Can psytrance produce an altered state of consciousness?

Void Mantra

I used to reach it when I had just woken up and in my near slumbered state thrown some earphones in, I would generally end up getting sent through galaxies and lucid dreaming things like flying and space orgies ;). This doesn't happen anymore, I've either grown to familiar with the styles structure or lost some part of my younger self that could do that.

Some songs still trip me out and fill me with euphoria, so Yes I would say psy certainly produces altered states of consciousness.   

it's not called psychedelic trance for nothing. if you put on for instance braincell -  there is more on this world or pleiadians - maia (there are many more but personally i've found these two to work easiest) on headphones and close your eyes and you are still aware of the real world by the end of the track you haven't been focused on listening.

19 hours ago, Padmapani said:

it's not called psychedelic trance for nothing. if you put on for instance braincell -  there is more on this world or pleiadians - maia (there are many more but personally i've found these two to work easiest) on headphones and close your eyes and you are still aware of the real world by the end of the track you haven't been focused on listening.

I must be doing it wrong then ;-) 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 11:44 PM, Tsotsi said:

I used to reach it when I had just woken up and in my near slumbered state thrown some earphones in, I would generally end up getting sent through galaxies and lucid dreaming things like flying and space orgies ;). This doesn't happen anymore, I've either grown to familiar with the styles structure or lost some part of my younger self that could do that.

Some songs still trip me out and fill me with euphoria, so Yes I would say psy certainly produces altered states of consciousness.   

Not sure I would categorize euphoria as an altered state of consciousness though. Funny story nonetheless.  

Everytime I produce something and I am really into it, deeply enjoying sounds and psychedelia of it I got lost, just partly there in chair. I am not very aware of surrounding, feels like im in many places and then when I take a break it's hard to come together for some 10-15 mins ahaha

I am not sure if it's what you asked but it is very pleasent experience and then all these inspiration and ideas come, then next day 'how da fuck did I made this?' :lol:

All I need to do is to get the right sound to trigger that experience :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imba said:

Everytime I produce something and I am really into it, deeply enjoying sounds and psychedelia of it I got lost, just partly there in chair. I am not very aware of surrounding, feels like im in many places and then when I take a break it's hard to come together for some 10-15 mins ahaha

I am not sure if it's what you asked but it is very pleasent experience and then all these inspiration and ideas come, then next day 'how da fuck did I made this?' :lol:

All I need to do is to get the right sound to trigger that experience :)

I think that happens to all us producers.. many a times I listen to my tracks I would be like, how in the fuck did I create that? Was it really me?

• Like 1