staffan    44
26 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

das efx- change was my jam. and just generally that whole album is amazing

when i started making beats that was one of the first ones i tried to recreate cause the sample was easy enough to recreate and the beat is rather simple. good times.

also, gangstarr is one of my favorites too. Full Clip... but the best productions he made, was with Afu-Ra, though, not gangstarr. IMHO. 

Ohh damn, Full Clip is fantastic =))

staffan    44
5 minutes ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

Wow i love your taste in EBM...i am new in this stuff...NEED MORE MOOOOORE! 

I realize slowly that some Goa dudes did actually EBM, Or a mix of Both like Cydonia...Thats because i loved them always!

(Fear of a red Planet) is one of my absolute favorite albums together with stuff from Tim Schuld/Four Carry Nuts :))

Since this psy rave thing actually comes from the old ebm in the 80's, it's not that strange. Nitzer Ebb and Front 242 was played on the beaches of Goa. So I've been told anyway. This Hocico is not from the 80's, but great anyway.

Or just some classic Skinny Puppy.

• Like 1

staffan    44

Hmmm... I think I should put some more music in this thread,

Trunksan    79

I come from a musical family: My father plays various wind instruments (barytone, flute, clarinet...) and piano, he's also a singer at the Greek orthodox church so he knows both European and Byzantine music. He was a local radio dj so we still have at our house a lot of vinyls and 45s, some might actually have collecto's value. He has bags of  45s singles from the 60's/70's. So at our house we always listened to vinyal and got a cd player at around 92. My first CDs where REM - Out of time and Ace of base.  Some of the CDs my father bought at the time were from the up and rising dance culture, mostly the RAVE collection and also some of the POP collections had dance music in it, like 2 unlimited and even Robert miles and the prodicgy.  Around 1998 a friend gave me an mp3 cd with dance music, stuff like tiesto, van dyke, inside it was also Astral Projection-mahadeva which was my favourite.
Went to uni at the north of the UK (Sunderland and Newcastle), connected with some of the older students. Became a regular at the AMAZING "Foundation club". Some of the Greek students were also goa/psy fans so I went to my first psy party in London with them (Asia 2001, Reefer decree)  and became hooked. Next year (2002) went to Samorthaki and Vision quest in Japan and the rest is history.

When I returned to Greece after my first year at Uni (summer 2001), I realized that there was a huge goa/psy culture around me that I wasn't aware because I was underage (DAAAAH) which I've been part of since I returned to Greece after my studying, travels and army (2007).

Some of my frineds (now) were involved in the first steps of electronic music in Greece. Mostly through Nikos Liatsikas (Nikos LL) who started organising dance parties at Alepohori (near Athens) around 92-94. My friend Yiannis (DJ Sativarious jo) has a huge collection of DATs especially from Etnicanet and Spiral Trax but he hasn't even bothered copying them, he's so occupied with hid job, his farm and animals that he ignores them.

The past 5 years I work for one of the biggest PA companies in Greece, mostly for Greek live Pop music (mpouzoukia) but this year we also worked on some big international productions like Slayer, Cypress hill, Clutch...

Trunksan    79

Also... to show off a bit:

I'm close friens with Haris (DJ Fishimself) who is a stage manager at Ozora, ZNA and many other festivals all of the world, from the US to AUS. I will be heavily involved in the new bar/club he is preparing (fingers crossed it all goes well).

Also, I've completed the L-Acoustics fundamentals and K (level 1 and 2 seminars in Paris and I've frequented seminars and training from some of the biggest sound and lighting companies like clair brothers, vari lite, Robe...
I'm a certified Smaart user and the plan is to become the instructor for the Greek language (along with my colleague Panagiotis) in a couple of years.

I will be sporting Clair Brothers and Smaart t-shirts at ZNA. Stafaan, you know how I look, but even if you don't you'll know me from my shirts. Although you can spot Yiota (my fiancee) from a thousand miles.

19 hours ago, Trunksan said:

Also... to show off a bit:

I'm close friens with Haris (DJ Fishimself) who is a stage manager at Ozora, ZNA and many other festivals all of the world, from the US to AUS. I will be heavily involved in the new bar/club he is preparing (fingers crossed it all goes well).

Also, I've completed the L-Acoustics fundamentals and K (level 1 and 2 seminars in Paris and I've frequented seminars and training from some of the biggest sound and lighting companies like clair brothers, vari lite, Robe...
I'm a certified Smaart user and the plan is to become the instructor for the Greek language (along with my colleague Panagiotis) in a couple of years.

I will be sporting Clair Brothers and Smaart t-shirts at ZNA. Stafaan, you know how I look, but even if you don't you'll know me from my shirts. Although you can spot Yiota (my fiancee) from a thousand miles.

Trunksan Winns

FLAWLESS VICTORY... FATALITY!

you are the Thread winner and the Throne is yours....haha xD

No Seriously, you should call yourselfe  "Spacelord of Multiverse" or something like this. Your life must feel like a Trip...wish i could move my ass like you through life!

