2. Mission Adept
3. It Is Not Possible
4. Infinite Space
5. On The Edge
6. Pandora's Box
7. Sand Of Time
8. Sunrise
9. The Constellation Of Aries

This review is about what is in my opinion one of the most extraordinary release of modern Goa to date. An Album that encapsulates the cosmic tone of the genre in it's own unique and captivating way. Personally I can honestly say that only 3 or 4 other albums have ever granted me this much excitement, and none of those have been been in this style and this style is by far my favourite.

This album is not another level, it is the level. 

If your brain converts sound into colours and shapes then this is going be one vibrant journey of electricity. The album art by ShivaOMArt really says it all as far as the spectrum of colours that you are going to be blasted through goes. You're going to experience warm rust pyramids filled with gold, strokes of amber splashed across azure temples and gas giants of cerulean creating reactions with scarlets. You might even spot some periwinkle In the distance.

'Yea yea, it sounds amazing but it's not a game changer'

'Sorry huh? What did you just? Not a game changer for whom good sir & madam?'

It is certainly a game changer for Sergey who has advanced his skill to another level. The layers are as balanced as a spirit level placed by Vladimir Shukhov himself, the leads rip through the other sounds and at times dance around in prisms of energy above your head while at other times zip through your head taking you to star nebula's. Vocal samples nestle themselves neatly into tracks where they are placed, but it's really the other elements that make these tracks stand out. The dial tone in Mission Adept, the boombastic roar in It Is Not Possible & the unforgettable screeches for the first 4 minutes of Sand Of Time, my god even a 4 second sample of that track gives my brain dopamine thrush. The melody of Sunrise & The Constellation Of Aries make me drive exactly 4 kilometres over the speed limit with a huge smile on my face. It's all cosmic Goa, but not like you have heard before.

Median Project has placed more emphasis on the moments that really make a track stand out, the introductions and outro's have been given more detail, the tracks have been filled with 'Bigger' sounds and more effort has been placed into introducing periphery sounds that make every listen unique.

I have had this album since it's release, so I have had plenty of time to listen to it, the honeymoon period is over and I can with all certainty say that this production of art is up there with the greats of the genre and the broader spectrum of Psytrance.

What Median Project has done is find a way to take cosmic goa up to the next stage of its evolution, I can consider this album an advancement towards the style that others (Hopefully) will build on.  It does have all the NeoGoa elements that some people (Not Tsotsi) often find tiresome but the arrangements are what keep this exciting. For those of you that think that this genre has nothing new to add, crank this up when the sun goes down and prepare yourself for a visit to solar systems far away.

As always I would like to thank Sergey for taking the time to deliver this masterpiece to us and making the world that much more colourful for it. His hard work really does pay off.

Thanks to all others involved in the project including Suntrip for an interstellar addition to their catalogue.

One Final word. The description of the album calls this Astral Projection meets Mindsphere, but I think we can surely agree that from now on this is pure Median Project an artist unto himself.

https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/median-project-constellation

• Like 3

I was going to wait till  I listened to it 100 times, but after 20 times I think I'm getting the feel.
This is one of the best goa trance I have ever heard. We already had a great share of good music and amazing artists, but Median is right up there. Shining.

Where his album on Global Sect was also very good, Constellation has enormous depth, euphoric layers, and fantastic balanced frequencies. I'm very happy to hear that Sergey tuned down the snares and claps, which were very present in his previous work.

I'm listening to parts of Constellation every day. In my bed, in the car, ... 

He manages to transform a whole idea into music. Only given to the most talented. Every track is a space journey. Every track puts a smile on your face.

Very good review Tsotsi! Constellation deserves that. We will look back and confirm year after year that Constellation is a milestone in Goa history. I'm sure of that.

Grab it while you can! :D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Posted June 12

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, Anoebis said:

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, Aspartic said:

PHE - NO - ME - NAL ! ! !

review will follow when I' m back on earth.

1. listening-typical boring neo goa

2. listening-has it`s moments

3. listening- really good

4. listening- wtf...

5. listening- wtf...

Thank you Suntrip for this fantastic release.This is one of the trippiest Albums i ever heard.

