Miranda - Cosmic Treasure Vol.1 Best of 1995-2000 Remastered

Tsotsi

Artist: Miranda

Title: Cosmic Treasure Vol.1 Best of 1995-2000 Remastered

Label: Spiral Trax

IMG_20190325_223544.thumb.jpg.15572f3c00dd7450f04d0134e6630901.jpg

I mean, all I have to say to this is 'wow, fuck yes this is great, never leave my ears you beautiful sounds'.

I have some of Miranda's stuff. I've always thought it was awesome. But! I had no idea it could sound like this. This perfectly remastered selection of her greats is to me like listening to them all again for the first time. 

I mean, just take the intro, ya'll know a good intro is sick, and this one is for sure. 

Don't even get me started on Gnocchi's wild ass bass line and wild zaps of energy. 

'Their isn't a bad song here' is a statement that was true before the remaster.  So it's hard to know what to say about it now. 'There are only 10/10 tracks presented here?' That'll do. 

Listen to the vibrancy of Step To The Stars for example. Listen to that punch. My goodness gracious. Wiiild

Miranda likes Mars, we can take a hint. But if the planet of Mars was anything like Miranda's Planet of Mars track I'd be there in a heartbeat. 

Surely any Miranda fan would understand why I would think that Phenomena should be in their top 3 favourite tracks. Well this is better than you remember. 

Somewhere Out There, Awesome

Mars Needs Woman, Eclectic with an ending like you have only kinda heard before. But not like this. 

Andalgalornis, Deep and electric. 

Magnetic Levitation, A favourite on top of a bunch of favourites. 

I mean what more could you want than deep rumbles, dark atmospheres, psychotic melodies and absolute layered distinction. 

https://spiraltrax.bandcamp.com/album/miranda-cosmic-treasure-vol-1-best-of-1995-2000-remastered-spitcd053-spiral-trax

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2019 at 12:42 AM, Prana4ever said:

Such a shame it doesn't include Second Step To The Stars, it's such a great track, could have been a double CD. Still, it's a joy to hear those tracks remastered. 

Are you sure it doesn't include second step to the stars?

:D

On 3/26/2019 at 2:42 PM, Prana4ever said:

Such a shame it doesn't include Second Step To The Stars, it's such a great track, could have been a double CD. Still, it's a joy to hear those tracks remastered. 

At first it was supposed to be a double cd, but instead this is vol. 1 :) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

Are you sure it doesn't include second step to the stars?

:D

I double checked and it's not there.

8 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

At first it was supposed to be a double cd, but instead this is vol. 1 :) 

Thanks for the info. By any chance do you know if the second will be released... soon enough? :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 5:40 AM, Prana4ever said:

I double checked and it's not there.

Thanks for the info. By any chance do you know if the second will be released... soon enough? :)

No info I'm afraid

• 1 month later...

fuck, its missing Groom Lake, id honestly buy it otherwise  : O

anyway, so nice to see the oldies remastering their stuff, only wish more producers did that.

Who wouldnt buy a remastered version of Astrals catalog? I would. From what I can gather from my research most mastering was done by Lior Perlmutter himself and honestly , he damn near ruined Amen for me, and i can think of dozens more albums that really would be excellent to get a modern master of.

mastering quality has increased tenfold since the 90s/00s.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The mastering is very good indeed. I hope some label could remaster and re-release her albums. It's a shame they aren't widely available on the digital platforms. Asynja and Northern Lights in particular would sound pristine remastered, since they had a very nice mastering/mixdown to begin with.

Talking of which, makes me wonder if it's somehow possible, to someday have the destination goa, distance to goa, goa-head and pulse compilations re-released. I have no clue who owns the rights to those compilations. But I think they would sound awesome remastered.