I hear this music for more than 10 years now and i never was on a psy party or festival. :unsure:

now i have to cure my depressions and midlife crisis made by Trunksan....

• Like 1

Trunksan    79
12 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

No Seriously, you should call yourselfe  "Spacelord of Multiverse" or something like this. Your life must feel like a Trip...wish i could move my ass like you through life!

I honestly don't understand if this is serious or irony.

And I love the Lambada song! I fell in love with Portugal so I'm learning Portuguese ATM (Lambada is a Brazilian song, so  the language is Portouguese).

1 hour ago, Trunksan said:

I honestly don't understand if this is serious or irony.

And I love the Lambada song! I fell in love with Portugal so I'm learning Portuguese ATM (Lambada is a Brazilian song, so  the language is Portouguese).

thats the art  to communicate with other humans...let them never know what you really think about them. Greek people are philosophs or not? the REAL nerds of life...(Philosophie = Love the Life)

The best way to handle "the mass"  is to bring them to love and respect you at the same time...if you only can have one of both...then frighten them with your knowlege/ talents and strenght to live a free sorrowless human life.

otherwise you will be eaten alive. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Trunksan    79

Philosophy=love wisdom

Greek ppl are not philosophers for sure. Ancient Greece produced a lot of amazing scientists and thinkers but that's in a span of at least 2000 years, the average person had a lower iq, shorter life span and was shorter and less physicaly gifted.

The best example is the armour of king Philip of Macedonia. He was considered a big man for that time and his armour shows that he was about 162 tall.

Going 2000 yeas before that to Santorini, the houses look like hobbits lived in them.

9 minutes ago, Trunksan said:

Philosophy=love wisdom

Greek ppl are not philosophers for sure. Ancient Greece produced a lot of amazing scientists and thinkers but that's in a span of at least 2000 years, the average person had a lower iq, shorter life span and was shorter and less physicaly gifted.

The best example is the armour of king Philip of Macedonia. He was considered a big man for that time and his armour shows that he was about 162 tall.

Going 2000 yeas before that to Santorini, the houses look like hobbits lived in them.

i have read it in a greek accent...quite good. :+1:

What do you think  about slavic philosophie? Right, Sophie means WEISHEIT! in german...but is wisdom not the same like life? We suck....we exist. Some one else suck us...we die, we dont suck we get cancer.

What do you thinkl about slavs? i think that Greek people aqre slavs too...the slavs that were more tolerated by the new world order. the Americans let you have an own culture...our lands were destroyed several times by Fashistic warlords from west europe and asia.. and that was happened over 4000 years. Thats because this Dominators let the greeks be kind bof free and develope inteligience....philosophs...dont be a slave.

I give you a very important small hint...talk with people from the real former soviet union or with real jugoslaws! you will be blown away from their point of view/inteligence and inner power. 

Wish you alll the best my greek friend, may we meet on the bettlefield against infidels! SLAWA SLAWANOM!!!

1 hour ago, Trunksan said:

Philosophy=love wisdom

dont fuck with russians <3

Tsotsi    84

I was into what I thought was gangster rap in high school, Ice Cube, The Game, The Pharcyde. Then for my last few years I found 80's pop disco and started to see how so many pop classics today just followed the same patterns and sometimes even melodies into their new music, since then Modern Pop has always turned me off. Miley Cyrus is the only exception, she is still a true baller.

After High School it was indie music, but you know... popular indie music, with the occasional rock opera thrown in. But I never really Loved any particular style of music. Then on a flight over to America one day I found Dj Koze, Moderat and Jon Hopkins. After that I really started to understand the wonders of electronica but it wasn't until I was 21 or 22 that my (now) wife took me to Rainbow Serpent in Victoria Australia. Must have been 2013/2014, Somewhere on that weekend I realised how wonderful long weekend parties (Bush Doofs) were but still had no idea what the music I was listening to was. The next year I went again and somewhere on the dancefloor at 2Am I 'got' it. Something awoke in me and that I couldn't shake it, the community, the soundwaves, the twists and turns, the excitement! Now I was all about Psytrance and started easy. Goa Trance Vol. 31 by DJ Tulla is still one of my favourite prog compilations.

Then one day I illegally downloaded an Artha album (Just because it was there and had a cool cover) and put it on while at the beach. I completely tripped out and went into another realm while lying there, that's when I started to try and find this 'Goa' Music. It was difficult at first as so many comps had the Goa label attached to it, but I found a method. Then I learnt that If I woke up in the morning and put Goa on first thing I could Lucid dream through the universe. After that I started to only buy Goa as my respect for the music developed and my hope for a resurgence in Australia took over.

I still haven't been to a Goa party but along with Psybass and downtempo it is pretty much the only genre I listen to. I still get excited by new releases and my mind is continuously blown. One day I'll make it to Europe for proper party. Until then I have Bandcamp and Psynews.