Or like you said: PHENOMENAL

Now,after About 30 complete listenings :One of the best Goa Releases ever!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BASS-O-MATIC said:

Now,after About 30 complete listenings :One of the best Goa Releases ever

I'm glad at least 3 of us here feel this way, i'm sure many more do to. I really do think this albums deserves huge amounts of recognition in the electronic music scene. Definitely in the Psytrance and certainly in the Goa Scene. 

• Like 2

Without any doubt one of the finest melodic Goa releases I've heard in a while. Whole CD is filled with great tracks and production quality is at the highest level! Highly recommended to anyone who like their Goa music spiced with dreamy melodies and floaty atmosphere!

Congrats to all involved! :)

• Like 1

The reviews here are really positive. And iam happy for Median Project that many people like his album. But i have a another opionon.

On the technial side the album is "boom"! Really clean and perfect production. But the music on its own and the sounddesign dont catch me. No memorable melodies here, no hooks i wating for. It feels like 10000 arpeggiators, delay & reverb fx playing together the same notes ever and ever again. One idea/compostion for nine tracks. The sounddesign sounds cool, ok, but it has nothing special. For me it sounds like Katedra with a little bit of Artifact303. Within the album the tracks sounds to similar. If I skip through the album I think its the same track as before.

The compare to Mindsphere and Astral Projection, I think, does not fit completely, because Mindsphere and Astral Projection has memorable melodies and compostions. And the sounddesign has more variety.

Maybe Iam to trancy for this album and more a freak of music than productions skills. ;-)

3 hours ago, kartoonz said:

This just seems to grow on you on every listen. I very much agree, pls give it a couple of listens before judging. This is a very intense neo goa album!

I think, its not an good statement to say listen to an album 100 time and then its sound good. If i listen to an album three times and it dont catch me, then it is boring for me. Maybe I like it in 10 years, if i listen again. That is possible. ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Just 1st listen atm.

AP vs Mindpshere is a very accurate description!

That is, to the sound signature/mixing style/production style. (Its much more Mindsphere than it is AP, though - overall )

The writing of the music itself; only at 1st listen though - seem to be on the slightly hasty side. I kinda have to agree to a minor extent to what GhostOnAcid said. it seems a bit "arpeggio ultra 303 3/16th ping pong delay deluxe" . 

But its a great album (still, 1st listen only :D ) and im curious to see how it grows on me.

TMedian project: Constellation
Suntrip Records / Goa-trance

image.png.8571f6458227a6e4bb59446c9519a3aa.png

1. Antidote
2. Mission Adept
3. It Is Not Possible
4. Infinite Space
5. On The Edge
6. Pandora's Box
7. Sand Of Time
8. Sunrise
9. The Constellation Of Aries

Median Project is Sergey Petrenko, a fairly new artist in Goa-trance. I enjoyed his previous album, In the Depth of Space (2017). So when I saw MP had a track called Life Line on Suntrip's compilation, The 50th Parallel (2018), my curiosity peeked. I thought the song was one of the best tracks on the compilation. Constellation (2019) is very melodic and psychedelic, coupled with strong synths, kicks, acid, and atmosphere. It's a very dance-friendly Goa album and some have even referred to it as Astral Projection meets Mindsphere. I'd like to add Artifact303 to that comparison chart :)

1. Antidote is a morning Goa song. The psy-ambient intro is beautiful. We're treated to some AP-esque melodies (without emulating AP thankfully), colourful and uplifting. I liked the adjustments at 3:45 and 5:15, and the melodies at 5:28 and 6:42. The latter incorporated key changes nicely. The song did little to keep my interest or engage me though. To me it sounded too safe and typical, formulaic. That said, it's a nice track. I'm all for positive vibes! I just find it more conventional than memorable. That said, I imagine the intent was to start the album off with an easier piece before moving into the more elaborate, complex, and cosmic story arc / Goa ones.  3.5 / 5

