Sign in to follow this  
astralprojection

what whas the first New School goa track

Tsotsi    92

@astralprojection taking in some of this software and tracker categorization; is it possible Quazar is just the first 'good'/'great' Neogoa track. 

6 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

@astralprojection taking in some of this software and tracker categorization; is it possible Quazar is just the first 'good'/'great' Neogoa track. 

Hmm I'm not sure, that seems a bit too subjective. But it's an interesting thought. And I would never had guessed this would be such a hard topic to get to the bottom of. Very interesting thread indeed :)

thanosp81    298

I wonder if we had Newschool tracks mastered the old way. Would they sound more Goa???

Padmapani    379
7 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

wouldn't the early infected mushroom tracks also fall in this category? that'd make it useless for classifying newschool.

2 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

I wonder if we had Newschool tracks mastered the old way. Would they sound more Goa???

I think it's much more in the mix than master, but certainly it's my belief you can mix a track to sound old school. I've already "decided" that mixing style and production style is what defines either. 

• Like 1

recursion loop    465
20 hours ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

Do you know the russian band dolphin(Дельфин)?

Sure 

:D 

I know he also was making some more serious stuff but I never really cared about it.

On 7/9/2019 at 10:26 PM, recursion loop said:

Because you don't understand Russian :D

the recent stuff by dolphin is very good and psychedelic...some tracks remind me of goa a little bit.

sometimes if wish goa would go backwards to the Dark Synth, EBM, Industrial, Alternative Psy Rock roots...

That line is more a meme, its from chernobyl on HBO :)

Tsotsi    92
On 6/19/2019 at 3:41 AM, astralprojection said:

Is everything made since 2004 technically New School? Or what in your mind, would constitute something being produced now; but still Old School ? So pretty much same question recursion asked me :P

Don't know why i've been thinking about this question lately BUT is Neogoa just Goa + Ambient?

On 10/23/2019 at 9:03 AM, Tsotsi said:

Don't know why i've been thinking about this question lately BUT is Neogoa just Goa + Ambient?

your are here because baba subrabeast has new gay gem 

52 minutes ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

your are here because baba subrabeast has new gay gem 

i belive you never heard this shitty but emotional track...я вас немцев в анал сф пидарасю

Don't forget to take extra vitamin b1, b6 and b12 with all that booze <3

31 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

Don't forget to take extra vitamin b1, b6 and b12 with all that booze <3

hmmm...i like you, saw you in newschool topic. But nice to meet you skandinavian gaylord...love you realy hard <3

Manuser    268
On 6/18/2019 at 7:41 PM, astralprojection said:

^

do you know of any New Old School tracks  or did I just make  that up a few comments ago ? :P

Is everything made since 2004 technically New School? Or what in your mind, would constitute something being produced now; but still Old School ? So pretty much same question recursion asked me :P

For example Jikooha sounds old school most of the time, this EP for instance was released this year. 

Tsotsi    92
On 10/25/2019 at 6:58 PM, Manuser said:

do you know of any New Old School tracks  or did I just make  that up a few comments ago ?

Have we had wrong all along? What if Pleiadians were Old New school and Neo Goa started in the 90's? 

Manuser    268
14 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Have we had wrong all along? What if Pleiadians were Old New school and Neo Goa started in the 90's? 

The link I posted above is dead, but this is the EP of 2019 I was mentioning:

And this album is from 2012, it is old school I think:

To be honest I never liked this distinction between old and new school goa, for me it should just be goa trance, whether it sounds modern or old is a detail. 

• Like 2