On 7/16/2019 at 6:53 PM, astralprojection said:

oh wow psychedelic. i too, adore Vocal Trance (and to some extent Progressive Trance/Euphoric Trance) and those are nice ones.

do you recognise these?

aled mann - flashback

castenada - oceanborn

ashley wallbridge - i believe

andy moor - halcyon

red flag - pacific memory

m3 -  bailamos

duende - amor de dios

i used to listen to DI.FM vocal trance channel back in 2007-2013 when i played wow like 8 hours per day. 

bro i will hear them...ofcourse i know duende, ashley and andy...how can i forget andy moor. i am andy too:D

Trunksan    79
14 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

I give you a very important small hint...talk with people from the real former soviet union or with real jugoslaws! you will be blown away from their point of view/inteligence and inner power. 

Wish you alll the best my greek friend, may we meet on the bettlefield against infidels! SLAWA SLAWANOM!!!

1) You will never see me in a battlefield with guns against anyone.  I did my army serivce at the Cypriot army (armoured vehicle division) and I passed a 1 month training with marines and commandos (fighter's school they call it) and although I loved the phycisal aspect of it (running,weights...) I hated the gun part (we trained with live fire) since the Cypriot army isn't part of NATO, we had a mixture of Western and Russian weapons. AK47s were the best. M60 (this is the one Rambo used at Rambo II) and M100 were mounted on BMP3 s(Russian light armoured vehicle).

2)The martials arts school were I teach and train grappling (BJJ, Judo and Wrestling) is owned by 2 guys from Kazakhstan (Pontic Greeks in Origin).
In fact, the city (Aspropirgos) is full of Pontic anc Caucasian Greeks who after 1992 returned to their homeland (Greece) after thousands of years there. The kids (except for me and the owners who approach 40 years, the rest are below 23 years old) are 90%+ Pontic and Caucasian Greek, most from cities where there were big Greek communities like Soukoumi, Krasnodar, Rostov, Yessentuki and the Stavropol region. 
Usually the ones from Kazakhstan come from families that Stalin exiled there. Everyone hates the ones from Soukoumi because they were wealthy so they paid Stalin to leave them alone.
Most of the kid's parents speak little if any Greek and the communicate in Russian. Some are actually Russian that have simply emigrated to Greece with fake documents and have gotten Greek citizenship even though they are not of Greek decent.
On Wednesday I trained with a guy that was a member of the Greek wrestling squad he was born in Saran (I think that's how he called the city) Kazakhstan.

I started high school in 93. Met a new friend who was also into some of the same punk and industrial as I. He then introduced me to some more industrial and then in 95ish some electronic music. Remember getting Juno Reactor, Shakta, and Hallucinogen albums and bunches of 12"s from Blue Room, Flying Rhino, Matsuri, and such.

• Like 1

Veracohr    104

A friend I met when I was 18 got me into regular trance. Before that it was rock & metal & going back far enough, a brief stint with rap (when I was about 12 or so). Started going to raves around 2000 & finding more trance where I could. Paul Van Dyk was a favorite at that time.

Somehow I came across Astral Projection on MySpace and downloaded Mahadeva. It was a standard on my playlist for quite a while but I didn’t search out more goa. Still, I thought I knew what goa was for a while, and after making some naive comment on the internet someone suggested a few names for me to check out to find out what goa really was.

That led me to Psynews, and really the whole of my psytrance knowledge comes from here. That friend who introduced me to trance is still the only person I know who listens to electronic music.

However, I never stopped listening to rock and metal. In fact in recent years I’ve been listening to more metal and less psy. I also have felt a pull toward acid techno lately, but not enough to spend the time doing a serious search so I just play the few songs I have.

I’m old now (just turned 40) and unfortunately find myself tending to do that thing where people stop looking for new music and just listen to the same stuff over and over.

• Like 1

thanosp81    298
6 hours ago, Veracohr said:

I’m old now (just turned 40) and unfortunately find myself tending to do that thing where people stop looking for new music and just listen to the same stuff over and over.

I don't see anything wrong with that. You (we) spent so many years experimenting and finding what you really like. Use that knowledge to spend your money wise and fill your music library only with music that really gets you going. You probably don't have much time to spend on nonsense anyway :)

Trunksan    79

Nostalgia galore.

Went to my parents' house and  found all my old CDs that I could remember. I'm missing anything only a pink Floyd album and a doors album (I might have sold this)

IMG_20190728_212624.jpg

IMG_20190728_212022.jpg

On 7/19/2019 at 10:07 AM, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

bro i will hear them...ofcourse i know duende, ashley and andy...how can i forget andy moor. i am andy too:D

forgot to mention the actual tracks. some of those i mentioned were in fact remixes. so please allow me to give you the accurate titles

aled mann - flashback (george hales remix) 

andy moor - halcyon (alex morph remix)

pz