2. Mission Adept is more interesting! The song is zippy, kinetic, intense, and exciting-- like a new Filteria track. The ambient notes are good! Initially I found the occasional ringing effect (like a land-line phone at 2:32 and 2:39) a bit odd, but it grows to be altered as the music progresses, more alien and foreign in nature. Still I would have preferred to not have a telephone association in those few moments, as it distracted from the cosmic (imaginative) feel in my mind. The song has a visceral sense of urgency that I liked, and the atmosphere's great! The third act sounded like a healthy continuance of Act 2, but was solid! This is a fun, fast-paced track!  4.0 / 5

3. It Is Not Possible expands on the more electric approach that began with Mission Adept. The song is sharper, more fluid, intense, and powerful. I loved the synths in the opening act, and the forth minute took the music to new highs. The last act is homogenous-- less inventive when comparing the second to the first. That said. this is a thrilling, intergalactic song with strong synths, atmosphere, and climax! Couldn't the song have been called "It Is Possible" though since anything and everything is possible? ;) This song is going to lift dance-floors, and it's great for working out, or immersing the mind into energetically, for home-listening. Super track!  4.75 5

4. Infinite Space maintains the more intergalactic approach. Great intro. The synths from 2:27 to 4:15 were ultra-melodic, juicy, and reminded me of Lemurians in their prime-- exceptional. The music quickly transitioned thankfully to vary things up, and the scenery shifted from 4:42 to 6:00. Here the main lead hugged the spotlight. I honestly thought it went on for a bit longer than necessary. Fortunately the melodic growth at 6:01 was satisfying. But the cool down part went on for a bit longer than needed. I suppose its a friendly approach for DJ's to mix but it grew a little draggy to me. This is a sweet track with one of the best melodies (2:27) I've heard all year!  4.5 / 5

5. On The Edge reminds me of what a new AP album could sound like. The song takes off like a rocket, remaining fully-charged and gripping. Excellent climax in the third minute. The transition at 4:00 maintained the catchy feels. There is a transitional segment where the tempo changes up with supporting elements. This part was so suspenseful, fun, catchy, and unexpected before what happened next! Man I wish there were more transitions this catchy to pulsate us to more magnetic terrain (thinking out loud). The song becomes more varied and delectable (for the most part) as it progresses.  5 / 5

6. Pandora's Box starts off great. The AP-esque synths and voice effects in the first several minutes (the song's first half) is strong. The artist keeps things interesting, moving, creative, and fun! Is it me though or does Act 1 seem to not know when to end? The song runs out of ideas at some point around 4:35 forward and grows repetitive and bland, lazy compared to the first half. The forth minute could have transitioned to healthier, more varied (wonderful) terrain.  3.5 / 5

7. Sand Of Time begins like a new AP track that's strong, gripping, and dark. The artist balances intense with harmonious synths (add atmosphere) beautifully. Act 1 [0:00 to 3:30] is excellent! Oddly, the segment from 3:31 to 4:23 was a bit empty and bland, like a typical way to transition via remove layers until something else arrives. I get that its purpose is to allow us to breathe, but give us something interesting to sink our minds into! The Ambient/Goa-influenced interlude that follows [4:24 to 5:15] is wonderful, coupled with warm atmosphere, voice effects, and more. It's an eventful, stand-out moment on the album. Now I have TWO THOUGHTS on what comes next. ONE:  The hymns (stepping up and down in arrangement) sound typical and take away from the fantasy vibe, and climax via 5:17 forward is too formulaic and bland, as if the artist was trying to cater to the more general crowd. I've heard mainstream Trance climaxes like these hundreds of times (It's not why I listen to Goa music). TWO:  Act 2 set the uplifting climax up nicely despite it sounding a bit similar (bland?) and safe, but it works for the general crowd. The hymn key changes aren't bad. They add an ethereal touch to the dance-friendly finale despite the more mainstream friendly (conventional) approach sounding less impressive, ambitious, and imaginative than I would have liked. This is a tough one to score. I loved everything up until the segment starting at 5:17 where the song's structure and direction took the easy way out. Nice atmosphere!  4 / 5

