Shpongle - Nothing Lasts... Remastered 2xLP Deluxe Vinyls

psyhoe

Soo.....the next, long time announced Shpongle Remastered Deluxe Vinyls finally arrived.

Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost. SUPER DELUXE 2xLP PACKAGE 

The Artwork is beatiful and done with a lot of love for the detail.

The remastered sound is just as like the other two albums awesome. I think its very pity they havent pressed it on 180g vinyl. The inner sleeves also looks very basic and could be more attractive as for a deluxe edition.

I compared my copy with the one of a friend and both releases have like air bubbles between the atwork layers on the cover. aspecially around the metalic parts. mine has a lot more and after reporting it to Twisted they say its a damage and will send a replacement cover. I will see what will arrive.  my friend and i both are worried that the bubbles will grow in time and the cover will look wavy. well we will see in the future.

also a minus point imho is the untypical size of the release. Its longer than any other vinyl release why im having trouble to fit it on my shelf next to my other vinyls. if you want them in order this one sticks out and disturbs the line. also i cannot present it on my shelf that has boxes specially with the size of vinyls so you can put in a release with the cover to the front, the hight is ok but its too wide.

and, on the margin, what i miss is some hidden extra, like on Are You Shpongled? Deluxe Release. or havent i just found it yet?

last but not least, they are asking their fans for a lot of money. including shipping it cost me 150€.

all together its a beautiful release with amazing remastered sound, but after all the announcents and the very high price the expectations were also high. im a bit dissapointed in how the result is, even more comparing to the former deluxe editions.

What is Your opinion on it?

Anyone else having trouble with the quality?

Not on 180 gram vinyl? Really?

I wasn't really paying too close attention to the details of the release, as I wasn't gonna buy it, but that's a shame.
If you're gonna release a hella expensive collector print, that should be in 180gram virgin vinyl.

That's a bummer

10 hours ago, the goa constrictor said:

Not on 180 gram vinyl? Really?

I wasn't really paying too close attention to the details of the release, as I wasn't gonna buy it, but that's a shame.
If you're gonna release a hella expensive collector print, that should be in 180gram virgin vinyl.

That's a bummer

have to admit i never noticed that either, assumed would be like the others, but beside it being less likely to warp, and may last longer

that's the only difference these days, ant their are some real bad 180g pressings coming out, so as long as it sounds good, not to worried

I have received a replacement cover today and the disappointemnd continues.

The new cover also has the bubble issue. It's not as much as the first copy i received but still the bubbles are present and make the cover look wavy on the front. This one is the forth copy i see and ALL have more or less this bubble issues.

Also there is some ugly fold in the green layer on the front top (another copy also had a fold on the bottom part). And the highlight of this cover is: there is a freakin HAIR pressed under the graphic layer of the front mask!! What the heck goes wrong there? I hope at least its a hair from Raja or Simon but i doubt that.

I reported these issues with photos to Twistend and will see what they reply. I dont want it to sound like whining but so far Im really disappointed about the products quality for the price they asked. I will report when i know more.

On 4/16/2019 at 6:04 AM, psyhoe said:

I have received a replacement cover today and the disappointemnd continues.

The new cover also has the bubble issue. It's not as much as the first copy i received but still the bubbles are present and make the cover look wavy on the front. This one is the forth copy i see and ALL have more or less this bubble issues.

Also there is some ugly fold in the green layer on the front top (another copy also had a fold on the bottom part). And the highlight of this cover is: there is a freakin HAIR pressed under the graphic layer of the front mask!! What the heck goes wrong there? I hope at least its a hair from Raja or Simon but i doubt that.

I reported these issues with photos to Twistend and will see what they reply. I dont want it to sound like whining but so far Im really disappointed about the products quality for the price they asked. I will report when i know more.

i received my copy today, and you have had some bad luck, as mine is perfect in every way, nothing as you described
and sounds amazing, not worried at all that it aint 180g, as couldn't be better
i think there has been a mix up in the warehouse, and you received some of the first batch that were rejected (which is why their was a delay, as their were faults with the artwork)
am sure twisted will sort it out,
have some faith, they all not like that