Electric Universe "Cosmic Experience"

Guest Filip

I just got the new Electric Universe and it is a BLAST. Been listening to trance since 89, goa since 94 and I have to say that this is old school brought to the 04 year. Its fast, energetic, has some nice chants, beautiful complex layering sitting on a pulsing beat. I love it and I highly recommend it. If u don't have it go to saikosounds.com and listen to their 4 minute samples (or u can go to psyshop and listen to their nano second samples ;).

Anyway, are there any other artists out there who are bringing back that nostalgic style? Any suggestions would be appreciated. If only Dimension 5 regrouped and made another album...

Fil

Guest Mindtwister

Try Boris Blenn's other release this year "Jupiter 8000 - Twisted Bliss"

I think its even better then Cosmic Experience!

Take Care!

Come on what's with all this Boris Blenn praising... I mean the man basically applied the exact same formula he did for his last 7 albums... but now all of a sudden it's groundbreaking... Sure it's a little different from his other albums (each of his albums are a little different from eachother) but from that to say it's revolutionary? Don't get me wrong, I DO find that his album and Jupiter 8000 are 2 of the best 04 releases so far but I just can't understand why everyone cosiders them to be so groundbreaking...

SMI²LE

"Been listening to trance since 89" <---- wow, you´re probably as old as my grandfather....

hahaha just kidding =)

damn I was only 5 years old back then.. You were listening to trance, and I was playing hide and seek hehehe

Guest Mindtwister

Lemmiwinks:

I never said its groundbreaking, but when everything I buy these days sounds the same full on style I accidently lowers the bar of what I think sounds good and then react much stronger when I hear albums like jupiter 8000 or electric universe. Might sound odd or strange but in these days you have to be happy for stuff like this if u are an old school fan.

But if you compare it so for ex I.F.O. or stuff like that it sound like shit :P

The old days where the best days :D

Hope u got my point Lemmi =)

Take Care!

Guest DDrum

Back then, Mr.Blenn was always amongst the better producers outthere. Since there are no exceptional newcomers for this style and other top goa producers simply quit, jumped the bandwagon or completely lost it...the enthusiasm for any new Electric Universe album is understandable; there isn't any1 that can or wants to make a better goaish album.

For me this is half DejaVu and half OhYeah!...I don't expect a more tasty cup of my tea this year.

Guest Jon Cocco

I just got Electronic Universe - Unify. It has some great, very melodic, cool, tracks, especially track 1, 2, and the last one, oh.. and 7 too I think is fucking great! Is his new album better or less better in your opinion than Unify, his last album?

• 1 year later...

Anyway, are there any other artists out there who are bringing back that nostalgic style?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

63453[/snapback]

Yes, Cosmic Experience is one of the best albums released the last couple of years.

Also try:

Psydrop - Fantasy Seeds (Even better then Cosmic Experience imo)

Talpa - The Art of being Non

Fractal Glider - Parasite

No one mentioned Filteria - Sky Input?