8. Sunrise is a beautiful morning sunrise track. Not only that-- it's full of life, hope, electricity (passion/drive), and inspiration. I love the sound/melody work in the first act, combining beauty with momentum, determination. The band of melodies at 2:00 is strong, accentuated with atmosphere, ambient, etc., and a bouncy, delectable Goa tune. There's a cool effect at 3:17. The band of melodies exit for new growth and the music climbs. Nicely balancing high with low sounds, the vehicle reaches an island (interlude) around the fifth minute, allowing us to catch our breath before a quick climb to-- an amazing, kinetic, adrenaline-searing climax across the fifth and sixth minute. Wow! To top it off, the song is accentuated with complimentary leads across the last act. The song puts a smile on my face. I love it!!! Thank you (to artist) for pushing the energy envelope, feels, and creativity, and for not settling for something conventional and formulaic sounding! This is an outstanding morning/Goa sunrise track!  5 / 5

9. The Constellation Of Aries a strong, gripping and electric first few minutes that pad this thing as the [level design] crescendo of sounds begins to form, doubling and tripling like a tidal wave collecting energy until exploding into a monster climax! The ocean calms down for act 2, keeping the moving atmosphere in tact as new synths take shape. This is a great part, alleviating (swishing up) the big arc and allowing us to return to the groovy, acid, sexy even melodies that kicked things off. We arrive at a brief transition in the fifth minute before this fiery ball of ethereal energy begins to rebuild-- this time acquiring angelic energy packets, melodies along the way until this enormous rainbow climaxes again-- this climax is complimented with sustained leads. It's beautiful!!! This is going to be another huge track on dance floors. It's loaded with energy, positive vibes, heart, and spirit.  4.75 / 5

CONCLUSON

Constellation is a high energy, high quality cosmic [neo] Goa album that is clearly inspired by [but does not emulate] AP's Dancing Galaxy and Another World-- but different and for our time now. It's very dance friendly, climactic, and ascensional sounding at times. Suntrip is expanding their types of Goa Trance which is nice to see! The album showcases attractive sound/melody work, atmosphere, and some of the best climaxes I've heard in quite some time, e.g., On the Edge, Sunrise, The Constellation of Aries. The opening track doesn't do justice to how good the album is, but I suppose the intent was to start off the album with a friendlier (for wider, more general audiences) track before the more cosmic journey that awaits. That said, there were a few times where I felt more variety, development, and evolution would have been amazing. Pandora's Box for instance runs out of steam halfway through and never recovers. Furthermore, Sands of Time, though infectiously AP-inspired, settles for a conventional climax approach in the last act that arguably took away from an otherwise great (less conventional) chapter. Lastly, sometimes the key changes enrich the music while a few other times, I felt that they made the music feel a little more conventional. These issues might not be everyone's and the pros outweigh the cons for me. Constellation is Suntrip's most accessible, mainstream-friendly Goa album to date IMO. I get that not every album has to sound so daringly out-of-the-box-- Hallucinogen, Pleiadians, Cosmosis, etc., to be satisfying. That said, the few bland/formulaic segments (at times) took away from an otherwise super [neo] Full On (non-stop like AP dance friendly) Goa album. The artist proves that In the Depth of Space was no fluke, just as he did with Life Line on Suntrip's The 50th Parallel. The album is a treat for fans of melodic Goa-trance. This is a visionary, cosmic ride full of great work, and is one of Suntrip's best releases. The cover and overall art is very pretty too! 

HIGHLIGHTS 

MISSION ADEPT (!), IT IS NOT POSSIBLE (!!!), INFINITE SPACE (!!), ON THE EDGE (!!!), SANDS OF TIME (!!), SUNRISE (!!!), THE CONSTELLATION OF ARIES (!!)

4.5 / 5

Samples / Buy

https://www.suntriprecords.com/release/cat/SUNCD56/

https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/median-project-constellation

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:12 PM, astralprojection said:

@Padmapanireally curious what you think of the album when u get the chance to listen. :)

i've not yet given it the attention it deserves. all i can say right now is that sand of time is a stellar track. probably my favourite track released on suntrip since earthcall.

Despite it's my absolutely favourite kind of goa (melodic/spacey/euphoric) I'm not really mad about this album. It's too just homogenous, everything sounds nice but nothing sounds really outstanding.

