* Fluke

* Hexstatic

* Junkie XL

* Lunatic Calm

* KLF/2K

* Propellerheads

* Rob Dougan

* The Chemical Brothers

* The Crystal Method

* The Future Sound of London

* The Prodigy

* Meat Beat Manifesto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_beat :)

True big names of BIG BEAT. :D