Classic Goa Trax! (sublabel of Suntrip Records)

Classic Goa Trax just released something else... A remaster (by Tim Schuldt) of Shakta's classic debut album Silicon Trip on Dragonfly!
Acidic, funky, spiralling Brittish goa-trance that still kills dancefloors today! :) Available on following digital platforms (and more):

1. The Neuromancer
2. Lepton Head Part III
3. Silicon Trip
4. Ion Tribe
5. Spiritual Beings in Physical Bodies
6. Temporal Shift
7. Shakti Shakta
8. Inner Polarity
9. Loopmutant
10. Earthrise

Bandcamp:
https://classicgoatrax.bandcamp.com/album/shakta-silicon-trip-2019-remaster/

Beatport:
https://www.beatport.com/search?q=Shakta+Sillicon+Trip

Itinus:
https://music.apple.com/be/album/silicon-trip/1468425735

Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/embed/album/6X3ynwvlzq8UMpPUDzfRnw

Cover.jpg

• Thanks 1

I feel a bit bad to ask this since the demand would be low for this album, but if by any chance Nuclear Ramjet - Age of Aquarius could be remastered it would be really great, been dreaming of a remastered version of the track Minas Morgul. I know it's a long shot though. Thanks anyway for the hard work! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manuser said:

I feel a bit bad to ask this since the demand would be low for this album, but if by any chance Nuclear Ramjet - Age of Aquarius could be remastered it would be really great, been dreaming of a remastered version of the track Minas Morgul. I know it's a long shot though. Thanks anyway for the hard work! 

Omg yes. A stunning album with really bad mastering

11 minutes ago, thanosp81 said:

Omg yes. A stunning album with really bad mastering

I posted Minas Morgul a while ago here and most of the people think the mastering is ok, me I think it's quite poor and it sounds weak because of the low volume. Minas Morgul is so inspiring that I would happily pay the price of an album just for this track remastered! 

On 6/20/2019 at 2:52 PM, Manuser said:

I posted Minas Morgul a while ago here and most of the people think the mastering is ok, me I think it's quite poor and it sounds weak because of the low volume. Minas Morgul is so inspiring that I would happily pay the price of an album just for this track remastered! 

Its still available on their own bandcamp if I'm not mistaken, so its not "ours" to distribute...

• 8 months later...

Any possibility to have this album by Seb Taylor re-released?

https://www.discogs.com/Somaton-Future-Memories/master/87256

And the Shakta tracks on this VA:

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Arsim-On-Acid/release/285226

4 hours ago, Anoebis said:

Misra Indica was re-released on the Retroscape album on Suntrip Records, and the other one is also on Zep Tepi. As for the Future Memories release, we are talking, but we are not sure yet... 

Aha cool thanks, didn't know those two tracks were re-released already :) Gonna check em out.

btw the TB-303 action in this track of the Future Memories album is crazy:

Mutate And Survive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Zs6Oyn05g&list=PLTaVLGRg9lEVJfrzYEnT0svviV63wFqEE&index=3

Seeing that you’ve released Mirandas Athena tracks, is there any possibility of releasing her Miranda tracks from compilations?

For example: Real Rush, Riding Alien, Space Baby, Sparkling State of Mind, Triplexus and Electrobot. Or are they perhaps in the pipeline for her releases at Spiral Trax?

The Ominus tracks would obviously be cool as well :)

4 hours ago, Diaks said:

Seeing that you’ve released Mirandas Athena tracks, is there any possibility of releasing her Miranda tracks from compilations?

For example: Real Rush, Riding Alien, Space Baby, Sparkling State of Mind, Triplexus and Electrobot. Or are they perhaps in the pipeline for her releases at Spiral Trax?

The Ominus tracks would obviously be cool as well :)

The Miranda tracks wil be re-released as a cd indeed. Thats why we could "only" have the (amazing) Athena tracks :)

As for Ominus, thats a no, because Dara Lee dont want it, thats it! :( 

Understandable with the Miranda compilation tracks. Too bad with the Ominus tracks, they would’ve been very cool remastered. 

I wonder how to they worked on their tracks back then, with the distance to Sweden. If they traveled to UK or Sweden and worked together in the studio, or if it was common to send track stems/project files on dat/discs/floppys via postal services?

Since this was prior to our fast internet and cloud stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Remastered Shakta  :wub:

What a great initiative, and on Bandcamp too - that makes it even better. I've got my eye on a few more of these rereleases, once my financial situation permits :lol:.

The best releases so far for my taste in no particular order:  Athena - Single Collection, Mystica - Age Of Innocence, Mystica - Single Collection, Prana - Cyclone. You can't go wrong with Shakta either. :) Curious to know which releases other think are the best/essential so far?

• 5 weeks later...

This time we don't offer you a simple re-release... We offer you something special! A whole unreleased 90s album of Greek "The Infonaut" called Informatics. As a bonus you get his 3 previously released tracks as well of course! :)
What can you expect? As usual, pure goa-trance! More melodic and funky as the usual one... with that typical, unique 90s vibe allover! :)

https://classicgoatrax.bandcamp.com/album/informatics

Informatics.jpg

This is a really cool initiative and I was happy to snap up (and promote) the Prana singles collection! One thing I'm curious about is the sourcing for some of these releases... for full albums or compilations I'd assume it came from the original files, but for some of the collections (Athena, M.O.S., etc.) the material might come from all over the place, but I seem to recall seeing no mention of remastering or any other special treatment. Even if it's just some tracks collected from various commercial releases it would be cool to explicitly state as much, so us collectors have some idea of whether we already have the exact same file prior to purchase.

• Like 1

I only know that on the Mystica singles collection, the Orly's Remix track is from Israel's Psychedelic Trance vol 2, since you can hear the fade-in of the intro to the Nada & DJ Jörg - Viking track.

But yeah it's stated clearly for that release that the tracks were sourced from various compilations.

"This is a single collection of the released Mystica tracks on various labels and compilations! :) Many of them are hard to find these days, so we are sure this will make the fans of euphoric typical Israeli goa trance happy! :)

Classic Goa Trax (a sublabel of Suntrip Records) works together with Mystica for this release, so the artist gets her part of this amazing music of the past! :)"

And this specific track I believe was  never released on any other VA either, besides Israel's Psychedelic Trance Vol-2? A great track btw. :D 

21 hours ago, Basilisk said:

This is a really cool initiative and I was happy to snap up (and promote) the Prana singles collection! One thing I'm curious about is the sourcing for some of these releases... for full albums or compilations I'd assume it came from the original files, but for some of the collections (Athena, M.O.S., etc.) the material might come from all over the place, but I seem to recall seeing no mention of remastering or any other special treatment. Even if it's just some tracks collected from various commercial releases it would be cool to explicitly state as much, so us collectors have some idea of whether we already have the exact same file prior to purchase.

Interesting question. Untill now most releases were only lightly upgraded. Volumes were made equal and vinyls were cleaned up so they sound good. In some cases it was the CD-material, in other cases material directly from the artist. 
In some other cases the artists gave it a personal remaster as well. It all depends on the release. If you have questions about certain releases you can always ask us of course. You can also listen to released on bandcamp and I will keep your comment in mind. We will write it explicitely in our future releases! :)

Joske