13. Voice of the Four 06:01

14. The Darkest Year 05:27

15. In / Finite 03:20

16. The Pale Horse 05:08

17. Thalium 05:57

18. Into That Good Night 03:20

19. Unshackled 04:45

20. Fervent Descent 03:27

Here is a ton of new material from Evan Bartholomew, known as Bluetech. There is enough tracks to fit into two albums, but here it is all collected into one neat package.

The style of the album is very interesting and will mostly speak to those who like a more electro-oriented stuff. There isn't much in terms of psychedelic music in here, but there are some tracks that would fit in that criteria.

Anyway, if you know who Bluetech is, then you also know that he always delivers goods.

REVIEW

1. Behold, A White Horse 05:18

What a fine opening track this is. It's very electroey, if I could use that term. It also has a very cool, almost 80's kind of melody. It just sounds so retro to me. Great stuff!

4/5

2. Dancing On My Own Grave 04:51

This next track continues in the same fashion - a slow-paced retro-electro. It's fun and short, and quite good to be honest.

4/5

3. Ringside At The Parthenon 06:04

The style changes in track #3. This time it's more trip-hop than electro, but it's just as good. The synths sound like Mathew Jonson, and since I like Jonson's techno, this track really speaks to me.

4/5

4. The Archer 04:35

It's interesting how all these tracks sort of sound the same, yet still have enough distinguishing details. Once again, this is a slow electro kind of track that has a fun little melody, and unfortunately, a very short running time. I just wish it was twice as long.

4/5

5. Forgotten Empires Never Forget 05:16

Great stuff here once again. Similar style as before.

4/5

6. The Red Horse 05:12

The mood changes in track #6 to a mellower one. But the beats are just as crisp and the synths are just as cool.

4/5

7. Sword of War (Machaira) 05:40

The mellow moods continue with some classy trip-hop beats. This is also the darkest track on the album yet.

4/5

8. Reign & Bone 04:45

Well, Bluetech just keeps on delivering. This is track #8 and it still feels fresh and exciting. Also, now we do get into a more traditional psychill environment here. At least that's how it feels to me.

4/5

9. Rumpistol - Eyes Open Wide (Bluetech Remix) [feat. Ane Trolle] 04:03

A pop song? Yup, a snynth-pop song to be exact. And it's totally fine, could be even considered a hit if it were released back in the 80s.

4/5

10. A Blessed Release 04:17

Well, here's a track that I've expected to hear: a beatless synthcapade, and it's gorgeous. But again, just too short for me.

4/5

11. The Black Horse 06:04

Technically, this would be the start of the second CD, and it is an opening worthy of the gods. Black Horse is one of the most beautiful tracks I've ever heard. It's so dreamy and sincere that I can't believe this track is real. Huge!

Black Horse is definitely my favorite horse :D

5/5

12. Tipping the Scales 07:16

The first proper 4/4 piece. Obviously, it's not fast, but it is tipping more towards the dance genre, hence the title of the track I guess.

4/5

13. Voice of the Four 06:01

A rather subpar track, the first one that I don't really like. There is a bit of dissonance in the melodic structure, and it makes the whole listening experience underwhelming.

2/5

14. The Darkest Year 05:27

Ok, this one's a bit better, but it seems to be another dud. Well, I guess we've just enter the filler territory of the album.

3/5

15. In / Finite 03:20

A short track that strongly reminds me of Help Me by Timo Maas. It's an alright track.

3/5

16. The Pale Horse 05:08

Bluetech returns here to the electro sound of the first half of the album. Again, everything is tied with those gorgeous beats and vintage synths.

There is also a little bit of 303 thrown in there, which only adds to the flavor.

4/5

17. Thalium 05:57

Thalium is very similar to The Pale Horse, right down to the structure and choice of sounds. And it's just as good.

4/5

18. Into That Good Night 03:20

A nice and short interlude track that starts to indicate the end of the album. It has the farewell mood done right.

4/5    

19. Unshackled 04:45

This is the last proper track on the album coming before the outro. It's produced in the same slow electro style as most of the tracks before it. The only difference that it has a pretty catchy lead melody.

4/5

20. Fervent Descent 03:27

A very sad and slow beatless outro. A proper finisher for such an overwhelming album.

3/5

---

The Four Horsemen is a remarkable effort from Bluetech. This album is terrific, and almost every track is good. Obviously, the horse tracks are the best, but there are a few others as well that work extremely well.

The best track on the album is The Black Horse. It's a very original piece of work, and it's also super catchy. I don't think I've heard anything like that before, at least not from Bluetech himself. So definitely a winner of this album.

4/5