New Children of the Bong Website to celebrate 25 years!

Children of the Bong

It's been a while...25 years in fact!

Check out the new site www. childrenofthebong.com for all things Bong; like:  how we got started or the 'making of' SIRIUS SOUNDS or what we did next, with stories, photos  and music.  

Let me know what you think! Rob Bong.x

Children of the Bong Sirius Sounds cover

#COTB25

Edited by Rob Bong
Fixed link to website

Nice to hear from u guys. :) 'Sirius Sounds' might be my faourite psy-chill album from the 90s! I do also have all the tracks from the two "untitled" cassettes you once made. There's a couple nice tunes on those as well... any chance you'd release more material from those days? 

8 hours ago, Rob Bong said:

Children of the Bong

It's been a while...25 years in fact!

Check out the new site www. childrenofthebong.com for all things Bong; like:  how we got started or the 'making of' SIRIUS SOUNDS or what we did next, with stories, photos  and music.  

Let me know what you think! Rob Bong.x

Children of the Bong Sirius Sounds cover

#COTB25

Link needs fixing. Other than that, wow, the memories

2 hours ago, Oopie said:

Nice to hear from u guys. :) 'Sirius Sounds' might be my faourite psy-chill album from the 90s! I do also have all the tracks from the two "untitled" cassettes you once made. There's a couple nice tunes on those as well... any chance you'd release more material from those days? 

You've got the cassettes??? Excellent!! Thanks for the support :lol:

Funnily enough, I've just been going though some of the tracks that didn't make it on to Sirius Sounds (due to time limits on the double Vinyl and CD) and the stuff we did after that didn't get released and its pretty dammed good (even if I do say so myself)! So... watch this space :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, thanosp81 said:

Link needs fixing. Other than that, wow, the memories

Thanks for the heads up! Link now fixed (I hope).

The website is basically a digitised version of my memories and a box full of photos etc that I found. A lot of things are a bit hazy these days... but I can't remember why...! :)

it's interesting to read how that iconic album came about, but i was really hoping that you'd come back with some new sounds for us.

2 hours ago, Rob Bong said:

Funnily enough, I've just been going though some of the tracks that didn't make it on to Sirius Sounds (due to time limits on the double Vinyl and CD) and the stuff we did after that didn't get released and its pretty dammed good (even if I do say so myself)! So... watch this space :rolleyes:

ah, well. old rediscovered sounds are equally good :)

19 hours ago, Rob Bong said:

You've got the cassettes??? Excellent!! Thanks for the support :lol:

I don't have the physical releases but managed to get a rip of the cassettes nevertheless. :)

On them I find couple really strong tunes that should be released:

Cosmic Flash

Ultraviolet Catastrophy

Ultrascope

Inflight Trance

Maybe a few others to go with those? You'd have a buyer here!

21 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

T-shirts don't look bad either :)

Oh man, I forgot to mention the T-shirts, thanks for reminding me!! :+1:

If you haven't seen, we've just sorted some brand new t-shirt designs based on the artwork from Sirius Sounds and more! Check out our shop and let me know what you think! 

760368663_7rowgif.thumb.gif.5b7f8d4bcb538642be95e7d850e41b45.gif

15 hours ago, Oopie said:

I don't have the physical releases but managed to get a rip of the cassettes nevertheless. :)

On them I find couple really strong tunes that should be released:

Cosmic Flash

Ultraviolet Catastrophy

Ultrascope

Inflight Trance

Maybe a few others to go with those? You'd have a buyer here!

Ha ha, a rip of a cassette? Quality!! :lol:

Those tracks were definitely among the ones I was looking at. They were never mastered originally so they would sound much better if released!

'Ultraviolet Catastrophy'? I've had a few of those but didn't call a track that.... 'Ultraviolet Frequencies' maybe? :P

Yes 'Ultraviolet Frequencies' indeed mate! I do like one of the hoodies and the mug's sweet as well... I'll support u guys just need a bit of balance on my paypal account first. 

Can't honestly believe you recorded Sirius Sounds in 14 days? Talk about real musicianship... it takes 1-3 months for me to just finish a single track. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Oopie said:

Yes 'Ultraviolet Frequencies' indeed mate! I do like one of the hoodies and the mug's sweet as well... I'll support u guys just need a bit of balance on my paypal account first. 

Can't honestly believe you recorded Sirius Sounds in 14 days? Talk about real musicianship... it takes 1-3 months for me to just finish a single track. :rolleyes:

Well to be fair, we recorded it (as in mixed/remixed) in 14 days but had written most of it before then in our bedroom studio!

I think nowadays we can infinitely tweak our tracks and keep going back to it so easily that its hard to say its actually finished, back then it was a real pain to set up all the synths and mixing desk again so you worked on the same track until it was done!