Sign in to follow this  
astralprojection

what whas the first New School goa track

Tsotsi    82

@astralprojection taking in some of this software and tracker categorization; is it possible Quazar is just the first 'good'/'great' Neogoa track. 

6 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

@astralprojection taking in some of this software and tracker categorization; is it possible Quazar is just the first 'good'/'great' Neogoa track. 

Hmm I'm not sure, that seems a bit too subjective. But it's an interesting thought. And I would never had guessed this would be such a hard topic to get to the bottom of. Very interesting thread indeed :)

thanosp81    296

I wonder if we had Newschool tracks mastered the old way. Would they sound more Goa???

Padmapani    377
7 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

wouldn't the early infected mushroom tracks also fall in this category? that'd make it useless for classifying newschool.

2 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

I wonder if we had Newschool tracks mastered the old way. Would they sound more Goa???

I think it's much more in the mix than master, but certainly it's my belief you can mix a track to sound old school. I've already "decided" that mixing style and production style is what defines either. 

• Like 1

recursion loop    461
20 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

Do you know the russian band dolphin(Дельфин)?

Sure 

:D 

I know he also was making some more serious stuff but I never really cared about it.

59 minutes ago, recursion loop said:

Because you don't understand Russian :D

the recent stuff by dolphin is very good and psychedelic...some tracks remind me of goa a little bit.

sometimes if wish goa would go backwards to the Dark Synth, EBM, Industrial, Alternative Psy Rock roots...

That line is more a meme, its from chernobyl on HBO :)