Silicon Sound?

"General Psytrance" seems a bit stagnant the past days. guess its up to anyone to kickstart it.

what u guys think of this guy? i tried searching for topics (and also in my memory, in case i didnt start one already) but couldnt find.

his album Pure Analog (2003) is to my ears really really timeless.

Its one of those Fullon Albums that just hit everything absolutely right. the best track from the album just has to be Inner Space, but they are ALL good.

Theres maybe two songs there that are half decent only, but the other ones, all excellent.

and ofc for it to be worthy of discussion i will ask if anyone has any other full on albums that arent cheesy but yet captures that cousin of goatrance that is indeed Fullon.

• Like 1

silicon sound is just great. pure analog is one of the albums that for me define good fullon. however the best track is without a doubt the nexus 6 remix (with onida and analog device following close behind).

it's a shame he doesn't make that kind of music anymore. his newer tracks were more techy progressive, but still good.
be sure to also check out his free tracks. although not quite up to pure analog i wonder why they weren't released back then.

Lol holy crap, thanks I'll have good fullon for days. B)

Just scrolling thru the tracks I recognize alot of them as being excellent so it looks like a very good list to go through. 

Padmapani, yes I've heard all his stuff. As you say nothing quite like this. Honestly most the tracks are so good like 4 of them could be the best one. Well no, three. Inner space, analog device and nexus 6. <_<

Euphorya is nice but it seems that they try to sound like Digicult but don't quite manage to nail it.

This is a Dream has a melody which sounds like a rip-off of another track

Around 4:25.

Anyway I agree that morning full-on with smooth sound and good melodies is now really hard to find. These tracks caught my attention recently as something that could be called an evoltion of classic SS/Protoculture sound of sorts (the second one the bpm is too slow though, perhaps more like old Liquid Soul stuff).

• Like 1

can i take back the fact i put inner space as my nr 1?

in fact just comparing that mix to Pure Reality - its like they come from two different albums alltogether.

also i really wanted to put Memento there, not Inner space, i had them confused.

Memento is the one with that really sweet climax towards the end.. 

just goes to show how good the album really is, to have me confused which ones are the best ones :D

21 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

just goes to show how good the album really is, to have me confused which ones are the best ones :D

totally! i just double checked if memento and pure reality are among the ones i listed, but i mentioned onida and analog device instead :)

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed that not alot of artists do (that I know of) is that his climactic melodies are near exact same patterns as the bassline. Or exactly in some tracks. That should be lazy but he makes it work really well. Then ofc his sampling is rather simple and straight forward and again, he just makes it work. I think the simplistic style is what makes it easy to love. 

What you see is what you get. Or rather, hear. 

1 hour ago, recursion loop said:

I wonder what you guys may suggest for tracks/albums/artists that might be inspired by Pure Analog or have some similarities. Melodic full-on with smooth and deep, somehow mysterious sound?

To me Hyperion's Drop Psychosis album has some quite obvious similarities

nice, thanks!

other than protoculture - refractions there nothing quite like it.

older morning fullon like fatali or sirius isness don't have that mysterious vibe, old talamasca does but is not nearly as smooth.

so if i'd he hard pressed to find anything new that's remotely similar, i'd probably settle, even though they're not nearly as energetic or melodic, on some music from the borderline of fullon and progressive such as:

i finally remembered the track i was scattering my brain over... that reminds me of silicon sound, and is actually GOOD full on, borderline cheesy while not being cheesy.

i hope you enjoy this one as much as i do.

production quality is excellent, although youtube quality on this one is so-so. Unfortuneately there are two versions, one at 7.37 and one at 8.48 (i think) and that one sounds way different.

but they are titled exactly the same.

anyway

If you like Silicon Sound and good full-on in general also listen to these albums if you haven't already:

Tikal - Ritual Cycle

Protoculture - Refractions

U-Recken - Deeper into Man / Aquatic Serenade

Digicult - Avenida de Belgica / Out of this World

Exaile - Hit the Machine

Psydrop - The Miracle Man / Fantasy Seeds

Beat Hackers - Notes Junky

Space Buddha - Storm Reaction / No Shields / Full Circle

Astrix - Eye to eye

Alien Project - Aztechno Dream

O.O.O.D. - Fourthought

Opium of the Masses - The Lost Planet

• Like 1

Pure Analog :wub:

Do you know this one?

Neurobiotic Records had some great Full-On. I found them at the forefront of melodic psy in the early 00's, fullon with a touch. My girlfriend also liked Tikal, maybe a reason why i share some more thoughts with this label. Anyways, give it a go

A really nice guy I've met years ago (and still manage to contact once in a while- cheers Yan!), for sure has also some love for Silicon Sound. Listen to this hidden pearl

Hi ... sorry am I late ... I really like Silicon Sound, it's THE iconic "old full on sound" for me ... it's a gentle and trancy sound, reinding me of the "middle school days" so to speak ... back then when there was still time for long rises and almost ambient passages in the tracks.

I loved him for the samples ... from the Final Fantasy movie up to computer games - Doom III and Unreal II and also System Shock 2 ... those games were my favourites and it was a pleasure to find these things in the music, this way the vibe influenced me way more than just when listening to the tracks (in fact, it goes so far that I say: a release of System Shock 3 without new Silicon Sound stuff to listen at the side is not a true sequel, a true replica of the vibe for me...) ... everything was interconnected, "Silicon Sound" became a symbol for the times I experienced...

His favorite track for me is The Shell:

There's also this playlist that I like to consult when I wanna listen to some Silicon Sound ... tried to carry together everything of the OLD stuff I could find of him back then and put it into a single list:

cheers