Subcategory for Vinyl Releases and Announcements?

it's not as if the vinyl posts get lost huge flood of content we get in the general artist news and label announcements forum. i'd say if anything we should rather do away with the subforums of our categories altogether. i often miss posts in the crowd funding, cultural zone or party talk subforums because i don't specifically click on these (or notice that they contain unread posts).

I suspect one of the main issues would be that in reality, most releases are actually multi-format. Most vinyl releases are available as downloads, many as CDs too. I'd also say that the main topics of any release discussion (before/after) are:

• that the release is/was happening
  • the music itself (+ maybe linking it to the artist's / label's other production etc.)

So, there are very few releases that would be strictly vinyl-only and fairly few discussion points that would actually concern the vinyl format itself. If there's a vinyl+digital release, where would we put it? Directing digital buyers to a vinyl subforum would feel wrong. Splitting the discussion to two different places would be worse. What would we do in the vinyl forum topic? Discuss just the pressing while avoiding all references to the music?

Meanwhile, it could be informative to have the formats listed in post tags. However, my realistic prediction is that even if that was requested/recommended, the success rate would be less than 10%. Copy-paste announce-bots won't do that, and "normal users" aren't consistent with their tag use either.

On 4/13/2019 at 7:33 AM, Padmapani said:

i often miss posts in the crowd funding, cultural zone or party talk subforums because i don't specifically click on these (or notice that they contain unread posts).

I browse the forum almost exclusively through the "Activity" -button. :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...