Is it worth updating Cubase?

I really hate updating things so I'm still on Cubase 5. I feel like it pretty much does what I need. That said, I'm wondering if there are any significant reasons why I should update now that Cubase is on version 10 and I am really far behind? I didn't like the look of 7, felt like it was trying too hard to be Ableton and I don't recall it having any must-have features that would justify an update. But what do you guys think about the newest version(s)? Is there some kind of significant improvement in sound quality (is that even possible?) or something else that justifies an update?

16 hours ago, winterelegy said:

...I'm still on Cubase 5. I feel like it pretty much does what I need...

Then it's not worth it for you.

I on the other hand prefer to have everything up to date, even if I don't use all (most?) of the added features - but that's me.

Oh here's a question, did they ever stop the stupid thing where it re-checks all the plugins after daylight savings? That ALWAYS fucks up something for me (just had to fix a vst it no longer recognized last night, even though the .dll was in the appropriate vst folder)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, winterelegy said:

Oh here's a question, did they ever stop the stupid thing where it re-checks all the plugins after daylight savings? That ALWAYS fucks up something for me (just had to fix a vst it no longer recognized last night, even though the .dll was in the appropriate vst folder)

It did re-initialize them after the most recent ones, so I'd say no (just got Cubase 2 months ago, so wouldn't know about the past).