Also I'm not a big fan of his mixing style actually, he has a a very huge hard hitting kick and the synths sound weak by comparison and often blend into some barely discernible mush.  I once heard him on stage in my city and frankly this was the point where I left the party. it was like staying near a pile driving machine, I only heard the kick and some synth bits at the distant background, so this didn't sound quite danceable to me. Dunno maybe the acoustics in that club was poor (or I was stoned enough already), but the stuff they had played before sounded fine to me. This album is mixed a bit better but I'd still prefer less emphasis on the kick and more definition in the synths.

Anyway, I do think Median has a lot of talent and skills but I wish he would go for quality over quantity. I hope he is yet to make his real masterpieces.

1 hour ago, recursion loop said:

Also I'm not a big fan of his mixing style actually, he has a a very huge hard hitting kick and the synths sound weak by comparison and often blend into some barely discernible mush.  I once heard him on stage in my city and frankly this was the point where I left the party. it was like staying near a pile driving machine, I only heard the kick and some synth bits at the distant background, so this didn't sound quite danceable to me. Dunno maybe the acoustics in that club was poor (or I was stoned enough already), but the stuff they had played before sounded fine to me. This album is mixed a bit better but I'd still prefer less emphasis on the kick and more definition in the synths.

this is often the case for newschool goa with its multitude of layers. it sounds fine at home on monitors or good headphones, but at clubs where sound systems aren't perfect it quickly turns into mush and you don't even notice the melodies anymore. often kick and bass get lost too. i remember a party where it took me listening halfway through a track, then only at the break with less things playing i could make out it was actually one of my favourite tracks (i don't remember which one, it was either something by khetzal or ra). the same thing happened again with mindsphere at the same party. when you finally recognise the track you can fill in the blanks in your mind, but when you cannot (or don't know the track) it's just one big mess.

even when i saw filteria at ozora (they really don't have a bad sound system there, far from it) a similar thing happened. many melodies got lost and kick and bass sounded very weak compared to the sets before and after.

Yes, I agree that "kbbb psytrance" overall tends to be more club firendly than goa, but I have issues specifically with Median's productions. His tracks sound fine in my home (I have half-decent nearfiled speakers and some acoustic treatment im my room and also good studio headphones) but not so nice in earbuds. I have to listen to a lot of music in earbuds when I'm at work and while earbuds generally are not the best way to enjoy music, well-balanced mixes still sound well-balanced in them, but in the Meidan's tracks the kick tends to overpower everynthing including the bass, so it sounds like "dumm-dumm-dumm" instead of a proper kick/bass groove.

Maybe it's just me since nobody else seems to be bothered.

it also sounds fine on monitors over here but i get what you're saying. it seems as if the kick is the only element not fighting for space. most of the time it has a relatively pronounced click and it has the whole sub for itself while the bassline sort of blends into the leads.

Well, as a dj playing on the "big" soundsystems a lot, I agree that modern Nano Psy Trance is for sure more suited for those soundsystems. The main issue is that the equalisers are made for that sound, so that goa sometimes sounds dull compared to them, unless you have a good sound technician that focuses more on mids/highs instead of just kick/bass (which is mostly the case, for SURE on indoor locations/clubs)

As for the mixing of this album, it is for sure on the maximal side (I would compare it to Celestials Intelligence debut album) but thats his typical sound... and that driving kick (more modern, more strong) actually works very well on the dancefloors described above... They keep moving to the strong kick and get caught by the melodies that are non existent in most modern psy-trance... :)

For me, I love this album, he is super talented and I indeed believe he will release even better music in the future, but some of these tracks are straight in my top 10s last year easily :) 

16 hours ago, Padmapani said:

i've not yet given it the attention it deserves. all i can say right now is that sand of time is a stellar track. probably my favourite track released on suntrip since earthcall.

yeah sand of time is for sure my fav of the album so far too. but theres really alot of generic tracks on here, about 2-3 good tracks so far i think :)

5 hours ago, Padmapani said:

n when i saw filteria at ozora (they really don't have a bad sound system there, far from it) a similar thing happened. many melodies got lost and kick and bass sounded very weak compared to the sets before and after.

yep filterias kicks lack any real depth. but excellent for home listening :D 

23 hours ago, Anoebis said:

Well, as a dj playing on the "big" soundsystems a lot, I agree that modern Nano Psy Trance is for sure more suited for those soundsystems. The main issue is that the equalisers are made for that sound, so that goa sometimes sounds dull compared to them, unless you have a good sound technician that focuses more on mids/highs instead of just kick/bass (which is mostly the case, for SURE on indoor locations/clubs)

As for the mixing of this album, it is for sure on the maximal side (I would compare it to Celestials Intelligence debut album) but thats his typical sound... and that driving kick (more modern, more strong) actually works very well on the dancefloors described above... They keep moving to the strong kick and get caught by the melodies that are non existent in most modern psy-trance... :)

For me, I love this album, he is super talented and I indeed believe he will release even better music in the future, but some of these tracks are straight in my top 10s last year easily :) 

it surely does depend on sound systems and the technicians. at balkan goa fanatics i was quite surprised how good everything sounded compared to other locations. on most systems it's easier to make other psy sound good, but some clubs even manage to make astrix sound like a shitty amateur production.

he's definitely talented. when i heard his first tracks in 2017 i wondered why he wasn't on suntrip :)

even if the album is more suited for home listening it's still fine. the chances to experience goa trance on the dancefloor are far in between anyways.

22 hours ago, astralprojection said:

yeah sand of time is for sure my fav of the album so far too. but theres really alot of generic tracks on here, about 2-3 good tracks so far i think :)

yep filterias kicks lack any real depth. but excellent for home listening :D 

it's the same thing as with e-mantra and mindsphere. imho too much of a good thing is still a good thing. even if just a few spectacular tracks would of course be better than a whole album with >50% tracks you can't tell apart if you haven't already listened to the album ten times or so.

but i do understand it somewhat. once you've found a way that works for making a track that's guaranteed to be good, it's hard to throw that overboard and start fresh with a new approach.

3rd listen now and its starting to grow a little; due to a couple of really nice treats.

im very impressed how he managed to capture the Astral sound of Another World on Sand of time (and a couple of other tracks), aswell as Filterias sound on another track.

Thats very cool. I really dig when artist show other artists homage like that :)

But even Sand of time get a little bland i think towards the middle and end. 

edit: Sunrise is my new favorite. Slow start, but then it really hits home i think. Very nice track. For this and considering the rest id give the album a solid 3.5+ :) 

On 9/4/2019 at 10:24 PM, Padmapani said:

this is often the case for newschool goa with its multitude of layers. it sounds fine at home on monitors or good headphones, but at clubs where sound systems aren't perfect it quickly turns into mush and you don't even notice the melodies anymore. often kick and bass get lost too. i remember a party where it took me listening halfway through a track, then only at the break with less things playing i could make out it was actually one of my favourite tracks (i don't remember which one, it was either something by khetzal or ra). the same thing happened again with mindsphere at the same party. when you finally recognise the track you can fill in the blanks in your mind, but when you cannot (or don't know the track) it's just one big mess

You're telling me my stock volkswagon work caddy van defines layers better than Club speakers?

15 minutes ago, Tsotsi said:

You're telling me my stock volkswagon work caddy van defines layers better than Club speakers?

i bet you're not playing into the limiter of your volkswagen ;)

nor is your car a converted pedestrian underpass with especially atrocious acoustics.

i really have no idea why djs choose to go into the red so much (it doesn't even get louder at that point). i tried to simulate the horrible sound of a particular party at home and iirc had to push the limiter more than 20db as well as choose completely wrong settings and an extra bass boost in the eq before the limiter to get it into the territory of what i was hearing there.

Wow this thread caught fire since I left. I respect that some of you like it more than others and vice-versa, and speaking candidly..

I thought Antidote, despite a beautiful intro and nice melody work at 3:42 grew forgettable in the third minute. Some catchy melodies and changes in the 5th+sixth minute (mentioned above), but overall I found this too safe, generic, and conventional.    

Mission Adept is a step in the direction I wanted. It's more Filteria-esque, mad energy. The synths don't stay stuck in your head but they're catchy! I go back and forth with the phone-esque effect (mentioned above). Even Mary was like, I like everything but the phone sound. Again, a high energy, electric number. I won't repeat my review other than more development (evolution) in the last act would've been great. Take more risks! 

It Is Not Possible is darker, edgier. I love the synths and atmosphere. Melodies ooze-- nighttime sleekness. Definitely Filteria inspired but not emulated. Again the last act (by 5:30 / 5:40) grows fairly similar but maintains its electric feel.

Infinite Space is the MELODY track on the album for me, e.g., the second and third minute-- so good! The segment from 3:30 to 4:00 needed more change IMO (it overstays its welcome). Things sounded a bit going-through-the-motions a bit after till 6:01-- then the music's fast, punchy, and fun again! This is what I want but without the small dips! Again, the last act could have showcased more refreshing, complimentary variety. Great track though! 

On The Edge - Man I love the synths and intensity in the first 4 minutes. WOW!!! This is so AP-heavy (tense) without sounding formulaic. Great build to 5:18. Would it be possible to have more breath-taking, suspenseful, catchy interludes like this? Cool surprises like this exciting transition adds variety. I feel like the climax (continuing sound) could have been complimented with another synth and/or accent, but it's great and wow what a track! The song could have ended a minute earlier though!

Pandora's Box -- Like I said above, great first half. The second half loses its dynamic, punchy mixing/editing and settles for a bland (going through the motions) Goa sound. This adds to my criticisms. The song's structure is too similar and deserves more range, tempo changes, surprises. Sure the dance floors will be more forgiving. And imagine how amazing the second half could have been if it was cut as tightly as the first. The second half is not bad per say, just very similar sounding after a while, almost too traveling(?) for its own good. It lacks variety, development, something to spice it up and make it more interesting. 

Sand Of Time -- Strong track, but the fairly formulaic, more conventional last act prevented me from giving this a higher score. It's too risk-free IMO. Goa can have more brains too. That's why many of us like Filteria. Still this will erupt dance floors and I would have loved a more inventive finale. Good song overall. 

Sunrise -- The first act was less engaging than where it goes but WHERE IT GOES!!!! The last lead tops off the track, avoiding sounding too similar, draggy. It's closer to the tightness of On the Edge. What a beautiful climax! Just :wub: marvelous! I feel so excited and elevated (full of joy) when hearing it. So full of anything and everything is possible. 

The Constellation Of Aries's first act reminded me of Man With No Name vs. Astral Projection. Solid synth work! The first climax is very good! The song's direction isn't that elaborate, but the AP-inspired design is cool. I liked the breathing space (good vibes) in the middle and the last climax was great, especially when the star complimentary Goa lead topped it off. So beautiful!!! Gave me a high! Full of positivity and NOT cheesy, like an eagle soaring through the sky climax!!! The song new when to end too (thankfully) unlike the last 1:20 of On the Edge and never felt draggy via second half of Pandora's box.

Updated thoughts

All in all, great album and more variety, surprises, and evolutionary/developmental aspects to the songs please? I agree with some of your constructive criticisms, but I love this album in numerous ways. It brought back happy moments and made me feel more alive at times! That said, a few songs were a bit bland, a few segments not memorable, and a few acts (mainly thirds) could have done more for their previous acts (as several act 2's did to 1's). But that is criticism to one of the year's best Goa-Trance albums. The artist has room to improve, but if Constellation is any indication, it shows that the artist has a promising future. Now if only he reflects on our feedback mindfully, the next album will be amazing.

• Like 1

Well, I gave a listen to few tracks today and they are definitely good on their own. I actually always like Median's stuff when I hear it on a compilation or in a DJ set, when it is "diluted" by someone's else tracks. The album is just too much of the same thing, sort of.

I feel the same with many artist albums actually, for example Little Universe always was my favourite E-Clip's track - I heard it first on some compilation and immediately loved, and at the same time I used to think his Into The Void album was totally mediocre stuff. It took me a while to realize that Litle Universe was actually on that album, it was just too much of similar sounding tracks and it somehow got lost.

Also it's nearly impossible to listen to Mission Adept in the office, I always think it's some asshat is calling me by phone :D